• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is it still worth the current price?

For 3.74USD, absolutely. Great little game that throws new challenges and elements at you as you play. I'm glad it became a flash even if it didn't win the voting.

I'm starting to see that these games are ready for a sale and the keys are ready so even if they don't win, we may see them later on in the sale anyways. I don't think devs wanted to commit to a sale only to see their game not actually go on sale so this is a win for everyone. You just have to be around while the individual sales last. By that, I mean don't leave for more than a day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone expecting a lego deal? I kind of want to play the Harry Potter games for nostalgia.

I hope so, but the Batman and Harry Potter titles are published by WB, while the rest (i.e. Star Wars and Indy) are published by LucasArts, so they won't all be heavily discounted at the same time, which is a pity. This is also likely the reason why there's no compilation of the games.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So why are we doing this whole voting thing again?

To get us tempted and making it seem more interactive while giving more sale time to particular games. Instead of having just 24 hours for each game sale, the game will most likely come up again in a flash deal or a community vote deal.

You may be able to resist a 24 hour deal but when the game pops up for a 3rd time your chances of caving in and buying is higher. It's like going to a shop 3 times and seeing the item on sale 3 times. Each time your want to purchase probably gets higher.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, the Other Side of the Coin DLC for Magicka isn't discounted. It's not as though anybody actually buys that stuff at full price. :p

dwebo

uninstalled civ5 and reinstalling bts

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it since it was just $7.50, but steam (and similar services) really needs a 1hr buyer's-remorse-give-me-a-refund button.

Tomodachi

For some reason this screenshot sold me on Q.U.B.E. even though I never even considered it before. Goddamn flash deals!
ss_6c504c3c6b67c4e223d80a6adb2222e25cdcd419.1920x1080.jpg

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Arkham City pisses me off. I'd pay 3x times that price if it didn't have that insane limitation on activations. Maybe they'll change it for the upcoming GotY edition, but I'm not holding my breath... I really want to play it though.

i dont' see anything on the steam page about this..can you clarify before I buy this?
EDIT: ah securerom..shitty guess its apass then

bonesquad

How's Legend of Grimlock?

I bought Grimrock when it was a daily, downloaded the game, and then proceeded to play for three hours. Yes. I actually played a Steam sale game. That should tell you how good it is.

It takes a bit to get used to the grid movement and combat, but the dungeon exploring is a ton of fun.

goober

The Other Side of the Coin DLC is 4.99 yet the Magicka Collection (which includes The Other Side of the Coin) is 7.49

WTF. I just want the DLC!

PaulLFC

How big are the Eternia Shard DLCs for Dungeon Defenders? They seem expensive at the normal price of £2.99 considering it's just one part out of four in total.

Would be good to get them all for £3 I guess though.

Digoman

No :) I know Twin Sector was in an early bundle, but I thought Q.U.B.E. was at one point, too. Starting to seem like I was imagining things, though

QUBE was released on Steam in January and I think on other services/sites a little earlier (December?) so it probably isn't the one you're thinking...

How's Legend of Grimlock?
For what it is, very good. The video on store page gives a good idea of the gameplay. Basically a very old school dungeon crawler, but with nice graphics. I lasted me 16+ hours and I enjoyed it a lot... but I'm really the "target audience" since I played the games of this style when they were released decades ago :)

i dont' see anything on the steam page about this..can you clarify before I buy this?

Arkham City has SecuROM. I think it's limited activations of 5 hardware, 10 per hardware. You have 4 revokes as well, I think.

From what I hear, once you use all those up you better hope your machine does not squawk because WB will not give you any revokes. You have to buy a new game.

ag-my001

I know it's a big ask, but could someone summarize some of the key differences/similarities between Skyrim and the last ES game I played... Daggerfall? Mainly looking for ability to customize, how 'open' the world is outside the main quest (guild stuff/hidden groups), and basic gameplay (combat, leveling up). I looked at the OT1/OT2 topics but didn't really see what I was looking for.

If you don't want to stuff up the thread, feel free to PM me.

neoism

fuck me my first blunder of the sale... I bought the costumes for Batman AC and I thought I beat the game but turns out you have to beat the game on normal and then use newgame + fucking stupid ... 1.67 done the drain. lol

O.DOGG

It uses 3 forms of DRM - Steam, GFWL and Securom. The Securom DRM has a 10 time activation limit and a limit of 4 different PCs on which it can be installed. The activations can be revoked (I just did as I uninstalled it).

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I can't bloody vote, tried multiple times in Steam, Opera and IE. Just refreshes and unticks my selection :|

jokkir

How's Tropico 4 comp0ared to Tropico 3? Loved #3 but stopped playing when I got addicted to Garry's Mod

Cause no one answered, I think. (I'd download the demo now but I think it'll be too late to make a good impression because of my slow internet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom