• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Those of you who are saying Isaac runs like shit on your machines, what OS/GPU/etc are you running? Win7 64-bit with an i7 920 and HD4850 (yup, old, I know) here.

The fact that it's an unoptimized Flash game has steered me away before, but if it's like...only people with C2Ds that are experiencing massive stuttering/flickering/slowdown, I might bite for $1.24.

About to go to bed, so need quick oppinion. I'm a bit ambivalent on fighters in general, but I wasted a lot of time on the DOA and MK series, never SF though. SSF4:AE worth it for me?

Depends on what you spent time on. If you're looking for a story mode/single player experience like the MK series (not sure if DOA has that) or approach fighting games casually by just playing the A.I. then SSF4AE might not be for you.

If you have friends to play with or like playing online or like learning/playing fighting games to get better at them then I say get it. Despite its flaws it is (now after the patch) a great SF that has the fundamentals of a good fighting game.

Love the thread title.

About to commit a Faux Pas...sorry:

Here's 33% off Arma II Combined Ops. Our version is not Steam-able though:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UV8RRE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Don't be a jerk, quote if you take one :).

Cheers,
Tony

I didn't take one, but I lol'ed at the tactic. The 100 free codes more than makes up for the faux pas ;)

..in the Steam summer sale thread. Seems weird, doesn't it.

It doesn't seem weird, it seems blatant. But like I said, 100 free codes of DLC for games people are buying from Steam is a very generous and memorable move.

Arksy

..in the Steam summer sale thread. Seems weird, doesn't it.

Not really, people here have been asking for cheaper ArmA II: CO and they've just provided it, and to make up for it they're handing out FREE dlc. If it advances amazon's interests in the meantime so what? The consumers, us, are the ones winning, for once. :)

marrec

Banned
Think original Zelda + Roguelike + infinite replayability since every playthrough is completely different since the items you get are completely random.

Its hard to say what it plays like since there hasnt really been a roguelike like it. The OT I made for the game (its gaming community) has some quotes from Edmund himself describing the game, maybe that could help.

Don't forget Smash TV, it's got some Smash TV in there too.

It's a game everyone who has a PC should own. In my top 10 of the generation and is my favorite Rogue-Like.

I appreciate the gesture of free keys. But basically this is a clever way of spamming this thread 100 times with a quote advertising an Amazon Arma 2 sale.

Not cool.

Amazon desperate for attention?

Come to think of it, you're kinda right.

People are really complaining about getting something for free?

Guys, come on here, my point wasn't "quote this entire post so people see the Arma II post" it was "let people know that you took the number that you took so I can remove them from the list". People have been asking for a better price on Arma II, we have one and I wanted to let you know...but ours isn't the steam version and there was a lot of flame about non-steam games last time.

I'm absolutely baffled by comments like this, I'll edit my original post so it is impossible not to see this as a request to quote the entire post...

Cheers,
Tony

Exuro

Tony did a great job and was extremely helpful in that thread. with all that help and support and you guys call him desperate? Please fuck off.
He's promoting a non-steam game in the steam thread. As helpful as he is those types of promotions aren't supposed to be advertised here. He has the Amazon thread for that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess I don't really care that much if it falls on deaf ears given how this is a Steam Summer sales thread. But then again, I don't get paid to care about that.

I understand your underlying point (see my edit), I just meant that the offer won't detract from the Steam sale itself.

clav

GAF is full of cynics.

Amazon also sells Steam redeemable games + codes, so the complaining in here is laughable.

HenryHSH

Love the thread title.

To make up for it, here are 100 keys for free Saint's Row the Third Special Ops Vehicle Pack DLCs

Cheers,
Tony

Weird, any key I tried kept coming up as already taken and now the rest just say invalid key when I try them.

iNvid02

Love the thread title.

To make up for it, here are 100 keys for free Saint's Row the Third Special Ops Vehicle Pack DLCs

Cheers,
Tony

first 5 tries were redeemed already, but i took #87 - thanks

edit: i agree, you might want to tread carefully tony - your deep into steam fanboy territory

I appreciate the gesture of free keys. But basically this is a clever way of spamming this thread 100 times with a quote advertising an Amazon Arma 2 sale.

Not cool.

Its fine I doubt thats even in his mind. Tony is a classy dude. Plus even if its spam he's given us so many deals it doesn't even matter dude.

Edit: Wow GAF stop being fucking assholes to Tony. Jesus Christ.

Keikaku

Total War: Shogun 2 + Fall of the Samurai DLC
Binding of Isaac
From Dust

All for $15.95 and all Daily Deals at 75% off. That's a pretty sweet haul.

Think original Zelda + Roguelike + infinite replayability since every playthrough is completely different since the items you get are completely random.

Its hard to say what it plays like since there hasnt really been a roguelike like it. The OT I made for the game (its gaming community) has some quotes from Edmund himself describing the game, maybe that could help.

Don't forget Smash TV, it's got some Smash TV in there too.

It's a game everyone who has a PC should own. In my top 10 of the generation and is my favorite Rogue-Like.

oh man, I am going to give this a try soon. I've had it forever.

Ultimadrago

People are really complaining about getting something for free?

Guys, come on here, my point wasn't "quote this entire post so people see the Arma II post" it was "let people know that you took the number that you took so I can remove them from the list". People have been asking for a better price on Arma II, we have one and I wanted to let you know...but ours isn't the steam version and there was a lot of flame about non-steam games last time.

I'm absolutely baffled by comments like this, I'll edit my original post so it is impossible not to see this as a request to quote the entire post...

Cheers,
Tony

For every person making foolish accusations there's another 3 or more thanking you for your giveaway.
Please, don't pay the former too much mind.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
You guys think the Tomb Raider games will go down even further?
Highly doubt it. Unless there was a pack bit there isn't. So buy away!

I would buy Underworld but it came in the Square pack on Amazon but it was the only non Steam game on there. I think I will live. :)

GAF is full of cynics.

Amazon also sells Steam redeemable games + codes, so the complaining in here is laughable.

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships. A dude who gets paid to advertising to them is getting them to spam his advertisements and they think he is just being "nice." He is just accidentally doing his job while trying to give out free keys. Right.

At any rate, like I said, just hope the 100 spam posts get eaten up soon so we no longer have to see that advertising message ever 3 posts.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not complaining about the free keys. There are WAY more classy ways to do that. Have people send a PM for them or even put them in a separate post from your advertisement rather than junking up the thread.

Arksy

Just for the record Tony, I think what you've done here is excellent. I don't understand why people care so much about getting a good deal on something they want. Thanks for the cheaper ArmA II price, I have bitten. :)

He's promoting a non-steam game in the steam thread. As helpful as he is those types of promotions aren't supposed to be advertised here. He has the Amazon thread for that.

Stop being such a buzz kill, not everyone is checking both threads and everyone here just wants a good deal.

Rather it looks like people who are incredibly naive. I hope they never go car shopping. Lots of genuinely nice guys work at those dealerships.

At any rate, like I said, just hope the 100 spam posts get eaten up soon so we no longer have to see that advertising message ever 3 posts.

Dude just stop. Your wrong.

Ok thanks, its finally time to buy Legends and Underworld, for some reason these 2 never went down on sale this low. Anniversary was always the cheap one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird, any key I tried kept coming up as already taken and now the rest just say invalid key when I try them.

This happens when attempting to register too many used keys in short succession. Wait a little while before trying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom