• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
So, about 13.5 hours until the next daily deals, right?
No, one and a half hours.

I voted for Half Life. It didn't go through. I voted for Half Life. It didn't go through. I voted for Half Life:

pCxjR.png

Proof positive Valve rigs this stuff!!!
Same thing happened to me. I voted L4D2 every single time.

Diebold also does incompetence.

I would buy Ys, but 8 bucks goddamn. That's almost half of my budget for this sale gone.

Is Oath in Felghana good?

I'm playing Oath in Felghana now as it's one of the first games I bought during the sale. I really, really like it. Reminds me of Secret of Mana but with HD graphics. Make sure you use a gamepad though

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i wonder if Y's Oath will go Flash for lower....

FWIW Oath is in one of the daily indie bundles (day 5). So it's 5 games for $10.

The other games in the bundle that day are:
- Gemini Rue (recommended)
- Tiny Bang Story (recommended)
- Greed Corp (mildly recommended)
- Audiosurf (recommended)

Any chance for a flash deal to show up again? I checked my phone this morning and saw the Alan Wake: American Nightmare deal, went into the kitchen to make breakfast and forgot to go grab it. Just checked and it ended apparently. :(

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Keep in mind kids, that the reason Ys Origin is more expensive than Ys: Oath, even though it's on flash sale, is because the MSRP is $5 higher.

And really, how would you feel if you missed out on a sweeeeeet game because you were hoping to save like $2? Pretty bad. What would you use that $2 for anyway? Some shit you don't even need, because it has nothing to do with Ys. Fuck you. Whoever you are.

Levyne

Banned
Isn't it just an hour and 20 minutes? It seems to me that the daily deals are overlapping this year, so the ones from the day before don't expire immediately when the new ones go up.

Yeah. It's 13+ hours for the current deals to expire but the new ones should be up soon

Razek

Banned
You know whats crazy? That high you get when you realize how much your saving while buying. While your getting games, it's like the sale is a game in itself. It has a pleasure factor for playing (buying) and is incredibly rewarding when you look back and see how much content you have obtained for so little monetary consumption. You could probably write a psych paper on why it's addicting.

OniShiro

Banned
Any chance for a flash deal to show up again? I checked my phone this morning and saw the Alan Wake: American Nightmare deal, went into the kitchen to make breakfast and forgot to go grab it. Just checked and it ended apparently. :(
There might be recaps on the last day or could be a daily

Edgeward

Max Payne bundle is $3.74 right now.

Do the games still hold up today?

I played Max Payne 2 about a year ago and really enjoyed it. Really good action that's got a good flow to it as you slow down time and jump everywhere getting headshots. Might have a bit of save and loading in certain points but nothing too frustrating.

Adol isn't the typical sword wielding teenage JRPG hero? (I'm not being facetious, just curious, since not having played the games, he seems on the surface like he might be one of those types)

He's more Link of 16 bit kind. Doesn't say anything and lets his sword do all the talking while having girls fawn over him.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, about 13.5 hours until the next daily deals, right?

The daily deals actually run for 36 hours this time around, so that people don't end up "missing" them accidentally. The new deals are revealed every 24 hours, but the last day's will be available for another 12 after that. That's why the timer doesn't match what people are telling you :)

Aeana

Adol isn't the typical sword wielding teenage JRPG hero? (I'm not being facetious, just curious, since not having played the games, he seems on the surface like he might be one of those types)
Adol wields a sword. His age varies across the series. He starts out as a teenager and gets older.
He doesn't talk.

neoism

It's very safe to say Origin won't be any cheaper during this sale.

Oath in Felghana will likely only cheaper as part of the Indie Bundle on day 5, but that's only if you want any of the other games since the bundle will be about twice as much as the game alone.

For future sales? Yeah, they'll probably have slightly steeper discounts and maybe eventual MSRP drops.
thank you

LiK

FWIW Oath is in one of the daily indie bundles (day 5). So it's 5 games for $10.

i already own 2 games in that bundle so a no go for me.

do i end up getting giftable copies since i own 2 games in there already?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

Adol doesn't even talk. He just saves hot-ass bitches and kills shit and makes them explode into piles of blood and jewels. And he's a fucking hero.

And seriously, them bitches he save? NOM.

I would buy Ys, but 8 bucks goddamn. That's almost half of my budget for this sale gone.

Is Oath in Felghana good?

Felghana is, I think, the best in the series and a fair bit above Origin, but Origin is pretty incredible itself.

Made it through day one unscathed, but day two has hit me with Ys, Alice and Trine. And nearly Alan Wake, but I restrained myself from that.

Danielsan

Caved and bought the Binding of Isaac bundel for €2,23 this afternoon. Totally worth it. What a fantastic little game. My only gripes are that it doesn't have native 360 controller support and that the controls feel imprecise at times.

Also, just voted for L4D2.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You know whats crazy? That high you get when you realize how much your saving while buying. While your getting games, it's like the sale is a game in itself. It has a pleasure factor for playing (buying) and is incredibly rewarding when you look back and see how much content you have obtained for so little monetary consumption. You could probably write a psych paper on why it's addicting.

Yes. I like it so much that I incorporated it into my Spreadsheet!

So far I've spent 39 usd and saved 119!

moojito

Is trine 2 or the trine/trine 2 bundle likely to come down further than 50%, can anyone reasonably guess? I'm not sure if the 50% is a daily deal or just the general sale-duration rate.

Wunder

GAF please tell me Ys Origins is good - heard some good things on twitter the other day and I snap bought it when I saw it on flash deals.

sazzy

I voted for Portal 2 because its the best game of the three.

Need more suckers to create maps for me to play in too :p

KarmaCow

Is trine 2 or the trine/trine 2 bundle likely to come down further than 50%, can anyone reasonably guess? I'm not sure if the 50% is a daily deal or just the general sale-duration rate.

It was part of a community voted sale for 75% off yesterday. I missed it too so hopefully it pops up again.

Xdrive05

Hour and a half... that's more like it! Thanks.

$37.79 left. Am I going to make it 'till next week?

So far I only bit on the Binding of Isaac games and the Alan Wake bundle.

Self restraint index: Adequate

Levyne

Banned
GAF please tell me Ys Origins is good - heard some good things on twitter the other day and I snap bought it when I saw it on flash deals.

I was tepid on it. It's felt sort of arcady to me which was a little off putting. Tons of people love it, though.

It won a community vote already and I think it was down to 75% off (It was €3.74 or a similar price I believe) but as we've now discovered they may reappear again so you should still hold off in case it is back up.

This is a great bundle if you don't have any of the games. My problem is I have Gemini Rue, and, while I know Audiosurf is a good game, it's not the sort of thing I'll put any time into.

So, can you sell me on Tiny Bang Story and/or Greed Corp? Otherwise I'll just pick up Oath on the last day by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom