• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is a wonderful port from Capcom.

Just bare in mind that it is out of date if you're into the competitve scene. We are still on version 1.6 even though the console versions were updated to version 1.7 ~5 months ago. We were told we were getting 1.7 but they accidently gave us 1.6 instead. We were than promised we were getting 1.7 ~3 months ago. We are still waiting. Same out-of-date / incompetence shit applies to Street Fighter X Tekken.

Basically, Capcom Port = Awesome. Capcom Support = Fucking Bullshit.

Oh, and if anyone needs someone to take a spot in a SFIV:AE 4-pack, PM me. You'll need to show me the ropes on how to do most of it through Paypal, though, since this would be my first time trying it...

Tucah

you speak so well
Never got around to buying the Binding of Isaac DLC so I'm so fucking there for less than a buck.

First purchase of the sale, will certainly not be the last.

UraMallas

What's the word on the games in the Indie Bundle II? I've never heard of any of them where as yesterday's Indie Bundle II had all games that I had heard of. Are there some good ones in the Indie Bundle II?

What's the word on the games in the Indie Bundle II? I've never heard of any of them where as yesterday's Indie Bundle II had all games that I had heard of. Are there some good ones in the Indie Bundle II?

Botanicula is a beautiful point-and-click adventure game. There's not as much exploration as games in the genre typically have but it does have some tough puzzles. Also has a great soundtrack.

I figured out that my steam problems are on their end. Steam does *try* to load the page, but only about 2 images load and the rest is just text. The formatting of the page also isn't loading right, so I can only seem some blue html links where some of the graphics would be. ...Overall, the site is unusable and is only loading partially for me. It won't even load in IE, chrome, or firefox. It just spends the time loading, and if I'm lucky, a fragmented version of the page shows up like under the client. Occasionally, it gives me a Steam error code -118 (network time out) cause it took to long for the page to load.

I haven't seen the site this unusable in a long, long time. I'm running DSL at 6 megs down 1.5 up, and everything else is working fine, so I'm pretty sure the problem is on their end. Luckily, I bought some stuff about 1 a.m. last night, but it sucks to be missing out on everything right now.

UraMallas

Botanicula is a beautiful point-and-click adventure game. There's not as much exploration as games in the genre typically have but it does have some tough puzzles. Also has a great soundtrack.

Thanks. Have you played Oil Rush or Universe Sandbox? Those are the other two that seemed the most interesting to me out of the lot.

Thanks. Have you played Oil Rush or Universe Sandbox? Those are the other two that seemed the most interesting to me out of the lot.

I've never played Oil Rush but I have played Universe Sandbox a little. Not enough to have a proper opinion of it. I played it just enough to get a ticket from last years Summer sale. It's more of a toy than actual game, though. There's a lot to it, as I recall, so it's something you need to sit down and learn.

daxy

Oops, I meant Clash of Heroes.

I like it a lot. The story is lacking, as the only thing it does is push you into more battles, but the gameplay is extremely fun. It's got some RPG-light elements in the sense that you can customize what units you can play and which special abilities/stat bonuses you can apply, but you can consider the majority of the game a puzzle battle of sorts, or at least that's how it feels to me. You need to strategically place units to break through the opponent's defenses to get to their base and avoid them from attacking yours and while doing so you have to almost puzzle your way into creating attack combos for more damage. Stacking the same type and color units vertically let's you attack and if you do that horizontally you create walls to defend from the enemy, if I recall correctly. It gets more complex with different unit types. It's a bit hard to describe, but there's a demo out that'll help you get an idea of how it works. Notch's current project, Scrolls, actually seems to play a lot like this game, except the tiles on the field are hexagonal.

It also has 360 controller support with on-screen buttons, I believe.

Guess I'm still waiting on Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Alan Wake, Dragon Age and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a racing game. Specifically Burnout Paradise but I'll take like a Shift 2 or whatever the good, fairly recent Need for Speed was (Hot Pursuit??? was that the good one?) was. Maybe Bioshock 2, and MAYBE Skyrim if it goes on a daily deal.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Even tho I'm restricting myself to buying games only that I'll play between now and two weeks, I'm already out 40 bucks :/

Smash88

Banned
I don't know why so many people want a garbage game like RAGE over something like Assassin's Creed Revelations. I hope I don't get screwed over like I did on Stronghold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom