• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well my girlfriend just bought me Just Cause 2, so looks like I have another free-roaming game to play now

Does anyone have the link to the multiplayer mod for it?

Well my girlfriend just bought me Just Cause 2, so looks like I have another free-roaming game to play now

Get the mod that lets you grapple things from really far away. Also maybe an ammo mod. Made things a lot more fun for me.

Hawk269

Originally Posted by Hawk269:
Thanks to the genoristy of Chaosblade, I am going to pay it forward.

I will be buying a 4 pack (U.S.) of Renegade Ops in the next few minutes. First 3 people to PM me...let's see..what I can ask for.

1. The name of all 4 Members of U2?
2. The Album Title of the U2 Album that has a Tree in it's name?
3. The name of the U2 album that has a german word as the first word of the album title?
4. Which Fruit (Yes, Fruit) Did U2 Emerge out of during the POP Mart Tour?

Yes it is a goofy thing to ask, but giving away free games and asking for something goofy to do to get them is all in the fun of it.

First 4 users to PM the correct answers get's a copy of Renegade Ops.

All winners have been picked. Thanks for playing everyone! Will post the winners names shortly, trying to get the winners their games right now.

Will probably do another one of these with another game...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the winners of the Renegade Ops Contest Giveaway....

Sulla1980
Kabouter
NG28

Congrats guys. Enjoy your game!

I will do another one of these when another good deal/4pack deal pops up.

For those that have the means, pay it forward! It is always good to give than to receive!

The Beta period for the mod ended as far as I know but I'm sure either the mod will be released soon or, at the very least, another Beta test will pop up after they try removing any bugs from the previous (the recent) trial.

You do still need it, even though it has the workshop now?

It has a superior interface which makes it much easier to manage your mods. Also the nexus website is a great resource for reading reviews and comments about the mods.

Some of the more advanced mods require the script extender which as far as I know workshop doesn't support.

They aren't mutually exclusive, I use both but prefer the Nexus.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

not sure when they'll bring back up the beta server.

So, L4D2 will be about $5? I'll finally pick that up

feel

Wondering this as well. My friend told me L4D2 basically has everything L4D1 has.
Yes, L4D2 includes every mission/character from the first game, there's no reason for newcomers to get L4D1, only old players might enjoy playing L4D1 over 2 for nostalgia reasons or whatever.

Apdiddy

Well, I have a PC disc copy of Star Wars: KOTOR that I followed the instructions posted earlier to install, but I can't get it to work. I also have a Xbox copy of the game, so I'm wondering if I should just stick with that (last-gen hardware I know).

The Sam & Max collection looks tempting, although part of me really wants the Walking Dead collection at the same discount. I know it's day 3 of the sale so from the vets of steam sales, is there any chance Sam & Max will be back at a deeper discount?

Well, I have a PC disc copy of Star Wars: KOTOR that I followed the instructions posted earlier to install, but I can't get it to work. I also have a Xbox copy of the game, so I'm wondering if I should just stick with that (last-gen hardware I know).

The Sam & Max collection looks tempting, although part of me really wants the Walking Dead collection at the same discount. I know it's day 3 of the sale so from the vets of steam sales, is there any chance Sam & Max will be back at a deeper discount?

Follow the wiki.

vall03

just realized that Skyrim is a daily deal. But then I remembered that I bought the game at that price from GMG six months ago.

Yes, L4D2 includes every mission/character from the first game, there's no reason for newcomers to get L4D1, only old players might enjoy playing L4D1 over 2 for nostalgia reasons or whatever.

Ok thanks. I own both on 360 so I've already played vanilla L4D and L4D2 to death.

zchen

man I am such a idiot, I voted for Plants vs. Zombies as I never played it, when it did win the vote it was kinda hard justifying why I would actually play this, anyhow after 8 hours of thinking and some figures on whenever the purchase was feasible I went to the store page and realized I already own the game >_>

I got you beat....bought Hoard, then one day later realized I already bought it in an Indie Royal bundle but never redeemed the steam code.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Went ahead and bought Binary Domain on Amazon... not technically part of the Steam sale, but fuck it.

I should really try playing one of these games... if only I wasn't mired in Radiant Historia right now :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wondering this as well. My friend told me L4D2 basically has everything L4D1 has.

Yes and no. If you're going to just play the default stuff, it might be best to just play Left 4 Dead 2. They ported all the Left 4 Dead 1 campaign maps to Left 4 Dead 2. However, some mods will only work for Left 4 Dead 2 (including some fan campaigns), and sometimes it's just nice to not have the newer special infected and have the original survivors dialogue.

Up to you, but if you're just interested in the default files and not in the mods and fan maps it might just be good to pick up the second game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom