• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if it has already been asked but at 116 pages the thread is somewhat impenetrable. Is there anything in the registry for an Ys pack with both Oath and Origin? I want to pick up Oath for 5 and don't mind if it goes a few dollars cheaper.

Sorry to reply so late but I was able to find "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/w6gxt/steam_summer_sale_preview_indie_bundlesmore/ and although I cannot vouch for the reliability of the post it was right about day one and day two (although I'm going off my memory with this so I could be wrong and he could have made a mistake) so expect it in an Indie Bundle on day 5. I can't find anything related to a pack including both though.

Pyccko

about From Dust, it's kind of like a god game right? can you do crazy stuff like make resevoirs and mess with storms?

is there a free play mode?

I don't know any real specifics about the game, but I think I heard you have to beat the story mode once to open the freeplay mode.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Finally picked up the Isaac DLC. $2.99 $1.49 (yesterday) $0.74. Do glad I followed the rules. :D

njLun.png

Definately worth $5. There are some fantastic levels. Only second behind Anniversary for me.

For anyone who gave up on Tomb Raider in the old Core/Eidos days, they should know that Crystal D really did a great job updating the controls. You no longer have to carefully walk up to ledges and hop back before a jump, for example.

It still has giant room based puzzles and lots of shimmy around and exploration. It rewards exploration and the patient, but it's not tedious like the old games were.

Enco

Just give me FO NV. Got it on ps3 but would be nice to play it thoroughly with mods and the expansion packs on pc.

Free copy of Payday: The Heist to the first person who answers the following question correctly.

Name 3 games from three separate franchises which fit the following criteria:

1) There is a living, breathing character which has to move.
2) You have no control over that character (this excludes strategy games in which you move your units).
3) Your manipulation of the environment, items, or other things apart from the character allow this non-controlled character to reach its goal.

EchoChrome, Monkeyball, Kirby Tilt N Tumble

Edit: Echochrome doesn't count does it. Metroid Pinball does though right :p.

Crayons

Banned
Only 1 day and just $17 left in my Steam Wallet from my original $52.

Damage done so far

Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Max Payne Bundle
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Lara Croft GOL + All DLC
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2

Sorry to reply so late but I was able to find "Ys: The Oath in Felghana" from here: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/w6gxt/steam_summer_sale_preview_indie_bundlesmore/ and although I cannot vouch for the reliability of the post it was right about day one and day two (although I'm going off my memory with this so I could be wrong and he could have made a mistake) so expect it in an Indie Bundle on day 5. I can't find anything related to a pack including both though.

It's from the Steam registry a few days before the sale, so its pretty reliable. If you're only interested in Ys, then like I said before, since Hoard showed up in today's flash deal, that means that there is a possibility that Ys TOF could show up as a flash deal too, and by extension Ys Origin, since they seem to be secretly putting franchise games in the flash deals.

Thanks for the fast replies about Max Payne, guys! It they were an euro cheaper I would buy them right now, but I'm way too cheap :lol

It's a shame I won't be home until the sale is almost over, I'd get a couple of extra Prey keys for trading :( Oh well, I guess I'll wait once again

sTeLioSco

Banned
Free copy of Payday: The Heist to the first person who answers the following question correctly.

2) You have no control over that character (this excludes strategy games in which you move your units).
3) Your manipulation of the environment, items, or other things apart from the character allow this non-controlled character to reach its goal.

lemmings/echodrome/elefunk?

Only 1 day and just $17 left in my Steam Wallet from my original $52.

Damage so far
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Max Payne Bundle
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Lara Croft GOL + All DLC
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2

Getting it out early, huh? haha
Good stuff.

Monkey Ball
Lemmings
Eeets.

ASilva

Neo Member

3) Your manipulation of the environment, items, or other things apart from the character allow this non-controlled character to reach its goal

LocoRoco
From Dust
Lemmings

EDIT: Shit, beaten :p

Nert

So far I've picked up SSF4 AE (and all of its costumes), Trine 2, and The Binding of Isaac + DLC. I'm almost hoping that there's nothing else that I want now, because I might end up spending way too much otherwise : /

Alright, I caved and purchased $44.38 worth of games I probably won't play. Here is my haul:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Star Wars: KOTOR
HOARD
Sonic Generations
From Dust
Santcum
Crusader Kings II

I know I'm going to be spending more money by the end of the sale too. We have another ten days!!

edit: Grabbed the binding of isaac dlc as well. I haven't even played that game since buying in in one of the humble bundle's months ago!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
How is max payne 3? I avoided it because it looked like such a departure from the series.

Shambles

LocoRoco
From Dust
Lemmings

EDIT: Shit, beaten :p

Anyone remember that duck PSN game that came out near the launch of the console that was created to utilize the sixaxis stuff? You'd tilt your controller to slant the environment and shake it to make the ducks jump over gaps. I only played the demo but it felt like you're just chilling on the side of the stream hearing the water run and ducks quack.

Sianos

Anniversary for $2.50 is another great deal...

I'll set aside $10-15 from the $70 I have left in my budget for super inexpensive flashdeals...

Praying Arma II goes down to $15 rather than just $20 so I have a little more to work with...

FLASH DEALS D:

Levyne

Banned
If I've NEVER played a Tomb Raider game. Which of the 3 on sale should I get? I've already picked up Guardians of Light but that one's kinda its own thing

ds8k

How is max payne 3? I avoided it because it looked like such a departure from the series.

As far as how the story is told, it is a huge departure.

Gameplay, however, is very much the same. You can hide behind cover, but I personally played the game without ever doing that on Hard difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom