• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

What is weird is that we now have confirmation that Flash sales can BOTH be better and worse than Community choice sales. I wonder if the same is true for dailies.

Which flash sales have been worse or better than the voted ones. I thought so far they have all been the same.

If I buy the base Arkham City for 10.19 does it come with Catwoman? And are the Robin, Nightwing and Harley Quinn DLC worth the money?

Should have Catwoman, yes.

Robin and Nightwing are just alternate characters for Challenge Maps. If you really like the challenge maps than you'll like them, completely different set of attacks and gadgets, but they're far from significant. The Harley Quinn DLC is a two hour or so story mission that takes place after the main story and switches control between Batman and Robin. It's not anything amazing, but it's more story content. I enjoyed it.

Owensboro

So I was thinking of getting Painkiller: Black (as I've heard that's the only good one), but isn't there a studio out there actually remaking Painkiller right now on UE3? Or am I taking crazy pills? I could have sworn I saw something about that at E3.... was it on Giantbomb?

SparkTR

So I was thinking of getting Painkiller: Black (as I've heard that's the only good one), but isn't there a studio out there actually remaking Painkiller right now on UE3? Or am I taking crazy pills? I could have sworn I saw something about that at E3.... was it on Giantbomb?

It's more like a re-imagining, and it probably won't be good.

legacyzero

Banned
My prediction for the next dailies:

Portal 2
Half Life 2
Dead Island
LA Noire
Batman
Bioshock
Borderlands
Damn that would suck. If you dont own HL2 and Borderlands by now with as many times as they have been on sale, you're either new, or doing it wrong :lol

Owensboro

Good lord, I can't believe I didn't even think of searching GAF. Yeah, that's it. It's going to be a remake with them rebalancing weapons, boss encounters, and adding some stuff all on the UE3 engine.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to hold off until that happens. Now my memories of that game being awesome can stay that way since I won't be going back and playing it again :)

It's more like a re-imagining, and it probably won't be good.

That just means it will go on Winter/Summer sale faster right! Muahahahaha.

kitzkozan

Damn that would suck. If you dont own HL2 and Borderlands by now with as many times as they have been on sale, you're either new, or doing it wrong :lol

I own it on the Xbox 360 (orange box), but would prefer the superior PC version or a cheap price along with the original HL. :p

mrgone

Good lord, I can't believe I didn't even think of searching GAF. Yeah, that's it. It's going to be a remake with them rebalancing weapons, boss encounters, and adding some stuff all on the UE3 engine.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to hold off until that happens. Now my memories of that game being awesome can stay that way since I won't be going back and playing it again :)

You have just under half an hour to realize the error of your ways :)

I've come to the conclusion the community is really stupid. I've lost every single vote but the first one.

Wait, you didn't vote for The Witcher 2? I'm calling shenanigans on this whole righteous indignation thing! (SR3 was a totally acceptable vote :) )

AEREC

How's Magicka? I've heard interesting things but that it had some performance issues. Is it like Diablo or what?

Frame rate can be janky as hell but other than that it's pretty good and is nothing like diablo. Also some people liked the humor in it but it felt pretty flat and forced to me.

imail

Anyone can gift me Batman AC?
The 10$ one, not the whole franchise.

I'll pay by paypal right away.

Please PM me if you can only 20 minutes left.

Thanks......

hamchan

Man, I wish blizz games had sales too :( It would be awesome to snag StarCraft II for 8 or 9 bucks

They do have sales. It's just that Blizzard games always sell a shitload at launch, and then over a long period of time for many many years. Why would they discount a game by a crazy amount to make it $10 when they're selling so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom