• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Banned
If you haven't already played them, the Jedi Knights are great, specially 2 and Academy (1 and it's expansion may look and feel outdated, but they're actually really good -at least JK1, haven't played much of MotS).

JK2 it is then. Thanks !

MDSLKTR

I hope I can save someone money here before it's too late.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GET FROM DUST.

The game is a straight console port, locked at 30fps, and the mouse controls like you are using an analog controller. I'm dead serious, save your money for something better.

I promise you, no matter how good it looks, it's not worth it. One of the worst games, and the mechanics get old after a bit.

It's 4$. There's a framerate unlocker (even tough the physics get glitchy). It's gamepad compatible. It's Eric Chahi new game. It will still look miles better than the xbox version. It's only 4$.

bought Binding of Issac and all DLC

Bought Indie Bundle 1 and Portal 2

Also grabbed the Witcher.

Maaaan this is my first steam sale and i dont even own a computerrrr

That Tribes pack is really tempting me, are the two classes included any good and is 800 gold a substantial amount?

I think the lifetime 2x XP boost is really the bigger deal, though unlocking classes and having some gold does help. The boost makes it so that to really get moderately speedy progression you have to spend some cash on the game for the boost, so the cheap $5 steam deal is perfect for that, the gold just gets you a little jump on the game.

Claytron

Neo Member
So I want the Assassins Creed pack, but with the chance that Revaltions may go on sale... Do I buy Rev and the rest individually or maybe wait for the pack?

post for new page..anyone?

Is there anyway to enter a DLC code or game code on the store.steampowered.com site instead of the actual client since I am at work?

Takuan

The game is not available in my region, will I be able to play it when gifted?

Also how much is the load per person for a four pack (including fees)?

I don't know about the region question. The load per person should be 7.50, with the sender incurring the fee. PayPal then charges additional fees for you to put that money in your bank account, but if you leave it in there for future use there isn't a charge.

DagsJT

Bought the Deluxe edition of Anno 2070 thinking it had the DLC. Idiot me paid MORE for some artwork and music that I'm not interested in and missed all of the DLC. Super annoyed at myself.

Also didn't realise it had a 3-machine DRM limit. I rebuild my PC quite a lot, hoping it doesn't pick that up as a new machine otherwise I'll have pretty much wasted £17.

sk3tch

I am afraid of SSFIV AE because $10 will turn into $17.50 due to my obsession with having all DLC of every game. :-/ So that makes it not as cheap.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
That Tribes pack is really tempting me, are the two classes included any good and is 800 gold a substantial amount?

One of the classes is the Infiltrator, which is my go-to class now. So I say yes. Just don't blow the gold right away - save it for the dailies on pricey weapons.

Levyne

Banned
I am afraid of SSFIV AE because $10 will turn into $17.50 due to my obsession with having all DLC of every game. :-/ So that makes it not as cheap.

You are me....except if the dlc has any form of the phrase "challenge map". I usually don't get those unless I really like the game.

andthebeatgoeson

Is Worms Reloaded pretty good? What do they do about voice files/voice sets? DLC or can I d/l some good ones?

Worms has a place in my heart after playing a ton in 1998. We had a few voice sets (pulp fiction, other movie quotes, etc) that just made the experience. Is that still a viable option with Worms? Do you have to DLC it to death or can I blow a few worms up and have them say, 'It's the one that says Bad Motherfucka'?

Speevy

Banned
I may have just not delved deeply enough, but it seems From Dust requires both mouse control AND a controller.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using a controller?

DirtRiver

Bought From Dust and it is working wonderfully. Uplay is non-sense but it doesn't give you much trouble.

Also, controller support is great. Just choose gamepad, click apply and get ready to start dropping lava on top of your puny villages.

Mrbob

So I want the Assassins Creed pack, but with the chance that Revaltions may go on sale... Do I buy Rev and the rest individually or maybe wait for the pack?

How soon do you want to play them?

Assassins Creed has gone on sale for 5 dollars.

AC2 has been 7.49 (might have been 5 once as well?)

Brotherhood has been 7.49

I would guess the other Creed games would go on sale as well as a daily franchise sale but we don't know for certain. If you get the bundle you can play right away, but you might end up paying more than buying them individually. It's possible the pack could be available at a higher discount, but unless we work for UBI or Valve we have no idea.

Detox

If your region doesn't have Street Fighter the gifting will work as in it will be in your library. The problem is If GFWL works in your country which is unlikely.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is Worms Reloaded pretty good? What do they do about voice files/voice sets? DLC or can I d/l some good ones?

Worms has a place in my heart after playing a ton in 1998. We had a few voice sets (pulp fiction, other movie quotes, etc) that just made the experience. Is that still a viable option with Worms? Do you have to DLC it to death or can I blow a few worms up and have them say, 'It's the one that says Bad Motherfucka'?

Worms Reloaded is the definitive Worms experience. I just got done playing a few rounds with friends. A lot of fun, and if you already love worms it is worth it without a doubt. It's the fun and hilarious game you remember, especially with friends (this game has 4-player online).

BioHazard

Bought the Deluxe edition of Anno 2070 thinking it had the DLC. Idiot me paid MORE for some artwork and music that I'm not interested in and missed all of the DLC. Super annoyed at myself.

Also didn't realise it had a 3-machine DRM limit. I rebuild my PC quite a lot, hoping it doesn't pick that up as a new machine otherwise I'll have pretty much wasted £17.

Not entirely your fault. They fucked up the pricing.

falastini

Anyway to those asking for Anno 2070 - it's a pretty good game. Its only problem really is its DRM (limit to 3 installs). With that said, they made it that if you contacted them they can reset that limit if you ran out.

Yeah... forget that. I actually dw a pirated version of 1404, even though I own the game legit, just so I wouldn't have to deal with the drm on my machine again. I can't believe they still do this shit.

Not gonna get me a third time Ubisoft.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are they still selling Fate of the World? It sucks because the "true" version requires to be bought, but us folk who bought the "beta" only gets discounted rather than free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom