• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

I don't think that's a fair comparison. I mean we don't have any sort of age rating or specialized entertainment board neither do we enforce these ESRB/PEGI ones.

based on the list given.
Israel has the GTA games (if is is correct)
Saudi does not (if sa is correct)

here's one example :/

jarosh

All the Indie Bundles again:

Indie Bundle Day 1 - The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle Day 2 - Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice

Indie Bundle Day 3 - Braid, Bit Trip Bat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Indie Bundle Day 4 - Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind

Indie Bundle Day 5 - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 6 - DEFCON, Awesome (AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa for the Awesome?), SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride

Indie Bundle Day 7 - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 8 - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus

Indie Bundle Day 9 - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

Indie Bundle Day 10 - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Indie Bundle Day 11 - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform

I find them all pretty awful personally. Lots of filler and a wild potpourri of genres packed together. It's unlikely that you'll find more than 2 games in a bundle that you actually want to play. And typically they're already discounted anyway, so it's cheaper to buy them separately.

Thrakier

Legend of Grimrock as flash deal = confirmed that games can be flash deal AND daily deal.

So the old rule still kinda stays: WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS.

Katoki

-snip-

I find them all pretty awful personally. Lots of filler and a wild potpourri of genres packed together. It's unlikely that you'll find more than 2 games in a bundle that you actually want to play. And typically they're already discounted anyway, so it's cheaper to buy them separately.

Man where were you and this list 15 minutes ago? I actually had to go google it because I didn't know any immediate places to look at that moment.

Waiting for Monday. *_*

Milamber

Legend of Grimrock as flash deal = confirmed that games can be flash deal AND daily deal.

I think the new rule should be...

Wait for the Daily Deals at the last minute until Community & Flash Deals pass.

1- Is it save to erase the "redrist" and "direct X" folders from game installations?

2-Anyway to make the Steam Client text bigger?

3-Any easy way to get the upload video achievement?

Hope someone can answer in the middle of this sale madness.

kami_sama

But it's the same discount. If you buy the game in a flash deal, it won't be more discounted.

1- Is it save to erase the "redrist" and "direct X" folders from game installations?

2-Anyway to make the Steam Client text bigger?

3-Any easy way to get the upload video achievement?

Hope someone can answer in the middle of this sale madness.
1- http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/
2- There are some skins that do that, but I don't remember which ones.
3- Upload a video on youtube, it doesn't need to be huge or be related to gaming. If could be a 1 second video of nothing.

Indie Bundle Day 1 - The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor

Indie Bundle Day 2 - Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice

Indie Bundle Day 3 - Braid, Bit Trip Bat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Indie Bundle Day 4 - Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind

Indie Bundle Day 5 - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Indie Bundle Day 6 - DEFCON, Awesome (AAAaaAAaaaaAAAa for the Awesome?), SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride

Indie Bundle Day 7 - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE

Indie Bundle Day 8 - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus

Indie Bundle Day 9 - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized

Indie Bundle Day 10 - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die

Indie Bundle Day 11 - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform

I think they're terrible too. A lot of the games were in PWYW bundles and thus I can't justify spending 9.99 for the 2 games I still don't have or am even intersted in. really sad because they coud've build some crazy bundles with these games. QUBE, Botanicula, EYE, Ys are the only ones I want and they're spread all over the bundles.

But it's the same discount. If you buy the game in a flash deal, it won't be more discounted.

1- http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/
2- There are some skins that do that, but I don't remember which ones.
3- Upload a video on youtube, it doesn't need to be huge or be related to gaming. If could be a 1 second video of nothing.
1. No Steam cleaners, only manual :D
3- My account has some videos but steam doesn't recognise them.

And thanks for answering.
1 - Yes, it's safe as long as you've the necessary software already installed. You might want to use this tool: http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

2 - As far as I know, no. You might want to check out skins though: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161035
Great Lancehead gonna save some space.

Weird as f*ck theres no text size option.

You should at least let the redist install once. If you delete the files before you run the game, you will haver errors.
Of course, Steam does this automatically after installing the game. Im thinking of doing this after the game is installed. Again thanks for helping me out with my doubts kami.

Firebrand

Civ V Vanilla vs Civ V GOTY?

Is the GOTY content worth it? I always try to go cheaper if possible, but the GOTY seems like it's packed with a decent amount of things in it.
It's not essential, but well worth the 2.50 I think if you plan on playing a lot of the game. The base game has 19 civs, the expansion adds 9 + 1 that already was DLC.

2San

So with Arkham city is 66% off the best it'll have? Is the dlc worth it(does it add to the story)? I don't care about challenge maps.

Retne

So with Arkham city is 66% off the best it'll have? Is the dlc worth it(does it add to the story)? I don't care about challenge maps.

I don't know about the DLC but I think 66% off is the best you're going to get out of Batman: AC this sale. It will probably go cheaper during winter but if you want to play it now and don't mind the SecuROM/GFWL I would say go ahead and pick it up.

Plasma

Banned

It might be worth holding out for it to go to a daily deal, when Arkham City was up on the community vote it was going to be 75% off.

How's Tropico 3? I've never played any Tropico game and for 2.50 it seems like a nice game to try. Also is the expansion recommended?

It's good!

It's a 'city builder' type game, except it hides it as the city you're building is actually an island.

It's also an island set somewhere in the fictitious Caribbean, in the 1950s, and you have the USSR and the USA desperate to use you as a pawn in the Cold War, so you have to juggle what you do with how they perceive you; go too communist and you have US gunboats show up on your beaches to take you over, go too capitalist and the USSR invade.

Or go full on puppet state and get yourself annexed by one to stop the other invading.

It has funky salsa music, amusing anecdotes from the in game DJ, a bunch of singleplayer mission challenge maps (things like 'make a certain amount of money', 'get a certain number of tourists', 'become the worlds number one coffee exporter' etc) and all sorts of different ways of playing.

The expansion pack (and the sequel) is more of the same pretty much. If you like sim games, or city builders, it has its own unique charm to justify its existence, although you dont need to switch up strategies too often.

The expansion offers a ludicrously powerful money maker for your industry in weapons factories though, and if I remember rightly a pretty mental set of singleplayer challeneges where you have to do things like exorcise ghosts or protect your island from alien mind control and stuff.

It might be worth holding out for it to go to a daily deal, when Arkham City was up on the community vote it was going to be 75% off.

Arkham city was 66% off during the community vote. Valve aren't going to alter prices from flash sales and daily deals later on otherwise buyers would constantly wait to see if a game on sale would go even cheaper.

2San

I don't know about the DLC but I think 66% off is the best you're going to get out of Batman: AC this sale. It will probably go cheaper during winter but if you want to play it now and don't mind the SecuROM/GFWL I would say go ahead and pick it up.
Don't mind the SecuROM/GFWL, it's annoying, but I can live with it if I'm paying less then 10 euro on a game. It's the same that was in Batman:AA right?
Ahh, I'm not sure. Even if I don't get it now, it won't be a major loss since I have enough games to play. It's goddamn batman though. :| Ah lemme think about it, still have a few hours anyway.

edit:
66% actually

Arkham city was 66% off during the community vote. Valve aren't going to alter prices from flash sales and daily deals later on otherwise buyers would constantly wait to see if a game on sale would go even cheaper.

Ah thanks.

So is the harley dlc worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom