• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorn.

If L4D2 wins the vote, would somebody here who's located outside of Germany be so nice and get it for me? German store only has the low violence version. I only have Half-Life 2 and Mount and Blade to trade but I could get a price equivalent game or paypal the money.

Everyone vote for Left 4 Dead 2. Portal 2 was already a daily deal and a steal at $4.99... I've been holding off from buying Left 4 Dead 2 but I won't be able to resist at the discounted price. I missed out on Alan Wake franchise on account of the store going down on my end mid-transaction... :/ Left 4 Dead 2 will make me feel better about the loss.

Volcynika

So...should I buy Ys Origin if I still haven't bought Oath? I mean, what should I play first? I could just buy Oath and then Origin in winter, I doubt I'll be able to finish both in the meantime.

They're both pretty short games. 6-8 hours ish normal run. Though Origin has three characters with slightly different bosses on their paths at points.

Aeana

So...should I buy Ys Origin if I still haven't bought Oath? I mean, what should I play first? I could just buy Oath and then Origin in winter, I doubt I'll be able to finish both in the meantime.
It doesn't matter which you play first. The stories in the series aren't continuous, and Ys Origin is a game that takes place 700 years before all of the others anyway.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I see the new poll as Valve asking their fans what do you guys want next? HL3, L4D3 or P3. So you know where my vote goes.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not only Flash Deals can show up on community vote(Half Life 2), community vote games (at least contestants) can show up on flash deals (Brink), and daily deals can show up community vote (Portal 2).

It actually makes sense that they all can appear everywhere, because it would be a shitload of games on sale if not.

Deliverance

Neo Member
Do I buy both Ys games now (£8.78) or wait to see how much the Ys Pack that's in the registry will be?

Decisions decisions...

There was a pack of both Ys games? I remember one of the indie bundles having one of them, but didn't know there was one featuring the two titles.

Sarquiss_

The sale has been kind to me so far:

SFIV:AE - $7.50
Alan Wake Pack - $9.90

Your losing your touch Gabe......You will not have open access to my wallet this time :D

Crayons

Banned
I'm used to sleeping for like 11 hours in the summer, so these flash sales are killing me. I've not only used my entire budget for the sale ($52), I've had to dig into money I didn't plan on using.

Roto13

Is anything not on sale? I looked up NightSky and Saira (two games I've been kind of thinking about for a while) and they were both 75% off.

This is my first Steam sale. It's... overwhelming.

1-D_FTW

That'll be the hidden objective that everyone but you will get. :p

Honestly, it's the only reason I'm not boycotting this vote on principal. I don't care if they wanna recycle things, but they just had all this shit on sale for that price yesterday. They could have at least saved it till next week.

Weird thing is: I never look at achievements in games. But fuck me, if there's a secret badge to be won this summer, I'm not risking it.

bRrfo.jpg

kaskade

I'm hoping L4D2 wins. I already have half life 2, and portal 2 was the Daily Deal the first day so I'm assuming most of the people like me who wanted it bought it already.

naku

Man, huh. I was out of home for a whole week. I came back, opened my pc, open steam, Alan Wake franchise bundle from flas sales -75%. Damn, there were like 3 minutes left.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Both YS will probably get a bigger (75%) discount on the Xmas sale, and they might even price drop. Maybe even a pack deal?

With the amount of games i'm buying and already have on backlog, i'll just wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom