• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
sGv9e.png

Haha, even I did have a strong preference for 17-year-olds, 17 is legal here.

vocab

What's wrong with the other ones?

unimaginative rehashes of the same stuff with worse weapons in some of the sequels. Overdose might be worth a try, but anything past that is stepping into Dreamkiller (even though I like the level design) territory of bad gameplay.

blazeuk

Those are just maps.

You probably want the new Civs and scenarios:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39887025&postcount=12982

Probably not, they're just handmade maps IIRC, maybe if you really want to play in real world locations but the scale is probably going to be a bit weird.

The Explorer's Map Pack has a map script that seems popular (Continents Plus), but I don't if I'd pay money for that still - there's always the Steam Workshop.

Thanks guys, went for everything but the map bundle.

After buying Tropico 4 last night, my "dont buy anything but Arma II if it's cheap" budget has been ruined. Upto around £30 so far, thankfully I dodged out of buying Anno 2070 because it was alittle too much.

Milamber

Thanks guys, went for everything but the map bundle.

After buying Tropico 4 last night, my "dont buy anything but Arma II if it's cheap" budget has been ruined. Upto around £30 so far, thankfully I dodged out of buying Anno 2070 because it was alittle too much.

If I had to choose between Tropico 4 & Anno 2070, Anno would win hands down, even with the Tages.

Arksy

Could someone review the Meridian4 pack for me? I've never heard of anything in there but some things prima facie look alright. I'm into games with engaging plots so an audit would be amazing. :)

Retne

I need Toma and the Kabouter (well, and anyone else) to tell me what they think about Civ 5. I played and enjoyed Civ Rev, but seem to recall hearing mixed reviews about the newest Civ.

So many great deals. I told myself with the last Steam sale that I had enough games to last me a lifetime. I was right...and so so wrong. :(

The mixed reviews are from people who liked Civ IV better. If you liked Civ Rev I imagine you would probably like Civ V as well but if you're worried download the demo and give it a go.

I personally love the game. I've sunk quite a bit of time into it. It's capable of eating 4 hours chunks of your life without you ever noticing. Whole games take ages to play through even on the highest speed. I think I spent 2 weeks on one game trying for a science victory.

damn i saw the flash deal as LA Noire the complete edition for $4.99, but the $4.99 is just for the regular edition. complete edition is $7.49. sorry steam, $5 was my limit for the complete edition!

Seriously. I didn't like GTA IV at all so I kind of ignored this one, but damn. I think I clocked about 10 hours on it so far and it's great.

Same here. I didn't like GTAIV much, and I found the first Saint's Row to be really dull; but SR3 is hilarious and a lot of fun. Had I known that it was this good, I would have bought it earlier.

benjipwns

Banned
Could someone review the Meridian4 pack for me? I've never heard of anything in there but some things prima facie look alright. I'm into games with engaging plots so an audit would be amazing. :)
I only know about Future Wars and Wasteland Angel.

Wasteland Angel is an arcade shooter, blasting waves of enemies, nothing really too special, has a demo IIRC.

Future Wars is a poor man's Advance Wars clone. Same unit types, even some maps are the same.

Post Mortem
Scratches
Still Life
Still Life 2
Syberia
Syberia 2

All of those are excellent adventure games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Download speeds seem to be better today: Two Worlds II is downloading at 400~500KBps and the Batman: AC DLC is chugging along at about half that.

American Nightmare took about five hours to download yesterday. Pathetic!

After finding out about Arkham City using GFWL AND SecuRom, I decided to go with Civ V: GOTY edition instead. I've always been a fan of the Civ series so I should be able to get some enjoyment out of it despite other people's complaints about V.

Bricky

If I had to choose between Tropico 4 & Anno 2070, Anno would win hands down, even with the Tages.

I love Tropico 4 and was really interested in buying Anno 2070 this sale, but 25 euros is still a bit much for a game that'll drop to 10 if I wait a bit longer (because that almost always happens to this kind of strategy-games). If it's still not that cheap in the next sale I'll totally buy it though.

Fxp

This thread is moving so fast... So, should I buy Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet now or wait for daily deal. That's the only game I need from Indie Bundle III.

jediyoshi

Woo, LA Noire won. Perfect to go along with the free la noire that came from MP3.
Outside of American Nightmare, all I've bought so far is DLC :|

blazeuk

Anno was alittle too much for my budget in the end, it was almost twice the price Tropico 4 was (possibly twice as good, but I played the demo for Tropico 4 last night and enjoyed it). I've always wanted to try out a Tropico game too.

Hopefully Anno will show up again in a sale in the future alittle cheaper.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Having a problem with Steam and Dead Island. I bought the game recently and Steam always seems to think the game is running when it isn't. I go to the task bar and the game isn't running at all. The only thing that fixes it is restarting my PC. When I go back to the game and change a few settings and quit the game reverts to to thinking it's running when I try to launch it.

Help!

LobLob

Banned
Man oh man, i could see Terraria becoming addicting. I think it is horrible though that the developer abandoned the game. Once you start to become familiar with the ins and outs it really gets fun.

Stupid uplay. Forgotten how much Ubisoft can screw up. Can login on there homepage but their launcher thing just says wrong password. Can't even give a proper error message.

Bought two games so far this sale, both ubisoft titles. Great fucking mistake

CassSept

Wait Batman AC is the fourth flash deal? Whaaaaat. Why is it region-locked, what the hell.
Edit: But if I access it directly it shows up as a flash deal. I'm so confused.

jediyoshi

Having a problem with Steam and Dead Island. I bought the game recently and Steam always seems to think the game is running when it isn't. I go to the task bar and the game isn't running at all. The only thing that fixes it is restarting my PC. When I go back to the game and change a few settings and quit the game reverts to to thinking it's running when I try to launch it.

ctrl + shift + esc. find the process. end its life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom