• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anything not on sale? I looked up NightSky and Saira (two games I've been kind of thinking about for a while) and they were both 75% off.

This is my first Steam sale. It's... overwhelming.

Kingdoms of Amalur is the big one not on sale.

There's some other goofy stuff too. Like Bionic Commando off the top of my head.

And new stuff too for obvious reasons.

PaulLFC

Man I'd be all over 75% off L4D2 if it wasnt EXTREMELY censored in Australia.

Must be our awesome beach tax.
Could you not just get someone in a country where it's not censored to gift it to you and Paypal them? Or does that not work for censored games any more?

HoosTrax

Hmm should I pick up Ys: Oath as well, in addition to Origin. I mean, it's kind of violating Rule #1, but Oath is only $5 even at only -$66.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Brink certainly was one of the biggest disappointments in modern gaming history. Man, I was so hyped for it, then it turned out to be.. that. All those dev videos about them having understood good shooter mechanics, full of great ideas and talk talk talk. I expected nothing less than a legit Quake 3 successor. Damn.

Still sad about it.

Nabs

Hold the phone!

So if say 3 US (or anywhere thay doesn't have a backwards ratings system) based GAF members were buying it I could be the 4th and get it uncensored?

That's the way it is supposed to work. I don't know if they changed it recently.

K' Dash

bRrfo.jpg

Man I should've done that when I voted for Brink yesterday, lol

Xdrive05

I voted for L4D2, even though me and all my friends already own it. Need to keep the community going. :)

How much longer until the next daily deals roll around?

Dimorphic

That's the way it is supposed to work. I don't know if they changed it recently.

Okay then.

So if L4D2 wins who wants to;

A) Buy a four pack and gift me a copy (I'll PayPal back the dosh)
B) Buy an individual game and gift it too me (I'll PayPal back the dosh, assuming this method works)

Levyne

Banned
Seems my earlier post was lost in the madness. Is the story of the Ys games engaging or is it light on story?

I've only played Origin. It's fairly light but not absent.

how long is Ys Origin? I hope i'ts not one of those 50+ hour rpgs, can't stand those

One play through is probably like 8 hours ballpark. Then there are two more characters that you can play through with and it will probably take less time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom