• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I'd understand Batman (Cause fuck WB) but why Painkiller?

It's banned here in Germany because of... too much violence? And if it's banned/indiziert (which means you can still buy it in a retail store if you're over 18, just not online) they have to wait a few years before it can be unbanned. So even if a much bloodier game like say Max Payne 3 (MP1 was indiziert too for a while) is released afterwards which makes Painkiller look harmless in comparison it still stays on the 'Index' until the publisher can try to remove it. River Raid was on there until 2002..

Really I could have sworn it was 75%, must have been one of the others.

Yea i got owned by this pic earlier since i confused The Witcher 2 having the 66%

Steam_Sale_2012.jpg

Tropico 4 similar to the old Pharaoh and Ceasar city building games? Is it worth it GAF?

Only played Tropico 3 but it's a great series of city building. Replace history with some nice humour and an island tropical setting. Reviews of the series is good too if you need more opinions.

Lyonaz

Fuck I missed the Ys flashsale? I was at Extrema yesterday all day and had shitty internet connection there, so I couldn't check on my phone.

Hopefully it reappears.

Guanoape

Neo Member
I actually got out of bed at 1 AM and walked to my computer to buy The Witcher 2. At this point I should just tell my family to go ahead and set up an intervention. Damn you Gabe.

I hope Tiny and Big ends up in a flash deal (I don't expect it to win).
Same here. I'm expecting Quantum Conundrum to win the poll, since the game had a fair amount of hype leading up to its release due to the developer, and most people aren't going to think to check Amazon and notice that it has the better deal on the game already, so Tiny and Big being a Daily Deal or Flash Deal would be very nice if I end up being right.

Not only did you just miss out on the witcher 2 but you've been missing out on it for months! hehe, awesome game hopefully it comes back on the final day or sooner.

Retne

Well I haven't had Hard Reset 24 hours and the game has already perma-crashed on me. Tried every fix the dev had in the steam forums and I'm down to the last one of "Delete everything. Uninstall it. Then redownload it." Let's hope this works.

A lot of us did. :(
There's still a chance that it'll be a daily/flash deal.
Is worth playing Arkham Asylum and City? I've heard from press and a friend City isn't as good.
They're both great games. Arkham Asylum is a fairly linear game. Amazing in every sense, played through it twice (PC/X360).
Arkham City is even better (IMHO). It's an open world game. Great story, amazing combat...everything. I love the game. I'm going for 100% completion.
For this price, do yourself a favor and get these games. If you love Batman comics, TAS or movies, you're gonna enjoy this (especially if you like The Animated Series).
P.S. Arkham City is the highest rated game of 2011 on Metacritic.

Milamber

Not only did you just miss out on the witcher 2 but you've been missing out on it for months! hehe, awesome game hopefully it comes back on the final day or sooner.
Yeah!? Well, I still haven't finished Witcher 1! So there!

But really, I kinda got bored after like 10 quests. The promise of tits did nothing for me.

Is worth playing Arkham Asylum and City? I've heard from press and a friend City isn't as good.

"Not as good" as Asylum is still damn great, and I dunno if I'd even agree. They're pretty different, though; Asylum has a more linear-with-gadget-backtracking Metroid thing going on, and City is set in a dense open-world environment with areas that lead to linear story missions and lots of things to discover/explore. They're different formats but they're both good.

JonCha

Cheers guys. I'm not sure I want to be getting all these open world games because I be spending too much time on a single game if I want to work through the whole backlog, so I'll probably just blaze through City and ignore the Riddler unlockables etc.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like the Ubisoft servers are down. Not being able to play the game you just bought because the DRM servers are down is the worst gaming related thing ever, even if its only one night.

I want to play AC2 i got from the sales.

froliq

Stayed up long to see that Fray sale last night. Atleast I woke up to some good deals.

Thinking about maybe getting some Civ V DLC. Just the civs worth it? and how are the maps?

Enco

Cheers guys. I'm not sure I want to be getting all these open world games because I be spending too much time on a single game if I want to work through the whole backlog, so I'll probably just blaze through City and ignore the Riddler unlockables etc.
I try to stick to open world games these days.

Obviously I play everything else too but I love buying games that last a long time since I don't usually buy much.

I liked City more than Asylum for;
a) More fan service
b) Wider variety of both enemies and environments
c) Mixing up the gameplay more (I enjoyed Asylum a lot, but let's be honest, it was very much in the mould of corridor with freeform combat -> room for silent predator rinse and repeat).

EDIT:
What are the odds of Skyrim ending up in a daily deal better than the current -50%..?

I'd say 0%

MRORANGE

Quantum Conundrum is a bit meh, most of the puzzles rely heavily on platforming and timing, more than anything else, also the the humour in this game is APPALLING.

Legends of Grimrock has already been on sale at the same price.

Vote Tiny & Big, because it's the underdog.

Should ask Salsa to put that info in the OP.

Saoirse Una Ronan
12 April 1994 (age 18)

You worry me JaseC. You started the avatars when she was underage...

you are legal when you are 16 over here ;)

LegoArmo

If I buy the Batman franchise pack, will I get giftable copies? I already have Asylum but it seems almost worth it for the City DLC and Gotham City Imposters.

aww crap i STILL haven't pulled the trigger on Dead Island...

Is it worth it even if i am just gonna be playing COOP with one other person instead of 3 or 4? 2 of my friends jumped off :(

derFeef

If I buy the Batman franchise pack, will I get giftable copies? I already have Asylum but it seems almost worth it for the City DLC and Gotham City Imposters.

Nope. It tells you this before the checkout too.

aww crap i STILL haven't pulled the trigger on Dead Island...

Is it worth it even if i am just gonna be playing COOP with one other person instead of 3 or 4? 2 of my friends jumped off :(

Definitely. I even think it's the most fun playing alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom