• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Wow that Batman Franchise bundle is badass.
I'm almost a little bummed out that all I actually need to pick up is the Harley Quinn DLC.

edit: Dammit GFWL, you gone and went confusing me. I bought some of the DLC through the gfwl marketplace and naturally when you look at the steam dlc page for it it doesn't give you the already owned warning.

Tomodachi

I don't like these secret flash sales. How many have gone unnoticed?
No one. I'm pretty sure it will pop up on the front page as soon as one of the current four goes away or when it will be 6-8 hours close to expiring. It's rather long for a flash sale, it will expire in one day and 4 hours.

benjipwns

Banned
No one. I'm pretty sure it will pop up on the front page as soon as one of the current four goes away or when it will be 6-8 hours close to expiring. It's rather long for a flash sale, it will expire in one day and 4 hours.
I still wonder if it's a mislabeled daily deal, like they entered 1 instead of 2 into the database.

aww crap i STILL haven't pulled the trigger on Dead Island...

Is it worth it even if i am just gonna be playing COOP with one other person instead of 3 or 4? 2 of my friends jumped off :(

I don't have it so if you wish to ignore my advice by all means do but how much money do you have left and are you waiting for anything in particular?

After the rather mediocre reaction it seemed to have gotten upon release (that I had seen, perhaps I'm wrong) I'd say that if you are short on funds (less than €20) and are waiting on any high cost games (ARMA 2, The Witcher 2, etc.) or multiple smaller games (Just Cause 2, Counterstrike, Hard Reset, etc.) then I would advise holding off at a 66% discount.

You could then hope that it goes 75% off in Winter if you don't need to play it urgently (if you have Left 4 Dead to keep you and your friend occupied then even better) and at that stage you may not be questioning whether or not to buy it.

Quantum Conundrum is a bit meh, most of the puzzles rely heavily on platforming and timing, more than anything else, also the the humour in this game is APPALLING.
Really? That's disappointing, especially since platforming in a first-person 3D game is a very tricky thing to pull off well. Those ideas don't typically fit well together and if it's not pulled off perfectly ala something like Mirror's Edge, I can quite easily see those sections getting frustrating very quickly. Kind of more hesitant to pick it up now. =/

Dreavus

Got a few friends to buy Assassin's Creed Revelations with me on PC during that flash deal last night - even though I own it on PS3 (that's the first time I've done something as wasteful as owning the same game on two platforms!) and multiplayer is spectacular. I don't know if I'll continue single player on console or just restart on PC now.

Anyone happen to know if the uplay reward stuff (character unlocks) carry over to different versions (PC --> PS3)?

benjipwns

Banned
I'm thinking about grabbing Civ V. Any DLC that is necessary for a better game experience or will the base game do for my first Civ game?
Just get the base game. Unless you want the extra six Civs, then get the GOTY, you'll save about three bucks over buying individually.

Wallander

Neo Member
UPlay appears be down/malfunctioning :( Just after I got ACR.

You still can play in offline mode, but you have to click Settings > [/] Offline mode...
and try logging in again.

Offtopic I know, but I thought this might help someone!

Ah well, time to try out Arkham City!

Anyone happen to know if the uplay reward stuff (character unlocks) carry over to different versions (PC --> PS3)?

AC2's didn't for me when I doubledipped, so I doubt it.

Although the UPlay points you've earnt do so if you've played a UPLay game on console and have unspent points, you can buy the PC unlock straight away.

Milamber

Got a few friends to buy Assassin's Creed Revelations with me on PC during that flash deal last night - even though I own it on PS3 (that's the first time I've done something as wasteful as owning the same game on two platforms!) and multiplayer is spectacular. I don't know if I'll continue single player on console or just restart on PC now.

If you log in to your Uplay account in AC:R you will see that you will have AC:R PC & AC:R PS3. Uplay points already unlocked on that specific version. But unspent points can be used for all titles you have.

I don't have it so if you wish to ignore my advice by all means do but how much money do you have left and are you waiting for anything in particular?

After the rather mediocre reaction it seemed to have gotten upon release (that I had seen, perhaps I'm wrong) I'd say that if you are short on funds (less than €20) and are waiting on any high cost games (ARMA 2, The Witcher 2, etc.) or multiple smaller games (Just Cause 2, Counterstrike, Hard Reset, etc.) then I would advise holding off at a 66% discount.

You could then hope that it goes 75% off in Winter if you don't need to play it urgently (if you have Left 4 Dead to keep you and your friend occupied then even better) and at that stage you may not be questioning whether or not to buy it.

not sure, i mean it IS different from L4Dead though right? They are both zombie shooters yes but i thought Dead Island was more quest based/XP etc. than L4Dead? Plus the tropical setting is appealing to me hmm

Because I'm cheap and I don't like that buying all the DLC will cost more than the actual game itself (UK prices). Seems wrong.
Game itself is: 6.79

All the DLCs combined: 7.93

That's a total of 14.72GBP. My guess is the GOTY ed. will cost around 20-25GBP when it comes out.
I bought AC during the Spring sale and just today I got all the DLCs. Incredible price.

But your money, your wallet man...

btw: if you're gonna buy retail, watch out for DAT COVER:

BACGOTYXBPS3.jpg

cheers! ;)

derFeef

not sure, i mean it IS different from L4Dead though right? They are both zombie shooters yes but i thought Dead Island was more quest based/XP etc. than L4Dead? Plus the tropical setting is appealing to me hmm

It's very different, it's open world questing in a zombie apocalypse. Very refreshing game.

LegoArmo

Game itself is: 6.79

All the DLCs combined: 7.93

That's a total of 14.72GBP. My guess is the GOTY ed. will cost around 20-25GBP when it comes out.
I bought AC during the Spring sale and just today I got all the DLCs. Incredible price.

But your money, your wallet man...

btw: if you're gonna buy retail, watch out for DAT COVER:

http://blog.gadgethelpline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/BACGOTYXBPS3.jpg

cheers! ;)

Haha, definitely won't be buying it at retail! I already own the game on 360 but I'd like having it on Steam too, if I didn't have it at all that would be a great price. I imagine the GOTY version would recieve a discount at some point too, I can wait.

Sephon

Actually, you should get Civ IV complete instead. It's much better balanced even if it's older and not as pretty.

Thank you for that post, I was tearing myself apart here after I bought the Civ IV pack and started doubting my decision.

I'm really starting to hate this sale, it's so wonderfully cheap and I'm spending money I don't have on games that I won't play just because they're so deliciously cheap... I need help ;)

I looked into and I read that it has controller support, but you'll have to mess with it to get it just right.
I looked into it as well and it sounds like it purely remaps m/kb controls. So movement is completely digital, not analog. That's a real bummer for a game like this. Am I wrong? Might just track down the Gamecube versions of the trilogy then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom