• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crub

Games bought so far:

Renegade Ops
Ys Origin
Toy Soldiers
From Dust
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Trine 2
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes
Tobe's Vertical Adventure

And I still have 50 games on my wishlist.

*gulp*

The_Monk

A hidden gem in the steam sale some people may not know about is PayDay: The Heist. Just got this yesterday for 5 bucks (still on sale) and I have been playing it alot! HIGHLIGHT OF MY STEAM PURCHASES SO FAR.

B...But...but...

I wish someone would gift me a game lol, I have no money for steam ..

tumblr_m2vc70y0Zr1r28xfl.jpg

=(

RedSwirl

Did I just miss a flash deal for Dark Messiah Might and Magic? I just got around to trying out the demo and it seems like a really good game. Kind of like "what if someone made Dark Souls on the Source engine".

If there hasn't been a flash deal, is there any chance of it going lower than 33% off? Might be just the thing to scratch the dungeon crawling itch until Prepare to Die Edition comes out.

Hawk269

Thanks to the genoristy of Chaosblade, I am going to pay it forward.

I will be buying a 4 pack (U.S.) of Renegade Ops in the next few minutes. First 3 people to PM me...let's see..what I can ask for.

1. The name of all 4 Members of U2?
2. The Album Title of the U2 Album that has a Tree in it's name?
3. The name of the U2 album that has a german word as the first word of the album title?
4. Which Fruit (Yes, Fruit) Did U2 Emerge out of during the POP Mart Tour?

Yes it is a goofy thing to ask, but giving away free games and asking for something goofy to do to get them is all in the fun of it.

First 4 users to PM the correct answers get's a copy of Renegade Ops.

All winners have been picked. Thanks for playing everyone! Will post the winners names shortly, trying to get the winners their games right now.

Will probably do another one of these with another game...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I kinda want to buy Skyrim... but I know I won't play it anytime soon.

Man, what to do. Skyrim is great, but I'm not really interested... Bah.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What's GAF's opinion of Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition (or even just vanilla Two Worlds II)?

EDIT: Ah, I see others have just asked as well.

Arsenic

I kinda want to buy Skyrim... but I know I won't play it anytime soon.

Man, what to do. Skyrim is great, but I'm not really interested... Bah.

I'm on the same boat. And by the time I get to playing it, it might drop in price. What to do, what to do............

RedSwirl

So there was a flash deal on Dark Messiah? I remember seeing it for $2.50. Now people are saying some of these deals might come back around. Should I wait?

MRORANGE

Oh, I like it. It's just I was able to get that really nice collector's edition earlier this year on the 360 for extremely cheap. ($35) I couldn't pass that up for the statue and artbook.

oh nice, I really wanted the statue as well but didn't have deep enough pockets back then

Well, I have both of those but not TW2, so I'm cool, right?

I would sincerely recommend you watch a Let's Play or two for Two Worlds II before diving in. Out of all the sort of "mid-tier" crpgs I've tried, Two Worlds II was easily the worst. The open world might be pretty but everything else is of such middling quality, that I suspect it'll be a love it or hate it kind of experience.

Koroviev

I would sincerely recommend you watch a Let's Play or two for Two Worlds II before diving in. Out of all the sort of "mid-tier" crpgs I've tried, Two Worlds II was easily the worst. The open world might be pretty but everything else is of such middling quality, that I suspect it'll be a love it or hate it kind of experience.

I don't plan on buying it, lol

dreamfall

Is Dead Island on PC worth it? I played a bit of it (10ish hours on PS3) and felt it was janky/couldn't get myself properly immersed. Anyone double dip and enjoy it the second go around?

Smellycat

Guys i need halp. Im away from my pc until tomorow and hav an android phone. I intalled the steam app but the purchase pg keeps giving error saying pls enter state which i did. I want to buy renegade ops flash sale but the damn app wont let me purchase. Any tips on this bug? If anyone wants to do a trade i have nuclear dawn and frozen synapse as gifts. Not sure if my app will let it work though. Would have to wait till tomorow

I know this sounds shady, but if you pm me your login info I will buy it for you. I will give you my steam name if you want to report just in case I do something shady haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom