• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Seriously? They just gave out free DLC and offered people 33% off on one of the most popular PC games at the moment. There's a lot worse a company rep could do jesus christ.

ignore it... valve fanatics are bitter with amazon or something

Salsa

sadly im gonna have to make you wait on that :(

Helped 3 people out with Max Payne 3 and now Paypal is givin me the ol "we're blocking you for a while because of many purchases too quick" blablabla shit, so I cant buy anything. So yeah, Max Payne 3 help suspended by now, heh

Hopefully it'll be fixed in some time.. will post again when it's fixed (and i'll pm you anddo0). Sorry about that.

If everyone else from latin america with the $22.5 pricetag could help the rest of GAF that'd be great

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do they only accept current-gen games? I've never actually been to GameStop. I have some Wii crap lying around, which I'm sure they'll take -- not sure about my PS2 / XBOX1 stuff though.

No idea, sorry. GameStop doesn't exist here, and although Australia has EB Games, I've never traded anything in, haha.

kafiend

So what if he's getting paid to do it? We're benefitting by attaining cheap ArmA and free DLC and they're benefitting by getting our sales. I don't really see what the problem is....He's edited so it's less spammy.

I've said it before in other threads and I'll say it again. Tony is a genuinely nice guy. Always been polite etc.
Recently he assisted me personally with a problem I had with Amazon and the way in which it was resolved allowed me to get extra Steam keys for every game in a bundle excepting the one I actually required. I gave those Steam keys to GAF in the Steam thread. This was never Tonys intention but he did a good thing for me and I passed part of that good thing on to folks here at GAF.

iNvid02

Should I go for Max Payne 3 or wait for Witcher 2 to go down in price?

both

max payne is a great linear shooter, great story and looks superb and runs well, multiplayer is surprisingly fun

witcher 2 is the best looking game of all time imo, the story is also great and its a fine rpg

Love the thread title.

Removed the information about the game on sale. Enjoy the free codes guys :).

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THE ENTIRE POST, ONLY THE NUMBER YOU REDEEMED.

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one :).

Cheers,
Tony

I just quoted the post mindlessly, then noticed that I don't even have Saints Row 3.

stupei

I'm guessing the answer is no, but does anyone know if the DLC for Binding of Isaac fixes the weird bug where the achievements don't unlock on the Mac version? I'm sure I'll still buy it but it'd be really nice if that were to work.

If the Assassin's Creed games get a Daily Deal, which one would be the best to buy? I consistently hear that 2 is the best, but is it a decent place to start?

Assassin's Creed 2 is actually the best place to start with the series. Maybe quickly read the wiki about the first one so you're up to date on what little progress the story makes there and you're all set.

Owensboro

If the Assassin's Creed games get a Daily Deal, which one would be the best to buy? I consistently hear that 2 is the best, but is it a decent place to start?

You can start with 2 pretty easily. I did and had no problems just reading a Wiki synopsis about 1 to get up to speed. Of the entire series, I'd say AC2 and AC:Brotherhood are the "Must Plays".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

2 and BroHood are largely considered the high points, yes. I'd say you're better off actually playing the original game rather than watching the cutscenes on YouTube, but I'm one of those crazy blokes who actually holds the game in high regard. ;)

mchal

Neo Member
Love the thread title.

Removed the information about the game on sale. Enjoy the free codes guys :).

To make up for it, here are 100 keys for free Saint's Row the Third Special Ops Vehicle Pack DLCs

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THE ENTIRE POST, ONLY THE NUMBER YOU REDEEMED.

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one :).

Cheers,
Tony

Strange, all codes I've tried were invalid.. I was expecting duplicate or something"

Luigi87

Fine place start. Just dont play the first one, its a bad game.

Listen to this man.
You're better off either YouTube'ing or reading a summary of AC1.
I started with AC2, loved it, tried AC1 (in spite of reading a summary) and hated it.
This is literally the only game in a sequential story based series that I advise skipping the first game.

yaron777

Damn, tried to get an SR3 key until I got the 'invalid key' message

Anyway, here are some keys (1 per person, please):

Fortix 2
Bunch of Heroes
Hacker Evolution
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Zombie Shooter 1
inMomentum
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter 2
Hacker Evolution: Untold

Let me know if there's an invalid key.
And please also let us know when you've taken one.
Thanks

In the meantime, I'll try to find some more keys.

Strange, all codes I've tried were invalid.. I was expecting duplicate or something"

PMed you. Also, since there were enough people who expressed sadness with this post in the Steam thread, but a lot of people who seemed to enjoy getting free DLC. I'll post another 100 codes in the Amazon Summer Sale thread.

Sorry for the churn in thread guys. I was just trying to tell you guys about a cool deal and do something fun at the same time.

Cheers,
Tony

Twinduct

Man I really want to buy Anno ... but is it really worth it? I mean I usually get bored halfway with anno games, has that changed with 2070? I mean does it introduce enough change from the previous versions to be seen as worth it?

Salsa

X05 wants one SSFIV but he's at work and cant use paypal.

I can vouche for him so if whoever hosts can wait a bit then im more than sure that he'll pay. Otherwise I'll cover his pay in the meantime.

so:

SSFIV fourpack:

1 - SalsaShark
2 - X05
3 - DinnerRevealer
4 - Takuan

can any of you guys host? as I said game isnt available in my region (and X05 is also from Uruguay so..)

edit: Guess Fatal Futanari beat X05 to the punch :p that's fine tho, im sure another 4pack for him will pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom