• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shambles

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships. A dude who gets paid to advertising to them is getting them to spam his advertisements and they think he is just being "nice." He is just accidentally doing his job while trying to give out free keys. Right.

At any rate, like I said, just hope the 100 spam posts get eaten up soon so we no longer have to see that advertising message ever 3 posts.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not complaining about the free keys. There are WAY more classy ways to do that. Have people send a PM for them or even put them in a separate post from your advertisement rather than junking up the thread.

This sums it up nicely. For a thread that moves so fast we don't need another 100 shit posts flooding it. Even making a post in the steam thread linking to the post with the keys in the Amazon thread would have been less annoying. Or just remove the numbers and let people play the lottery game. People posting numbers does absolutely nothing to help people find keys. Most people won't post key numbers, and the ones that do are wasting their time since there's no decent way to track which ones have been reported as used.

Basically yeah, it's an attempt to get an amazon link quoted 100 times. We're not morons, but we do appreciate the freebies.
We still love you Tony

Damn, tried to get an SR3 key until I got the 'invalid key' message

Anyway, here are some keys (1 per person, please):

Fortix 2
Bunch of Heroes
Hacker Evolution
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Zombie Shooter 1
inMomentum
Hacker Evolution: Duality
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter 2
Hacker Evolution: Untold

Let me know if there's an invalid key.
And please also let us know when you've taken one.
Thanks

In the meantime, I'll try to find some more keys.

Got Fortix 2, thanks!

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas ultimate pack and Legend of Grimrock. Pondering picking up Dust.

Hoping to see a solid discount for Binary Domain at some point.

Dammit Steam. I can't help it.

Katoki

PMed you. Also, since there were enough people who expressed sadness with this post in the Steam thread, but a lot of people who seemed to enjoy getting free DLC. I'll post another 100 codes in the Amazon Summer Sale thread.

Sorry for the churn in thread guys. I was just trying to tell you guys about a cool deal and do something fun at the same time.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks again for the codes. We love what you do but your actions make some people skittish.

diggler41

Fortix 2
Bunch of Heroes
Hacker Evolution
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Zombie Shooter 1
inMomentum
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter 2

Thanks

Thank you very much. Picked up Zombie shooter 1.

Detox

One thing I don't get about the community vote is some of the games that don't make it are also the prices the community wants like Arkham City, Witcher 2 etc; they must have negotiated these prices beforehand so not sure why they don't put them at those prices unless the final day is going to have all the deals.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas ultimate pack and Legend of Grimrock. Pondering picking up Dust.

Hoping to see a solid discount for Binary Domain at some point.

Dammit Steam. I can't help it.

Amazon! 10 bucks man! It's Steamworks.

Also why didn't you wait for the Fallout daily? :C

One thing I don't get about the community vote is some of the games that don't make it are also the prices the community wants like Arkham City, Witcher 2 etc; they must have negotiated these prices beforehand so not sure why they don't put them at those prices unless the final day is going to have all the deals.

They'll probably cycle back around for more votes, or just throw the losing games up as daily deals.

The Steam store has been down all day for me. None of the graphics load, and only some of the html loads.

Anyone else having this problem? I've tried accessing the store on two different computers and its the same on both of them. All other internet sites work fine.

I thought they had fixed the server overload problems a year or two ago...has Steam grown that much?

okay so:

SSFIV fourpack #1:

1 - SalsaShark
2 - Fatal Futanari
3 - DinnerRevealer
4 - Takuan

SSFIV fourpack #2:

1 - DOA
2 - X05
3 - Prophet Steve
4 - ???

sound good?

we still need to know who can buy for the first group..

I see no four pack on my store page, can someone post a screenshot of it?

_PM

Fortix 2
Bunch of Heroes
Hacker Evolution
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Zombie Shooter 1
inMomentum
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter 2

Thanks

Got Hacker Evolution, thanks!

JonCha

Got Max Payne 3 and Sonic Generations in my cart (please buy Generations people!).

What else are people picking up? Only other stuff looking interesting is the Tomb Raider stuff.

Edit: are people getting Saints Row: The Third on the cheap? Missed out on the Flash Sale.

Salsa

okay so:

SSFIV fourpack #1:

1 - SalsaShark
2 - Fatal Futanari
3 - DinnerRevealer
4 - Takuan

SSFIV fourpack #2:

1 - DOA
2 - X05
3 - Prophet Steve
4 - ???

sound good?

Amazon! 10 bucks man! It's Steamworks.

Also why didn't you wait for the Fallout daily? :C
Hey, I'm new to this! $23 for the game and DLC seemed like a good deal to me so I bit. I don't need rock bottom prices, just low enough to make me go "OK, that seems about right to me".

$10 for Binary Domain? So bought.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member

Fortix 2
Bunch of Heroes
Hacker Evolution
Roboblitz
Greed Corp
Zombie Shooter 1
inMomentum
Your Doodles Are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter 2

Thanks

The three to four I tried were all invalid. :( My luck.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What I do, GAF?! Pick up Grimrock for $5.99 or hold onto hope that the iOS/iPad version comes this year?

Unless portability is really that important to you or you know you won't play it before holiday sales, get the Steam version now. It's not gonna be $6 on iOS, or I'll eat my hat.

also...

Those of you who are saying Isaac runs like shit on your machines, what OS/GPU/etc are you running? Win7 64-bit with an i7 920 and HD4850 (yup, old, I know) here.

The fact that it's an unoptimized Flash game has steered me away before, but if it's like...only people with C2Ds that are experiencing massive stuttering/flickering/slowdown, I might bite for $1.24.

...dammit GAF, quit bitching about Tony and help me out here :mad:

Got Max Payne 3 and Sonic Generations in my cart (please my Generations people!).

What else are people picking up? Only other stuff looking interesting is the Tomb Raider stuff.

Edit: are people getting Saints Row: The Third on the cheap? Missed out on the Flash Sale.

From the Amazon thread, Saint Rows the Third might be getting a 24 hours deal next week for either $12.49 or $9.99.

Is this Steam activatable?
Yes

DOA

okay so:

SSFIV fourpack #1:

1 - SalsaShark
2 - Fatal Futanari
3 - DinnerRevealer
4 - Takuan

SSFIV fourpack #2:

1 - DOA
2 - X05
3 - Prophet Steve
4 - ???

sound good?

is there someone for the second group? i am willing to fork the cash for 2 spots (this means that one will be sent through email to me)

also i want the 22.5$ for MP3, so if you can do that, it would be great :)

Blitzhex

okay so:

SSFIV fourpack #1:

1 - SalsaShark
2 - Fatal Futanari
3 - DinnerRevealer
4 - Takuan

SSFIV fourpack #2:

1 - DOA
2 - X05
3 - Prophet Steve
4 - ???

sound good?

I'd like in. I can't buy it off steam directly due to GFWL region locking.

Ok, I've just purchased Crusader Kings 2. Hopefully it was worth it. So far my total damage is:

PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle - €2.60
PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle Gift Giveaway - €2.60
PixelJunk Eden Soundtrack Bundle Gift Giveaway - €2.60
Space Chem - €2.50
Terraria - €2.50
Hard Reset - €3.75
The Binding of Isaac Complete Edition (Soundtrack, base game and DLC) - €2.23
The Binding of Isaac (base game) Gift Giveaway - €1.24
Crusader Kings 2 - €12.49

Total Damages thus far: €32.51
Total Remaining: €17.49

Hmm. NeoGAF combined with the Steam Sales is dangerous to my total funds by convincing me to get all these games I know I won't play. So, guess I'm going to have to top up another €10 before this sale ends :p.

Owensboro

What does SSF4AE have over the original SF4?

I don't play SF4 anymore... wonder if it's worth getting the new one.

supersf4_profile_dudley.jpg

That's all you need to know. It's 100000000000% more classy then SF4.

I just had a really weird experience with Dirt 3. I was trying to upload a video from the game but I couldn't because I wasn't able to login to my Youtube Account.

Then I got and e-mail from Google saying they blocked a hack attempt from the Netherlands (I'm from Chile). I'm thinking this was actually me trying to connect from Dirt 3.

I changed my password just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom