• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coen

Don't forget Smash TV, it's got some Smash TV in there too.

It's a game everyone who has a PC should own. In my top 10 of the generation and is my favorite Rogue-Like.

Ok, you just sold me on the game. Got the three Tomb Raider games, Trine 2 and Binding of Isaac so far.

Spl1nter

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships.

At any rate, like I said, just hope the 100 spam posts get eaten up soon so we no longer have to see that advertising message ever 3 posts.

This whole thread is an advertising message...

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships.

At any rate, like I said, just hope the 100 spam posts get eaten up soon so we no longer have to see that advertising message ever 3 posts.

Really? Most of those quotes don't even show the arma 2 deal. All you're doing is drawing more attention to it.

TheChits

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships. A dude who gets paid to advertising to them is getting them to spam his advertisements and they think he is just being "nice." He is just accidentally doing his job while trying to give out free keys. Right.

Why are you so upset by this?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
People are really complaining about getting something for free?

I'm absolutely baffled by comments like this, I'll edit my original post so it is impossible not to see this as a request to quote the entire post...

Cheers,
Tony
You can't please everyone no matter what you think. You did good because you had good intentions imo. Someone else might think different.

Really wanted From Dust but it seems to be a broken port are the issues that bad or is it a vocal minority?

Giant Bomb really complained about it alot. So I don't think it is just people being persnickety. I asked earlier if any of the issues were addressed. Nobody answered. I don't think they were. I'm not picking it up unless i know.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The stuff in the bundles may get their own deals right? I really want Botanicula but don't want any of the other stuff.

Yep (e.g. Hoard is a Flash Sale at this very moment despite being part of a later indie bundle).

Arksy

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships. A dude who gets paid to advertising to them is getting them to spam his advertisements and they think he is just being "nice." He is just accidentally doing his job while trying to give out free keys. Right.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not complaining about the free keys. There are WAY more classy ways to do that. Have people send a PM for them or even put them in a separate post from your advertisement rather than junking up the thread.

So what if he's getting paid to do it? We're benefitting by attaining cheap ArmA and free DLC and they're benefitting by getting our sales. I don't really see what the problem is....He's edited so it's less spammy.

Max Payne 3 at 50% off was too much to resist. I didn't get a great impression of it when it launched so hopefully it's good. I also hope that it runs well on the PC...

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I have only had my pc since march and I have 170 Steam games already? When the flying frack did that happen! Steam is like Quagmire at a bar slipping something into my drink when I am not looking.

oneils

Ok everyone, let me have it. Posting for ridicule. I bought Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Collection for 10 bucks. It was not a daily deal! I'm on holiday and have been looking for something to kill time with.

Totally forgot about this game until I saw it in the related videos section.

edit: like holy crap, are steam servers on steroids. Getting great download speeds.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Just traded in some worthless console games and picked up a $50 Steam card with my credit. Five games will get me, like, eighty things in return. Amazing.

Also is there any way to redeem one of those SRTT codes on the Steam app? I'd like one, but I'm not home, and I can't find any sort of redeem option on this thing. :(

Nabs

Steam servers are great right now (and have been for a while). Getting my max (3.3 currently) with no problem <3

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Just traded in some worthless console games and picked up a $50 Steam card with my credit. Five games will get me, like, eighty things in return. Amazing.

Also is there any way to redeem one of those SRTT codes on the Steam app? I'd like one, but I'm not home, and I can't find any sort of redeem option on this thing. :(
I wanted to redeem one too but couldn't figure it out either. So I said heck with it.

blazeuk

Damn, I had convinced myself I wasn't going to buy Anno 2070 at £15, but the Collection for £16.99 is tempting. I'm now trying to convince myself not to get it because of the Tages DRM on it. Didn't want to spend more than £10 on a single game...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nope, not yet.

Is that Gamestop promo where you get +33% trade-in Steam credit actually up and active now?

Yes, it lasts for the duration of the Summer sale itself.

HoosTrax

Is that Gamestop promo where you get +33% trade-in Steam credit actually up and active now?

oneils

Can't answer your question about the app, but 50 bucks will go a long way during a steam sale. Have fun!

amrod

getgamesgo is reputable - its owned by eurogamer

they have some good deals every now and then

i got just cause 2 there for £2.50 a while ago - INSANE VALUE especially with the MP mod

and recently driver san fran was £4.99

maybe another good deal from them on now is far cry 1+2 for £4.99 - http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/far-cry-1-2

Anno 2070 + DLC 65% off
Borderlands 50% off
DiRT 3 75% off
GRID 75% off
Men of War Sale 75% off
Operation Flashpoint Red River 75% off
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising 75% off

Was in there weekend sale Email

Small world. One of my wife's friends hangs out with the guys who made Splice. It starts out simple, then stomps on your soul like Spacechem. Manly tears all around.

HoosTrax

Yes, it lasts for the duration of the Summer sale itself.
Do they only accept current-gen games? I've never actually been to GameStop. I have some Wii crap lying around, which I'm sure they'll take -- not sure about my PS2 / XBOX1 stuff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom