• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I can save someone money here before it's too late.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET FROM DUST.

The game is a straight console port, locked at 30fps, and the mouse controls like you are using an analog controller. I'm dead serious, save your money for something better.

I promise you, no matter how good it looks, it's not worth it. One of the worst games, and the mechanics get old after a bit.
The 30fps does scare me off a bit, but what about if you're planning on using an xbox controller anyway? Is the framerate the only problem?

Speevy

Banned
I don't really mind console stuff.

As a matter of fact, I actively seek out PC games that work with a controller.

I know that sounds weird/backwards, but that' just me.

Anyway, if anyone else has some of those indie codes laying about, PM me.

I promise I'll pay you (and this thread) back.

Phinor

I hope I can save someone money here before it's too late.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET FROM DUST.

The game is a straight console port, locked at 30fps, and the mouse controls like you are using an analog controller. I'm dead serious, save your money for something better.

I promise you, no matter how good it looks, it's not worth it. One of the worst games, and the mechanics get old after a bit.

I have to disagree. 30fps isn't a deal killer in slow paced game like From Dust and if you can tolerate a gamepad, it's very playable with at least the X360 controller. I do agree with the mouse controls though, they were garbage. But as I said, at least gamepad works.

I also happened to like the game. One of the better games of last year imo. but it certainly isn't for everyone.

seb

Banned
So Gaf, Which of the Star Wars games are good ? I already own KOTOR. Empire at war seems interesting but a bit more expensive than the others. Does it worth it at 12€ ?

JonCha

Is Max Payne 3 30GB? Fuck man, that's going to take ages to install.

So Gaf, Which of the Star Wars games are good ? I already own KOTOR. Empire at war seems interesting but a bit more expensive than the others. Does it worth it at 12€ ?

You better have the Battlefront games.

Dizzy-4U

wWntL.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, people still getting twisty over Tony eh? Then again it seems like the same horrible people, oh well.

Anyway to those asking for Anno 2070 - it's a pretty good game. Its only problem really is its DRM (limit to 3 installs). With that said, they made it that if you contacted them they can reset that limit if you ran out.

Speevy

Banned
The main problem with From Dust is this proprietary software they make you go through.

For a $4 game, you have to create a username, password, and log in.

The game runs well enough on my Intel HD 3000 graphics card, but it took way too long to install.

Yes, it supports controllers.

hey so I already own Frozen Synapse and the Soundtrack.
If I buy the Frozen Synapse complete pack as a gift do i get to gift two copies of it, gift the soundtrack, and keep the Red DLC for myself?

No, you'll have to give away everything, you can't split bundles.

Which reminds me, if the Red DLC goes on Daily/Flash Deal I'll be all over it.

aktham

anybody wanna buy a 4 pack and gift me a copy? I'm at work right now, but I'll paypal you my share. Drop me a PM please

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't already played them, the Jedi Knights are great, specially 2 and Academy (1 and it's expansion may look and feel outdated, but they're actually really good -at least JK1, haven't played much of MotS).

aktham

Anybody wanna buy a SF4AE 4 pack and gift me a copy? I'm at work right now, but I'll paypal you my share. Drop me a PM please

Alright, I think this is the final four-pack.

SSFIV fourpack #2:

1 - DOA
2 - X05
3 - Prophet Steve
4 - Salsashark's friend

I'll PM everybody.

Ok, I'll host.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn. 28bucks.

Binding of Isaac
Street fighter
Terraria
The heist
Left4dead2

@_@

Aiight I don't got the patience for this shit right now. I wanna sleep.

I'll host the 4-pack. I have aktham in my sights right now. Need 1 more to PM me for SSFIV AE pack immediately before I buy it.

edit: all gone. welp, time to buy.

DOA

About SFIV Fourpack #2, who wants to host? I'm in the EU, so it is more expansive in euros here.

Also, I have From Dust and although it is a terrible port, I still enjoy the game mechanics. With the controller it is as good as the console version.

actually it's cheaper for about 90 cents:

http://www.steamprices.com/us

Super Street Fighter
Release: 5th July 2011
$ 39.99 $ 9.99
£ 24.99 £ 6.24 » $ 9.66 (-3.30%)
€ 29.99 € 7.49 » $ 9.13 (-8.61%)

so what do you say?

eyeless

how bad could mouse control in a god game possibly be? surely it is at least better than a gamepad? can anyone link me to an explanation of how it sucks? i think i am probably still going to buy it, i was convinced by the giant bomb quick look back when it came out.

also it's 3.75

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It was 50% off. I think it was a deal yesterday.
It's #17 on the top sellers tab.

I don't really mind console stuff.

As a matter of fact, I actively seek out PC games that work with a controller.

I know that sounds weird/backwards, but that' just me.

Anyway, if anyone else has some of those indie codes laying about, PM me.

I promise I'll pay you (and this thread) back.

It's not backwards, even though the KB/M crowd would have you think so. Controllers are very much a part of PC gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom