• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'll tell you what's shitty... The guys who decided to put the developer/publisher packs together. I own roughly half of the games in EVERY pack, so none of them are that great of a deal for me.

Hmph.

Artofwar420

Also I have Painkiller Gold edition.

What is Painkiller Black edition?

It says I own it.

I think that's where my problem stems from. They're the same thing, but somehow listed as different. Weird.

Also, for anyone curious, Black Edition is the one to get for sure. That's the one made by People Can Fly.

I H8 Memes
mDUqE.gif

This man is awesome. Thank you dude!

Same here. Just got the Arkham City DLC through this fine gentlemen. Rep++++

LobLob

Banned
Before i check out here as of right now the next set of deals occur at 10am CT in the morning. There will be 2 new flash deals and the community choice. At 12pm CT there will of course be the new daily deals plus 2 new flash sales.

Anyway, does anyone know if Quantum is any good? I watched the video and don't know what the hell is going on, besides that it's kinda like Portal, I guess.

Worth it?

I liked it. It's got a lot of the trademarks of the portal games. Like someone had a checklist of what made them "good" and then just tried to remake it, but "totally different".

It's obviously not as good, but if you're looking for something similar go for it.

Some of the puzzles are pretty good though.

Also if you thought portal needed more twitch puzzles (I know some people who did) then there are some of those there too. After playing them though I realized why portal didn't have them lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Little bit behind but what the FUCK at LA Noire winning the community vote. What a piece of shit, I wanted Amnesia.

Zebra

Well, I can finally go to sleep. Flash sales have completely changed the whole dynamic of these sales.

Release me from your grip, Gaben.

kitzkozan

Before i check out here as of right now the next set of deals occur at 10am CT in the morning. There will be 2 new flash deals and the community choice. At 12pm CT there will of course be the new daily deals plus 2 new flash sales.

Perfect time to go to sleep...

benjipwns

Banned
What is the best way to buy the Civ V DLC? Is there some complete pack, or do I have to buy like 5 small bundles?
Yeah.

The two combos:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11092/
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7913/

Then these have the other scenarios:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/99610/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/16867/

Remaining civilization:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/16868/

There's the four real world "cradle of civilization" maps too if you really want them. Bundle for those: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6820/

Koroviev

I'm surprised there are people who don't have Amnesia yet. I think I picked it up around Halloween, but then it was also in a Humble Bundle and the winter sale.

I'm tempted between either the Civ V GOTY edition or Batman Arkham City + the Harley DLC. Is the Batman: AC PC port good? I remember seeing some Physx videos that made me believe that they treated the port well, but I would just like to be sure.

If your experiences with the PC port didn't go well then I'll most likely just lean toward getting Civ V.

Enco

Heart literally skipped a beat. Steam closed itself and after I tried to relog like 3 times it kept saying "this account doesnt exist"

jesus fucking christ im gonna die one of these days
That would be fucking horrendous.

So much money and so many games. I'd have pretty much no games if my steam account got fucked. A really scary thought.

MasLegio

Banned
even though Grimrock is the only game I have out of the flash nominees I voted for it.

just because the sale reduction for the other nominees is shit (33% is nothing in a summer sale breeze)

I think that's where my problem stems from. They're the same thing, but somehow listed as different. Weird.

Also, for anyone curious, Black Edition is the one to get for sure. That's the one made by People Can Fly.

I said fuck it and bought the complete pack. At checkout it warned me I already had black edition.

Now checking my library it lists both black and gold lol. I now have 6 painkiller games when only 5 are supposed to exist on steam.

Ledsen

Painkiller black edition is a must buy for anyone who likes shooting tons of enemies with awesome weapons accompanied by a torrent of heavy guitar riffs. Also it has the pole gun which let's you nail guys to walls and skyscraper-sized bosses. BUY IT

elfinke

Hoping Tiny & Big wins but I feel doubtful about it.

Legends of Grimmrock was already on sale.

Give another game a chance, honestly....

EDIT: Voted for Tiny Big, since some have a lame hard on for some mediocre game.

Voted for Tiny & Big - I've been hanging out for it since the GB quicklook weeks ago. Even just 33% off will have me bite.

Give me a TotalBiscuit link. I can't stand Giantbomb.

I'm not sure about you Gez...

Def Jukie

If anyone missed the Left 4 Dead 2 deal I have 3 extra copies. Looking for $3.75 US each through paypal. Also open for trades. PM if interested.

Painkiller Black Edition is the first game and its expansion, Battle Out of Hell.

So what's gold? Just the first game?

Edit: Found an answer on SPUF:

Painkiller Gold Edition is the US name of Painkiller Black Edition. The versions may differ in some small files etc. but in general they have the same content (Painkiller + Painkiller Battle out of Hell). Gold Edition was put offline - I think in 2007 - and replaced by Black Edition as this version was available in more languages (if I remember correctly). If you have both versions, you can hopefully gift one.

DOA

Legend of Grimrock

i missed the daily.

this proves that they are at least rotating between dailies, flash and community sales. it means that if you missed something, you have a chance to get it again later on :)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
why must every prepaid creditcard but visa suck.

with visa you can add a billing address on their website and everything works fine; but when i noticed the witcher on flash sale the only store i could get to had american express, which apparently requires a phone call to set up a billing address.

so now i have a card i cant use online until the amex offices open and i can set up a billing address. why has only visa figured this out and implemented an online billing address form? :\

or hell, why not have a default name/billing address for all cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom