• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elginer

Been said a few times, only if you have other people to play with. And even then I find it really difficult (I'm seriously not that bad at games I promise) and it gets old kind of fast.

Ditto. Kind of feel it was a waste of 5 bucks for me personally.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a noobish question about all the sales.

Ys is on the current flash sale, but I don't know if that's the "best price" or if I'm supposed to wait for it to go on daily deal (if it does).

Just in case for those who are interested.

The poor guys at Groupees are releasing their Build a Bundle 2 shortly I think

Not the best time to be releasing since steam sales are on but if their prices are better then it might help them. They will also be having 25% off for the first 24 hours I think.

http://groupees.com/bab2

Dino D-Day [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Royale Xmas Bundle)

Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

(The History of) Hammerfight [Steam @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Humble Indie Bundle 3)

Iron Grip: Warlord [Steam @ $3.99 right now] - (the single DLC pack on steam is $1.49)

Alien Breed: Impact [Steam @ $3.40 right now] - (it's the first in the trilogy, all 3 on Steam is $7.81)

Dogfighter [Steam @ $3.40 right now]

Syberia II [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (Syberia I was in Groupees Be Mine 3)

Will Fight For Food [Desura @ $4.99 right now]

Dead Horde [Steam @ $2.49 right now] - (previously in Indie Face Kick 1)

Postal [Desura @ $4.99 right now] - (previously in Indie Gala Bundle 2)

A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie [Steam @ $2.99 right now]

Depth Hunter [Desura @ $12.99 right now] - (currently in Indie Face Kick 2: BitG)

Picking Up:

Syberia II
Alien Breed: Impact
Tiny Bang Story

and thinking about maybe Dino D-Day and Dead Horde, but most likely I won't

Last time they had a minimum of three games. was actually waiting on these three on steam but might as well get it here since there are bonuses as well.

I'm juist praying Rayman and Trine 2 deals reappear. I'm so sad I missed them :(

check the steam trading thread there might be some people offering them.

Not to sound like a Johnny cheap skate, but Binding of Issac, what is it like, a Legend of Zelda type game. I mean like the original zelda. That's the vibe I'm getting. It's either get that or go to MacDonalds and get a Large diet coke. Diet Coke or Binding of Issac? Which is the better dollar spent?
It doesn't play anything like a Zelda title, but the dungeon layouts are reminiscent of the original's. The combat is more like Robotron, except you're shooting tears. The hook is that it's highly randomized, so every time you go through it you're going to be experiencing different layouts, item upgrades, bossfights, and everything else. Music's good too.

So yes, buy this. If it gets its hooks into you, you'll be at this game for at least dozens of hours. And really, isn't that better than aspartame?

bigace33

Do you like strangely insane characters and environments?
Are you thirsty?

Same timezone here, Mr. Sverige.

Insane Characters and environments? lol not particularly, but if the game play is good I can overlook that. I am craving some diet coke, but I know I'll regret not getting a game for $1.24. People have claimed to get as much as 90 hours out of this thing. I guess I'll pull the trigger on Issac.

1-D_FTW

Some of this is related to the fact that Greed Corp was a winter achievement, so a lot of people booted it up, played the tutorial, and turned it off.

Definitely. I'm not saying it's not a good game, just that a lot of people have a real hard time getting into it. I bought it when it was real cheap (based on loving the trailer videos) and booted it up for the first time for the acheivehunt. Needless to say, I passed on trying for the achievement. It's a game with a distinct flavor. That can be good or bad depending on your tastes.

benjipwns

Banned
It should be noted you're in a small minority on Greed Corp. I have nothing against the game, just could never get into it. Went and checked my friends list to compare playtimes. 23 own it. High man on the list has played it 2.7 hours. Two other people have broken the 1 hour mark. The other 20 are below 1 hour. So it's the ultimate YMMV.
Looking at that one Steam tracking site, this is 99% of all games on Steam.

Plus I assume your friends are hardcore Steam folks, they know games aren't to be played.

Definitely. I'm not saying it's not a good game, just that a lot of people have a real hard time getting into it. I bought it when it was real cheap (based on loving the trailer videos) and booted it up for the first time for the acheivehunt. Needless to say, I passed on trying for the achievement. It's a game with a distinct flavor. That can be good or bad depending on your tastes.
You missed on an easy achievement!

Nabs

Not to sound like a Johnny cheap skate, but Binding of Issac, what is it like, a Legend of Zelda type game. I mean like the original zelda. That's the vibe I'm getting. It's either get that or go to MacDonalds and get a Large diet coke. Diet Coke or Binding of Issac? Which is the better dollar spent?

diet coke is disgusting

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I have a noobish question about all the sales.

Ys is on the current flash sale, but I don't know if that's the "best price" or if I'm supposed to wait for it to go on daily deal (if it does).

Flash Deal is more or less equal to daily deals. It wouldn't really make any sense for dailys to be lower than the flash deals.

KarmaCow

Insane Characters and environments? lol not particularly, but if the game play is good I can overlook that. I am craving some diet coke, but I know I'll regret not getting a game for $1.24. People have claimed to get as much as 90 hours out of this thing. I guess I'll pull the trigger on Issac.

The expansion is also more than worth it, but it does make the game more difficult. Buy it as a gift so you can redeem it after you get used to the game and unlock some items.

bonesquad

If it was a regular coke or say mountain dew, I'd say go for the soda choice. But diet coke? Yeah, go for Isaac. I don't really get the praise. The game is OK, but nothing great. Still, way better than a diet coke.

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question but I'll ask anyway, is there anyway to have Steam alert you that a game is included in one of the daily/flash/whatever deals? Either through the phone app or through the store itself (ie email?)

I'm watching a collection right now that is 40% off through the 23rd, but per the OP I'm suppose to wait for a deal (or risk being laughed at) -- I'd like to be alerted if it shows up in a more reduced offer.

Sorry if it is a well known feature and I'm clueless, this is honestly the first Steam sale I've followed.

Takuan

I would like to host a PAYDAY: The Heist group buy if anyone is interested. To make it easier to track replies, please send me a PM.

Group full, thanks guys.

Fuck me.

Since my last post of "I'm passing on games because I have no time", I've bought Binding of Isaac, Guardian of Light, Alan Wake, and now I'm about to buy Ys Origin.

I thought I had a smallish wishlist, but considering how Steam is hitting every single item on that list, I guess it wasn't small at all <_<

So far into the sale, the only damage done is Trine 2 and Ys, less than $10 total.

I haven't played Ys since the first Ys: The Vanished Omens was released on the Sega Master System 24 years ago.

Razek

Banned
I know Isaac doesn't have controller support natively, so what program do I use again?

edit: bah beaten.

So anyways this isaac discussion has been fruitful. Always thought it was some single room wave defense game. Didn't know it was a zelda loot game. Decided to bite.

bonesquad

I know Isaac doesn't have controller support natively, so what program do I use again?

BuhpX.png

Gotta love a game that is so lazy that it instead tells you to just install a third party application if you want controller support...

Wok

This is a great bundle if you don't have any of the games. My problem is I have Gemini Rue, and, while I know Audiosurf is a good game, it's not the sort of thing I'll put any time into.

So, can you sell me on Tiny Bang Story and/or Greed Corp? Otherwise I'll just pick up Oath on the last day by itself.

Relevant.

The poor guys at Groupees are releasing their Build a Bundle 2 shortly I think

They will also be having 25% off for the first 24 hours I think.

http://groupees.com/bab2
Tiny Bang Story [Steam @ $2.50 right now]

Forkball

Kinda funny how the Arma II sale is only 20%. The tides sure did turn on that game.

Pre Day Z: Hey guys, Arma II is the midweek madness.
HarrisonFord-1.gif

Post Day Z: Hey guys, Arma II is 50 cents off.
lip_licker.gif

BuhpX.png

Gotta love a game that is so lazy that it instead tells you to just install a third party application if you want controller support...

SMB was the same - tells you to use a game pad or fuck off and the keyboard controls arn't changable from the menu - I had to go into the games files to fiddle. Puts me off the guy who develops both games.

Nothing wrong with some thoughtfulness in your games (Issac is overall a lazy game imo)

Sonic is jumping out at me as a buy atm, but maybe still a bit pricey.
Also - Payday is suppose to be really good right gaf?

Getting Alice - always wanted that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom