• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

Man oh man, i could see Terraria becoming addicting. I think it is horrible though that the developer abandoned the game. Once you start to become familiar with the ins and outs it really gets fun.
Abandoned!? The guy provided updates & support for more than a year with that game. In the end he felt that he has reached the full potential with what he wants on that game & left to work on other stuff.

Don't vote for Quantum Conundrum on the current poll. Not that the game's not good (it looks great), it's just already 40% off on Amazon right now (and the game is Steamworks so no problem there), so there would really be little point to it winning as it still won't beat Amazon's current deal on it even if it does:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088TTJH0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That being the case, ended up choosing Tiny & Big myself. Game looks sweet~

(._.)

Banned
I've been using the steam app to keep up with flash sales while sleeping. I usually wake up in the middle of then night just because so I'm making an effort to check my phone quickly when I do. purchased some dumb indy game yesterday b/c I was really sleepy and not thinking ~_~

alba

Little is the new Big
Don't vote for Quantum Conundrum on the current poll. Not that the game's not good (it looks great), it's just already 40% off on Amazon right now (and the game is Steamworks so no problem there), so there would really be little point to it winning as it still won't beat Amazon's current deal on it even if it does:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088TTJH0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That being the case, ended up choosing Tiny & Big myself. Game looks sweet~

Ah shoot :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jimhalpertnotreallyvjqrc.gif

Fine, "lease it". :p

VandalD

Man oh man, i could see Terraria becoming addicting. I think it is horrible though that the developer abandoned the game. Once you start to become familiar with the ins and outs it really gets fun.
The developer "abandoned" the game after making what pretty much amounts to an expansion pack to it. Terraria packs a ridiculous amount of value if you enjoy the kind of game it is. There might even be a good mod community around it by now.

Mista Koo

Is L.A. Noire still on sale?

I hate how all Rockstar games aren't available in my region, which is ironic since GTA is probably the third most played series in "my region."

wilflare

Is L.A. Noire still on sale?

I hate how all Rockstar games aren't available in my region, which is ironic since GTA is probably the third most played series in "my region."

yes sir
5.74USD for the Complete (with all DLCs) in my region
if you need help please refer to my previous posts to get me :O

M*A*S*H

Stupid uplay. Forgotten how much Ubisoft can screw up. Can login on there homepage but their launcher thing just says wrong password. Can't even give a proper error message.

Bought two games so far this sale, both ubisoft titles. Great fucking mistake

There are already several threads on their forums about this. Don't know if it's the recent update to uplay causing this or just their usual brand of fuckduggery. No indication or communication of what's wrong let alone when it will be fixed.

LobLob

Banned
The developer "abandoned" the game after making what pretty much amounts to an expansion pack to it. Terraria packs a ridiculous amount of value if you enjoy the kind of game it is. There might even be a good mod community around it by now.

This game has apparently sold well over a million copies of the game, why would the developer just leave if it sold so well? That to me is abandoning it and i certainly am not the only person who feels that way. It would be like the dev on minecraft up and leavning it be after 1 year.

Victrix

*beard*
Dear Ubisoft: Your DRM eats a dick, as do your uplay servers, your webpages, and your offline mode. I kindly suggest you also eat one to five dicks.

Come on steam where's my Street Fighter x Tekken sale!!! (I know if won't happen but I can dream) It'd be so painful if they put it up for the vote... it'd have no chance.

Also all those thinking about L.A. Noire, it's a good game if you can get over the 'it's not scalable' deal. The difference between highest and lowest settings is minimal but the game is really enjoyable if you like the time period and a more deliberate pace in your games.

It's also only $3.74 for the regular version (at least on the Aussie store) which is all you'd need if you're on the fence (come back for the DLC when you're done it'll go on sale again).

Edit: wow $3.74 for regular, $14.99 for complete, and $4.49 for the DLC... does the complete come with more than just the DLC? cause that seems like a sneaky thing to do.

This game has apparently sold well over a million copies of the game, why would the developer just leave if it sold so well? That to me is abandoning it and i certainly am not the only person who feels that way. It would be like the dev on minecraft up and leavning it be after 1 year.

Well there is a sequel of sorts in the works, Starbound. At least from one of the devs.

And Terraria got it's fair share of content, it's sooooooo worth the price.

Sarcasm

Well to be fair Terraria isn't really comparable to MC. Most of MC updates were just peoples mods being integrated into MC.

Terraria has a lot of stuff to do, kinda overwhelming.

Koroviev

Come on steam where's my Street Fighter x Tekken sale!!! (I know if won't happen but I can dream) It'd be so painful if they put it up for the vote... it'd have no chance.

Also all those thinking about L.A. Noire, it's a good game if you can get over the 'it's not scalable' deal. The difference between highest and lowest settings is minimal but the game is really enjoyable if you like the time period and a more deliberate pace in your games.

It's also only $3.74 for the regular version (at least on the Aussie store) which is all you'd need if you're on the fence (come back for the DLC when you're done it'll go on sale again).

SFxT isn't even on Steam :\

wilflare

Edit: wow $3.74 for regular, $14.99 for complete, and $4.49 for the DLC... does the complete come with more than just the DLC? cause that seems like a sneaky thing to do.

once again the complete edition with all the DLC is 5.74USD on my store
lemme know if u guys need help X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom