• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prelithe

Guys, calm down. If you notice, if you actually try voting with another game, eventually you'll see what you actually voted for. For example, I voted for Terraria, didn't seem to go through, voted for Bastion, then Terraria shows up as my choice. If you keep refreshing and vote for something else, your real vote will always show up (even if it doesn't stay).

Proc

To batman or not to batman for the dlc I never played on the consoles...that is the question...

I'm going to side with no since I'm sure I can find a better way to spend $25 this sale.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, this is kind of an odd request, but I have a question for people who:

1.) Loved Morrowind
2.) Thought Oblivion was awful
3.) Thought Fallout 3 was kind of mediocre
4.) Loved Fallout: New Vegas

How's Skyrim?

All right, this is kind of an odd request, but I have a question for people who:

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

I never played New Vegas, but I fit the other questions.

Skyrim was ok for the visuals, but I quickly got bored of the main quest and after about 50 mods later, and doing random things for like 20 hours total, I never want to play it again. Bores me big time.

HoosTrax

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?
Way better than Oblivion, not as "wonderous" (as in a unique, innovative, creative setting) as Morrowind. You character is a lot more interesting than "anonymous guy that just happened to be there while Martin Septim was really the main character of the story".

Salsa

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

this is me and I loved it

sadly tho I burned like 80 hours on it in literally the first 3 days after it came out, so I had to take a break and when I was gonna go back I ended up playing other stuff, hah.

I have a ton of the main quest stuff to do yet

Eternia

How's Magicka? I've heard interesting things but that it had some performance issues. Is it like Diablo or what?
Limited "loot" if you even call it that, no leveling, linear, more emphasis on the unique spell casting system, friendly-fire enabled co-op, and humour.

I have to say the game is still as unstable as ever. Sometimes it'll work fine for a while but then it can crash constantly some other time. They did add better story checkpoints so that sort of helps. Not the most optimized game either. If you willing to stomach those issues and have some friends to play with, it can be very enjoyable.

marrec

Banned

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?
You will put 50 hours into it before you realize its a slightly improved Oblivion.

I felt tricked after I beat the main quest.

Dynoro

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

I almost match that (except I thought FNV was very poor - just couldn't get into it). I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim but was kind of spent in the environment after about 35 hours. The main storyline isn't very good though and is very short if you concentrate on it. Out of the 5 games I would put it second after Morrowind - but quite a distant second.

Its well worth the current sale price in my opinion

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

I felt the exact same way about all four of those games and, honestly, I don't know if I'd recommend it. Exploring is fantastic at first, but once that wears off and you start banging out actual quests it's urghhhhh. There are a couple I liked, to be fair, but they're mostly uninteresting with really poor writing. Main quest chain is especially bad at points.

Better than Oblivion, at least.

mrgone

I voted DD multiple times which wouldn't stick, then I refreshed it said I voted for Bastion. Huff.

Same thing here, but I think it's also literally impossible that Dungeon Defenders won't be a daily at some point during the sale.

Veitsev

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

Skyrim is much much better than Oblivion.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I almost match that (except I thought FNV was very poor - just couldn't get into it). I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim but was kind of spent in the environment after about 35 hours. The main storyline isn't very good though and is very short if you concentrate on it. Out of the 5 games I would put it second after Morrowind - but quite a distant second.

Its well worth the current sale price in my opinion

I never played New Vegas, but I fit the other questions.

Skyrim was ok for the visuals, but I quickly got bored of the main quest and after about 50 mods later, and doing random things for like 20 hours total, I never want to play it again. Bores me big time.

Way better than Oblivion, not as "wonderous" (as in a unique, innovative, creative setting) as Morrowind. You character is a lot more interesting than "anonymous guy that just happened to be there while Martin Septim was really the main character of the story".

this is me and I loved it

sadly tho I burned like 80 hours on it in literally the first 3 days after it came out, so I had to take a break and when I was gonna go back I ended up playing other stuff, hah.

I have a ton of the main quest stuff to do yet

You will put 50 hours into it before you realize its a slightly improved Oblivion.

Well, at half price this sounds encouraging enough.

Thanks everyone.

Edit:

Hmm, now more people aren't so big on it. :lol

Salsa

mh, cant say I can get behind this, I found it veeeeeery different and much better than Oblivion.

The first thing that jumps out to me is in terms of the setting. It's probably the more grounded of the previous Elder Scrolls games. Not as much whimsical fairy stuff.

Chinner

Banned

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

i'm in the same boat as you, but frankly i think it's better just waiting for the inevitable goty edition. then mod the fuck out of it.

hitmon

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

I didn't like any of the ones you listed, but loved Skyrim. I just couldn't get into any of the other games.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How is Q.U.B.E.? It looks very interesting to me. Gonna try the demo, but some impressions still wouldn't hurt!

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

It's awesome. One of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had. Very much worth what it costs now (it's worth buying at full price if you ask me). The people who dislike the game are typically those who burned themselves out on it by playing it constantly for two weeks after it was released.

Fou-Lu

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

This is exactly me, and I have to say Skyrim is one of my favorite games of this generation, it doesn't feel as whimsical as Morrowind, but it's still an amazing game.

Mairu

How is Q.U.B.E.? It looks very interesting to me. Gonna try the demo, but some impressions still wouldn't hurt!

It's awesome. Very much worth what it costs now (it's worth buying at full price if you ask me). The people who dislike the game are usually those who burned themselves out on it by playing it constantly for two weeks after it was released.

I just got it myself and played through the first two sectors (~10-15 minutes) and I'm pleased with the purchase.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
i'm still on the fence about Dead Island.

If you get remotely motion sick, or like, don't get motion sick but have trouble reading in a car, I wouldn't get this game.

Otherwise, it has issues, but you might like it if you can look past a lot of glaring flaws.

HoosTrax

As an aside, I don't know why RPG makers are so hesitant to break out of the western medieval fantasy setting mold. I'd like to see more RPGs like Morrowind, PS:T, and Arcanum that go a bit against the grain.

zinder

1.) Loved Morrowind

How's Skyrim?

Holy hell you're like my twin.

And Skyrim was not enjoyable for me. The visuals were great, but that's about it. The game has a lot for you to do, but most of it just feels plain boring. Morrowind and New Vegas got me hooked mostly because of the atmosphere, and Skyrim certainly lacks that. 6/10

marrec

Banned
mh, cant say I can get behind this, I found it veeeeeery different and much better than Oblivion.

The first thing that jumps out to me is in terms of the setting. It's probably the more grounded of the previous Elder Scrolls games. Not as much whimsical fairy stuff.

Its not as bad as Oblivion, but the setting is just as generic and the higly touted reactive storytelling never seemed to affect my game.

I like whimsy.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom