• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...Renegade Ops was a fun 30 minutes, it has successfully satiated me until the next flash sale, t-minus 30 minutes.

This is so bad.

Only 30 minutes? I haven't finished it, but I definitely enjoyed it for a few hours (I purchased it a while ago). Unfortunately, since getting an Nvidia card it seems to crash my display drivers after 10 - 15 minutes of game time.

MRORANGE

man I am such a idiot, I voted for Plants vs. Zombies as I never played it, when it did win the vote it was kinda hard justifying why I would actually play this, anyhow after 8 hours of thinking and some figures on whenever the purchase was feasible I went to the store page and realized I already own the game >_>

Fxp

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet look amazing. Should I wait for daily deal (hoping for -75%) or buy Indie Bundle III now?

Only 30 minutes? I haven't finished it, but I definitely enjoyed it for a few hours (I purchased it a while ago). Unfortunately, since getting an Nvidia card it seems to crash my display drivers after 10 - 15 minutes of game time.

I plan on playing it for much longer than 30 minutes, really fun fleshed out game. I love the characters, the freedom on the maps that it gives you, and the actual gameplay. I was nearly instantly hooked to it, and I will definitely play more.

I was just implying that this Steam Sale's meta-game has become buy flash deal/play flash deal until the next flash deal, :)

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet look amazing. Should I wait for daily deal (hoping for -75%) or buy Indie Bundle III now?
I'm in same fence. The only reason why I haven't bought Indie Bundle III is because I don't care about the other games in the bundle.

feel

Yay, for the first time my vote was the winner in one of these polls! Of course it had to happen in a poll where I have every game.

yogloo

Alright, here's how it's going to work.

First person to post a good excuse why they missed the Ys Origin flash deal that reeeaaally wants the game, like play it ASAP want it and not backlog want it, wins the game.

Edit: previous guy deserved it more than me. I will get it on the recap.

Katoki

I bought Two Worlds 2 because I LOVED two worlds 1 but I hear it's not as funny as the first which makes me really uneasy

Shoot me a PM if you ever get past the activation part please. I think I'm going to shelf it til then and assume it's because their servers are getting pounded by the sale.

The_Monk

man I am such a idiot, I voted for Plants vs. Zombies as I never played it, when it did win the vote it was kinda hard justifying why I would actually play this, anyhow after 8 hours of thinking and some figures on whenever the purchase was feasible I went to the store page and realized I already own the game >_>

Go play your games, man!

crazy, I know!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Thus far:

Bad Company 2
DOOM 3 pack
STALKER Call
Hitman: Blood Money
Deus Ex
Payday

Total: $70

This is my first Steam sale. Any other recommendations?

Wondering this as well. My friend told me L4D2 basically has everything L4D1 has.

It does, all the maps are ported to left 4 dead 2, only if you want the maps without changes or without the new added infected (what I suppose is a matter of taste), I don't think it's worth it.

Thus far:

Bad Company 2
DOOM 3 pack
STALKER Call
Hitman: Blood Money
Deus Ex
Payday

Total: $70

This is my first Steam sale. Any other recommendations?

I would recommend to wait for the daily deals.

Lingitiz

This right here summarizes everything about Steam sales.

1-D_FTW

Guys i need halp. Im away from my pc until tomorow and hav an android phone. I intalled the steam app but the purchase pg keeps giving error saying pls enter state which i did. I want to buy renegade ops flash sale but the damn app wont let me purchase. Any tips on this bug? If anyone wants to do a trade i have nuclear dawn and frozen synapse as gifts. Not sure if my app will let it work though. Would have to wait till tomorow

Can't you just use the web browser and buy from the web page?

I can't even get the app to load. It's far from bugless on android.

Veitsev

Is Dead Island on PC worth it? I played a bit of it (10ish hours on PS3) and felt it was janky/couldn't get myself properly immersed. Anyone double dip and enjoy it the second go around?

I understand some people probably don't feel this way but save your money. It had huge problems at release. It was a terrible port job with multiplayer that was barely functioning. It was clearly not given enough time to develop. It feels unfinished and has MAJOR level scaling problems. The missions are very repetitive. The voice acting, characters, writing, etc. are laughable. If all you are looking for is some mindless fun with some friends than go for it but it has some really serious problems. L4D1+2 and Dead Rising are much better options as far as zombie games are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom