• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone have an explanation why we should all buy Walking Dead?

The consensus seems to be that the gameplay is good, it has meaningful branching storylines depending on how you play it, it looks great, the pacing and writing is good. It's been the best-received Telltale project ever.

I'm buying 2 extra copies of Killing Floor to give out in a little while to people who can convince me they understand the meaning of THE BEST SHOOTER EVER.

Just fyi.

graywolf323

Cities XL 2012 worth it?

also boo at Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars not getting a further discount for the daily

edit: no wait it is 75% off :D must have not kicked in right away

Salsa

maaaan so many entitled people, it was clear some of the deals were gonna come back as other types of offers for those who didnt get a chance. It's cool since the flash sales can cover up other spots.

At the end of the day: we'll probably get the same amount of featured games discounted as every year, if not more.

Enco

What a horrible, horrible sale day.
Sorry bro, we'll make sure Half Life 2 is on sale tomorrow.

edit: some repeats are expected but this is kinda silly considering there are so many other games that could have a bigger sale

Trogdor1123

I was just playing borderlands and the screen tearing was awful. Anythng i can do to fix that? I have all the graphics settings maxed right now and the fps is fantastic but the tearing is really ruining it for me.

Any tips? Im new to PC gaming.

My computer is:

I5 2500k
8 gigs of DDR3
560 TI 448 (over one gig of memory, not sure how much)

That should be able to handle it shouldnt it? Im trying to run it at 1680x1050 resolution, native to my monitor.

Thanks

WOOOO Trine 2 came back early. Bought!

Now should I buy SR3...

Yes, you should buy SR3. It's hilarious.

I was just playing borderlands and the screen tearing was awful. Anythng i can do to fix that? I have all the graphics settings maxed right now and the fps is fantastic but the tearing is really ruining it for me.

My computer is:

I5 2500k
8 gigs of DDR3

That should be able to handle it shouldnt it? Im trying to run it at 1680x1050 resolution, native to my monitor.

Thanks

You have to turn on v-sync.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
All right, this is kind of an odd request, but I have a question for people who:

1.) Loved Morrowind
2.) Thought Oblivion was awful
3.) Thought Fallout 3 was kind of mediocre
4.) Loved Fallout: New Vegas

How's Skyrim?

I fit all those: It's... Ok. About on par with Fallout 3. Bethesda still makes all the same mistakes they always do. An unfortunately side effect of their games selling so well is that they are afraid of changing anything lest they "break" it.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Troll Sale :s

Feels like it. Same cycle of games. Grr, I wish there would be more variety in this sale. There are thousands of games on Steam but the same ones keep coming up as dailies, communities and flash sales!

Might get Hitman, but day 4 is a bust for me overall.

If for some strange ass reason you people haven't bought Serious Sam 3, remedy your poor decision-making skills by acquiring it today. Best shooter of 2011.

mtosh

Banned

My computer is:

I5 2500k
8 gigs of DDR3

Thanks

Turn on Vsync

Levyne

Banned

My computer is:

I5 2500k
8 gigs of DDR3

Thanks

Try forcing v-sync through your graphics card?

The walking dead finally on the daily, disappointed with only a 40 percent cut but oh well.

Are the episodes for the walking dead free or what? Not exactly sure how they work.

Alex

kind of a bad day for me but ill get TWD

i hope new vegas goes on sale eventually, gettin a lot of repeats lately

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I like what they're doing in putting stuff on sale then basically letting people have another crack at the deals like this. We're still getting new flash sales and such and other stuff rotates back in in the form of dailies.

Now people can't complain about missing out on a certain game because they were not around.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Both of the Trines are daily deals, even though only 2 shows up on the frontpage. Or you can buy both of them for 3.99€. Thinking of doing that.

kharma45

Walking Dead is the only one I'm considering, how does it tie into the TV show (I've not read any of the comics)?

The walking dead finally on the daily, disappointed with only a 40 percent cut but oh well.

Are the episodes for the walking dead free or what? Not exactly sure how they work.

Buying this now gets you the first two and the rest when they release.

massoluk

Banned
LOL, Saint Rows 3 daily deal is the same price as community choice. Felt like my vote was wasted.

Total damage so far:
Assassin's Creed Revelation - $13.59
Saint Rows 3 - $12.49

Total: 26.08

Not bad, looks like I have some self restraint this year.

VariantX

Magicka and all dlc for 7.49.... couldn't resist...

so far this sale:

COD4
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light + all dlc
Borderlands GOTY
Magicka + all dlc

Total: 47.91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom