• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well good to see I'm not the only one with voting issues.

And I missed out on some Civ DLC :(

Thought it was gonna be up a bit longer. It should still be a daily though at some point, so I can grab it then.

Well good to see I'm not the only one with voting issues.

And I missed out on some Civ DLC :(

Thought it was gonna be up a bit longer. It should still be a daily though at some point, so I can grab it then.

What is weird is that we now have confirmation that Flash sales can BOTH be better and worse than Community choice sales. I wonder if the same is true for dailies.

Noaloha

Steam showed me a pop-up offering to update my videocard driver. I pressed the 'sure, whatever you say' button, let it run through its progress bars and now Terraria boots to a non-interactive white screen with audio, SF4:AS2012 won't let me increase the resolution above 720p and M:TG-PW2013 flat-out fails to load due to 'an unknown error'.

:[

I wanna play more Terraria!

Crayons

Banned
Arkham City has SecuROM. I think it's limited activations of 5 hardware, 10 per hardware. You have 4 revokes as well, I think.

From what I hear, once you use all those up you better hope your machine does not squawk because WB will not give you any revokes. You have to buy a new game.

This is why I'm not buying the game.
Does Arkham Asylum GOTY have the same DRM as well?

bigace33

Steam showed me a pop-up offering to update my videocard driver. I pressed the 'sure, whatever you say' button, let it run through its progress bars and now Terraria boots to a non-interactive white screen with audio, SF4:AS2012 won't let me increase the resolution above 720p and M:TG-PW2013 flat-out fails to load due to 'an unknown error'.

:[

I wanna play more Terraria!

Just roll the drivers back to your previous version my friend.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Arkham City has SecuROM. I think it's limited activations of 5 hardware, 10 per hardware. You have 4 revokes as well, I think.

From what I hear, once you use all those up you better hope your machine does not squawk because WB will not give you any revokes. You have to buy a new game.
\

ya thats horse shit I won't buy games like that. I have 4 pc's I use for gaming now(2 home,laptop,work) and I usually reinstall OS/cycle out old hardware at some point every couple years.
Steam already is the DRM ..I'll look at these in the future when they patch out Securerom

Hanzou

fuck me my first blunder of the sale... I bought the costumes for Batman AC and I thought I beat the game but turns out you have to beat the game on normal and then use newgame + fucking stupid ... 1.67 done the drain. lol

Serves you right for buying costume dlc

Firebrand

This is why I'm not buying the game.
Does Arkham Asylum GOTY have the same DRM as well?
No official info that I've seen, but what from what I understand AA non-GOTY automatically gives you back activations after a while, while on the GOTY version that's on Steam you need to make sure you revoke manually. I don't think there's a revoke limitation on this one, but, it's hard to say for sure.

\
Steam already is the DRM ..I'll look at these in the future when they patch out Securerom
It's even dumber when you consider you already have to bind your CD-key to your GFWL account to play.

mrgone

Hmm, Q.U.B.E.'s supposed to be part of the Day 7 Indie Bundle along with Dungeons of Dredmor, Avadon, Vessel, and Zombie Driver.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has anyone managed to vote on this? I mean, I know it's obviously broken because of all the people complaining, but has anyone actually managed to get a vote through?

Chinner

Banned
Has anyone managed to vote on this? I mean, I know it's obviously broken because of all the people complaining, but has anyone actually managed to get a vote through?

this happened to me last night. i voted for 6 times and nothing was happening, so i just left it and half an hour later on it had registered. alternatively, it's a conspiracy.

StuBurns

Banned
Does Vampire Bloodlines ever gone on sale. I mean come on already, give it a chance in a flash sale or something lol
Last year even though it didn't get a daily during the sale, and everyone was saying to buy it anyway, it was a normal daily a couple of days later if I remember correctly.

AlStrong

fuck me my first blunder of the sale... I bought the costumes for Batman AC and I thought I beat the game but turns out you have to beat the game on normal and then use newgame + fucking stupid ... 1.67 done the drain. lol

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1175284/batman_arkham_city_cheat_code_for_any_skin_revealed.html

Haven't tried it yet on PC, but:
Simply press the following combination on the Main Menu screen (after you have selected your save slot):

- Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down.

You will get an audio confirmation and when you continue your game, you will get the option to select your favorite skin.

kn1ves24

If I buy the base Arkham City for 10.19 does it come with Catwoman? And are the Robin, Nightwing and Harley Quinn DLC worth the money?

LQX

What has better PC online right now (community wise), Waw or MW2?

Also, does New Vegas run on Windows 7?

Very, very long wait times to find games in MW2. My favorite COD but uninstalled it because it takes so long to find servers.

WaW is almost better but I'm plagued with the black screen of wait where the game sits there with a black screen for 2-5 minutes before starting.

CeePhour

Banned
Voting on the Android app isn't working either (previous votes worked) . A bit of a relief, as I'm away from my/any PCs for the next 15 or so hours and feared the app let me down.

The only thing the app seems to fail at is inventory management (I don't see it anywhere) and it isn't displaying the daily indie packs on the headliner, you have to search for them.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If I buy the base Arkham City for 10.19 does it come with Catwoman? And are the Robin, Nightwing and Harley Quinn DLC worth the money?

The Catwoman DLC is included with all new copies of the PC version, presumably as penance for it being a sub-par port and several weeks late.

Edit: The Harley Quinn DLC is the only DLC that's story-related, IIRC. The rest is just fluff.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm seriously thinking about contacting Steam tech support/ IT guys. This is unacceptable.
I'm seriously thinking about quitting Steam forever, they can just keep my games if they aren't going to give me the only essential human right.

At least Impulse doesn't openly commit fraud like Steam did with the LA Noire sale.

I would say that the DLC is worth the money, only because I got addicted to the challenge mode. It's really fun, if it's not your thing though than it wouldn't be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom