• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's even dumber when you consider you already have to bind your CD-key to your GFWL account to play.
GFWL is not an effective copy protection. There was a time when you could use a key from any game to access multiplayer for GFWL games. As long as the key was fresh. Not sure if you still can.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I predict at least one id game going on sale in an hour. Maybe Doom 3. That's what I want.

Hell, I'd be happy with Fallout New Vegas. I need some RPGs for 75% off!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Qube is really great. It's a little short (or, at least you want more by the end), but at 3.75 it's a bargain.

Need f1 2011 and dirt 3 to hit 75% or more off, I own them already on pc but my dvd drive for the 2nd time has snuffed it so I might as well pay a few quid and buy them again digitally.

I also own dirt 3 on xbox, triple dip time!

Legend of Grimrock seriously won the last vote? It was already on a daily. Oh well... I didn't buy it the first time - maybe this is a sign.

Errr... I bought BioShock and the game won't even load, it just crashes upon launch.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bioshock.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 474f5a3a
Fault Module Name: OLEAUT32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17676
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e58702a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004971
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt
the first BioShock is one of the only games to give me any trouble. The others that stick out in my mind are Fallout 3 and NV, although the difference being that fallout would crash to desktop all of the time where BioShock was fine once I got it started. It would crash on startup most times I tried to run it, but it would eventually boot.

Levyne

Banned
Anyone else having trouble logging into the website?

Edit: Finally got it, eventually sent me a second email code that worked

eXistor

Is 2 Worlds 2 any good? I thought the first was kinda bad from what little I played.

First one was horrible, 2 is definitely worth whatever they're asking for it (can't be more than $10,- by this point). The story isn't great, the quests aren't great, but it looks pretty good and it's just fun to play. Don't go in expecting too much and you'll have fun.

Dilly

Banned
Wanted to buy Civ 5 but bought everything from 3 to 5 by accident.

I feel sad, but I shouldn't because it's just €10 extra. It's so confusing.

Milamber

I missed a Civ deal? Fuck.

iPUxSe1qyygBw.gif

CeePhour

Banned
Try uninstalling OpenAL. This will cause Jamestown to not work, but Bioshock will. Worked for me.

Sorry to quote the whole error, mobile browser is being stupid.

Errr... I bought BioShock and the game won't even load, it just crashes upon launch.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bioshock.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 474f5a3a
Fault Module Name: OLEAUT32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17676
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e58702a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00004971
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

Noaloha

Just roll the drivers back to your previous version my friend.

No joy. Whatever occurred during those progress bars penetrated things on a deeper level. *waah* ;_;

Oh well. I'll try reinstalling and if that doesn't work I'll just keep them on the backburner for a month until I build the new PC. I have at least half a dozen other games irresponsibly purchased over the past couple of days to install and play.

PC gaming: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom