• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea if Garry's mod will be discounted more than 50%? I'm not sure if that regularly goes cheaper during the sales or not.

I got it for about €1 during the Winter Sale (or the last Summer Sale, I can't quite remember). As a rule of thumb I'd pretty much hold off on Valve games as they seem to usually get a discount, either in Flash Sales (considering that Half Life was a flash sale), Daily Deals or a Community Vote.

Bentendo

So it looks like daily deal games CAN be community voted games. This is good news for all the games in the past polls that lost like Witcher 2, Batman, QUBE, Metro and so on.

BTW I'll be voting for the game I don't own: Left for Dead 2.

Hypno Funk

Do you reckon the community votes that don't win just become flash deals at some point? Meaning that the community is only voting for a longer period in which to buy the one that is in highest demand? i.e. More money for Valve!

So it looks like daily deal games CAN be community voted games. This is good news for all the games in the past polls that lost like Witcher 2, Batman, QUBE, Metro and so on.

BTW I'll be voting for the game I don't own: Left for Dead 2.

Also wasn't brink in one of the community votes and now is a flash deal? Is it the same discount?

Btw this post is NOT suggesting you buy Brink. At all.

Ys is mine.

iXd3lbevd1KAg.png

So the flash/daily deals can come up on community choice.

Ugh... why... this changes everything. There is no logic to the timing of the discounts now :|

PaulLFC

Do I buy both Ys games now (£8.78) or wait to see how much the Ys Pack that's in the registry will be?

Decisions decisions...

Aeana

Anything different between Ys Origin and Oath in Felghana?
Aside from being different games?

Ys Origin is a prequel to the whole Ys series, takes place 700 years before Ys 1. It uses the same engine as Oath in Felghana, but you can play as three different characters, each with their own story and play style.

Herla

So...should I buy Ys Origin if I still haven't bought Oath? I mean, what should I play first? I could just buy Oath and then Origin in winter, I doubt I'll be able to finish both in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom