• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy crap, I can't believe Arma 2 has stuck around on the most-popular purchases constantly throughout this. So many people are gonna be pissed when that goes on sale on the last day.

Levyne

Banned
I've kept it relatively trim

Witcher 1 + 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
KoTOR

and someone gifted me Just Cause 2 :)

I will probably gift someone something before the end to reciprocate the GAF love

The only must have left is Ys Oath which I will grab the last day if it doesn't go on a daily

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
probably nothing to left to buy? :)

Haha, not quite! Still have a couple of high-priority items I need to purchase (ARMA 2: CO and the Kingdoms of Amalur DLC, the latter of which I'll have to begrudgingly purchase at full price, it seems).

Edit: Oh, and Age of Empires III Complete.

Your avatar has been bothering me. Who is that and why am I so mesmerized by her photo?

Irish actress Saoirse Ronan.

Ledsen

I've kept it relatively trim

Witcher 1 + 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
KoTOR

and someone gifted me Just Cause 2 :)

I will probably gift someone something before the end to reciprocate the GAF love

The only must have left is Ys Oath which I will grab the last day if it doesn't go on a daily

Oath already was a daily, first day i think?

Edit: or not?

sazzy

Anyway, does anyone know if Quantum is any good? I watched the video and don't know what the hell is going on, besides that it's kinda like Portal, I guess.

Worth it?

Its somewhere between Portal 1 and Portal 2, quality wise.

Its a fantastic game.

hint- TRY THE DEMO

Its brilliant

Voted for Quantum Conundrum.

And, no, Oath in Felghana has not been a Daily, Flash, or Community deal at all. Only Origin has shown up as a Flash deal.

Einbroch

Banned
Ys. Where have you been all my life? I love you. So smooth. Such perfect controls with my 360 controller. So fun. So challenging (first boss down on Nightmare!).

Love it.

Koroviev

Ys. Where have you been all my life? I love you. So smooth. Such perfect controls with my 360 controller. So fun. So challenging (first boss down on Nightmare!).

Love it.

Yeah, I'm playing Origins right now and I really like it thus far. Mildly disappointed with the combat, though. I was hoping for some rolling/parrying/riposting, but no dice :(

Missed out on the witcher 2 for -75% off?

Noooooooooo.gif :(

It was only 60%

Firebrand

Going to pick up Civ 5 DLC, is the Cradle of Civilization bundle worth adding, or everything but those?
Probably not, they're just handmade maps IIRC, maybe if you really want to play in real world locations but the scale is probably going to be a bit weird.

The Explorer's Map Pack has a map script that seems popular (Continents Plus), but I don't if I'd pay money for that still - there's always the Steam Workshop.

hlhbk

Holy crap, I can't believe Arma 2 has stuck around on the most-popular purchases constantly throughout this. So many people are gonna be pissed when that goes on sale on the last day.

Last day is always a rehash of the best selling sales of each day. No new games on the last day.

vocab

Oath is gonna be in a bundle tomorrow with Gemini Rue. If you don't own Gemini rue and oath in felgana, you are horrible.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Last day is always a rehash of the best selling sales of each day. No new games on the last day.

Don't ruin my jest. You know what I mean. =|

I'm really on the fence about Batman AC because of the DRM stuff. GFWL, securom...do you need to be always online as well? Ugh, why do they do this.

Probably not, they're just handmade maps IIRC, maybe if you really want to play in real world locations but the scale is probably going to be a bit weird.

The Explorer's Map Pack has a map script that seems popular (Continents Plus), but I don't if I'd pay money for that still - there's always the Steam Workshop.

So only 3 Civs, right? May pick those up. Dont care about scenarios or maps. Tons of free workshop stuff for that kind of thing.

Def Jukie

17 is close enough. ;)

Not gonna lie, felt a little dirty after googling her (I'm almost 29). Wasn't expecting her to be so young. Not really feeling a lot of her other pics online but there is something about that avatar of yours. I can't take my eyes off it.

Milamber

17 is close enough. ;)

sGv9e.png

Haven't played Civ V yet, should I still get the DLC's for a richer experience?

To buy LA Noire or not to buy LA Noire... I've heard so many bad things. But the setting/time period are to my liking, and story-driven games are something I enjoy. Any quick impressions?

And I'm going to download the Painkiller: Black Edition demo. I've always been curious about the series. BE is the only one worth playing?

benjipwns

Banned
So only 3 Civs, right? May pick those up. Dont care about scenarios or maps. Tons of free workshop stuff for that kind of thing.
There are six Civs (five if you already have Babylon):
Korea: http://store.steampowered.com/app/99612/ (Combo with Ancient Wonders Scenario: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11092/)
Vikings: http://store.steampowered.com/app/99611/ (Combo with Explorers Map: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7913/)
Polynesia: http://store.steampowered.com/app/99610/
Spain and Incas: http://store.steampowered.com/app/16867/

Babylon: http://store.steampowered.com/app/16868/

Firebrand

Well, no idea which civs you already own - GotY has them all except for Korea, I believe.

Note that if you plan on getting Gods & Kings (or already own it), Spain is included in it. Inca are kinda fun to play though as with their Terrace Farm tile improvement (+1 food, +1 food for each adjacent mountain tile).

KuroNeeko

I need Toma and the Kabouter (well, and anyone else) to tell me what they think about Civ 5. I played and enjoyed Civ Rev, but seem to recall hearing mixed reviews about the newest Civ.

So many great deals. I told myself with the last Steam sale that I had enough games to last me a lifetime. I was right...and so so wrong. :(

Retne

Haven't played Civ V yet, should I still get the DLC's for a richer experience?

The base game will easily last you until the winter sale. If you want more Civ V then you should pick up the extra Civilizations and hopefully Gods and Kings will be cheaper then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom