• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalshade

I hate JRPGs....a lot.
But having just watched the vid on Steam, I find it actually might be tempting! But possibly stiull too expensive considering the level of hatred I have for JRPGs. Hmmm.
What have you done to me Gabe?
Also voted L4D2, just for the rest of the community, even though I will never ever play it, as Zombies make it impossible for me to play. I'm 24, and zombies freak me the heck out. My wife thinks it is hilarious, but it has ruined many a game for me :(

andthebeatgoeson

Seperate steam issue: can I restrict gifting on my account, so I, or some thief, has to log my credentials in but still maintain my saved credentials for buying stuff for me? I have steam guard activated but if someone took my computer or got it while I was logged in, they could just gift themselves a ton of games w/o needing to do anything? Or do you have to do a second step for gifting?

Speaking of Pixeljunk Eden a little earlier, i noticed i don't have that game in my Steam collection yet and it's 80% off!!

I adored PJ Monsters and liked PJ Shooter, this is totally different though right? Would you guys recommend it?

Keep in mind this is NOT about price anymore obviously ("just get it, it's dirt cheap) but more about investing precious gaming TIME into it...

i think its my favorite of the bunch

Gaspode_T

Damn Ys Origin is a flash deal..I thought there is no way that game would get lower than that...Valve is probably reading my post and is going to troll me on purpose

HoosTrax

Disappointed that Binding of Isaac hasn't cracked top 20 sales. People are missing out.
The sale chart is based on money made I think. So at $1.49, BoI would have to sell something like 5 to 30 times as many copies as a AAA game.

I think I'll wait until 1pm and the next set of dailies roll around. Then if nothing strikes my fancy, I'll get the Ys games and call it a day.

Edgeward

Speaking of Pixeljunk Eden a little earlier, i noticed i don't have that game in my Steam collection yet and it's 80% off!!

I adored PJ Monsters and liked PJ Shooter, this is totally different though right? Would you guys recommend it?

Keep in mind this is NOT about price anymore obviously ("just get it, it's dirt cheap) but more about investing precious gaming TIME into it...

Yes, it pretty different but still a great game. I would recommend it if previous PixelJunk games have treated you well. It's a great 2d webslinging game.

Sarquiss_

When was it that price?

It was a flash sale for 9.90 and even cheaper if you brought a 4-Pack. A fellow Gaffer hooked it up :(

*Puts on Conspiracy Theorist Hat* Every time I try to vote for HL2 the vote doesn't register but as soon as I selected L4D2 the vote was accepted. Maybe Gabe doesn't want the community to vote for it to show support for HL3??!!!

KingKong

I agree that the lack of any sort of meta-game has been disappointing, but we are getting twice as many deals a day than on Winter or Summer sale

LiK

I hate JRPGs....a lot.
But having just watched the vid on Steam, I find it actually might be tempting! But possibly stiull too expensive considering the level of hatred I have for JRPGs. Hmmm.
What have you done to me Gabe?
Also voted L4D2, just for the rest of the community, even though I will never ever play it, as Zombies make it impossible for me to play. I'm 24, and zombies freak me the heck out. My wife thinks it is hilarious, but it has ruined many a game for me :(

what JRPG traumatized you? lol

What are the chances ArmaII gets a daily? Really want to try DayZ mod.

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking but I'm guessing due to the current 20% discount that it's going to show up some day as a Daily Deal. The only concern is to whether they'll only give a 33% discount or if they'll stop it at 50% as they know people will buy it just for the DayZ mod. I mean, day three (well, I guess Day Three starts when the daily deals update in an hour and thirty minutes) and it's still the sixth best seller so they're not under a lot of pressure to offer an excellent (75% or more) discount (although that's not to say a 50% discount wouldn't be good).

dosh

Voted for L4D2. Haven't played it. Played first one and it was fun.

Is there still a thriving/friendly community? I won't know what I'm doing for awhile.

Players are generally really cool and much more forgiving than in most multiplayer games. And there's often that great feeling of really working together to survive. So yeah, it's still totally worth it.

Missed on the Alan Wake bundle because there seems to be an issue with Steam refusing to accept my credit card.

Now, it's doing the same thing with Max Payne.

In a way, it's good since I've been buying games left and right.

Codeblue

Well, the YS games were pretty much all I wanted out of this. I budgeted $20, so I still have a couple of bucks left for the rest of the sale.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm considering Ys Origin

Is the story good?

By good I mean merely adequate without anything too embarrasing

Yeah. Origin has more story to it than Ys: Oath in Felghana, but it's still succinct enough that it won't bother you, and the writing is actually quite good. Despite what you might think, it's not the next NIS animu shitfest.

bRrfo.jpg

lol

Well it's not voice acted so that shields it a bit.

It's got the best story in the series, but it's not a series you should play for the story. That said, it's not bad, and with repeated playthroughs it seems like it should have some depth.

Regardless, highly, highly recommended game.

My friend has a theory to explain the rather substandard feel (by Valve's standards) of this Steam Sale. He thinks that the original plan was to do a sale more in keeping with what we've come to expect (see Stumpokapow's post) during the Olympics. It was only when Valve's competitors beat them to the punch, and after the Steam community grew so impatient, that the decision was made to have the sale on the 12th.

Apdiddy

After getting Ys Origins, I'm done with the Steam sale this summer. See ya in the winter sale.

Unless the Doom and/or Quake series are for a $1.

neoism

guys you think Ys will ever go to 75% thats been my rule this sell

Which the easiest and shortiest of the two.??

So far
Budget 100$

Left 75.03$

Terraria 2.50 7 hours played... Damn this shit is fun. LOVE this game

SF4 AE 9.99 76 mintues played I remember why I never play these games... they all have shitty practice mode... and I suck. Dont like sticks..

SR3 13.49. 3 hours played.. Funny stuipd and funnish... I love Rockstars Worlds this isn't the same and it just feel werid. not likeing the contorls of cars. shotting is great.

Sanjay

I tried 3 times to vote for L4D 2 but it would not go through so I just voted for HL2. It was a sign that if HL2 wins the vote we might get a Episode 3 teaser surely.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I voted for Half Life. It didn't go through. I voted for Half Life. It didn't go through. I voted for Half Life:

pCxjR.png

Proof positive Valve rigs this stuff!!!

LiK

So far
Budget 100$

Left 75.03$

SF4 AE 9.99 76 mintues played I remember why I never play these games... they all have shitty practice mode... and I suck. Dont like sticks..

SR3 13.49. 3 hours played.. Funny stuipd and funnish... I love Rockstars Worlds this isn't the same and it just feel werid. not likeing the contorls of cars. shotting is great.

find one of the sports cars, they control awesome.

MRORANGE

My friend has a theory to explain the rather substandard feel (by Valve's standards) of this Steam Sale. He thinks that the original plan was to do a sale more in keeping with what we've come to expect (see Stumpokapow's post) during the Olympics. It was only when Valve's competitors beat them to the punch, and after the Steam community grew so impatient, that the decision was made to have the sale on the 12th.

This would be true, if the developer of Cubemen didn't leak us the release date of the sale.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

So far
Budget 100$

Left 75.03$

It's very safe to say Origin won't be any cheaper during this sale.

Oath in Felghana will likely only cheaper as part of the Indie Bundle on day 5, but that's only if you want any of the other games since the bundle will be about twice as much as the game alone.

For future sales? Yeah, they'll probably have slightly steeper discounts and maybe eventual MSRP drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom