• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Really wanted Dungeon Defenders to win since I already own Bastion which is a very good game and the music is amazing.

Anyway, voting for Just cause 2 lets hope it wins.

Really enjoying these sales my library has grown so much.

Levyne

Banned
This is better asked elsewhere but since this thread is active...

is the Just Cause 2 multiplayer completely separate from the main game? How does "map completion" work?

Bendz

Banned
Everybody should vote for Just Cause 2, the game is mad fun and the the multiplayer mod for it just came out today

http://jc-mp.com

This is so exciting!! I picked up JC2 in a winter Steam sale last year for a couple of pounds and loved it. Don't think that I played more than 10 minutes of the campaign, but it's just so much fun to play about in. Amazing, amazing mod community.

bigace33

JC2 is highly overrated. I'm voting DS2. GTA 4 is more than likely getting a package sale soon soon or I would have voted for that.

Dingotech

Sorry guys I just voted for GTA IV, as I'm hoping the Episodes go on sale as well.

I already own Just Cause 2, and it's been on sale a million times already!

Voted for JC2 considering Multiplayer is coming.

and HOLY SHIT, I'm already not regretting buying Walking Dead.
I know I wouldn't be helping, but it's really great so far. One of my favorite Telltale games.

Wait, is anybody getting their vote through? I know many users on the previous page are getting the voting problem too but I'm wondering if it's universal.
Nope. Just vote a few times and forget about it, it still registers.

All 3 are 100% certain to be daily deals where you will get the DLC as well.

So just vote for whatever the hell you want.
Yeah, these three are almost always daily deals during sales.

A GAFfer that mostly lurks added me to Steam and gave me a product code for Amnesia, Psychonauts, Superbrothers and Limbo.

I must say that was pretty damned amazing of him.

LobLob

Banned
Has anyone played Vessel. Is it good for $3.74?

I am quoting EPMODE about Vessel:

It's nice to finally see some Vessel love. For anyone who's still on the fence, I'll just repost my (slightly edited) description from earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39847329&postcount=7762

//-------------------

It's a physics-based puzzle platformer with a whole lot of fluid simulation going on. To get this out of the way early, it can get janky, like most other physics-based games.

What impresses me is the care that's put into the whole package. New ideas are taught using subtle Valve-style tutorials and it has an excellent difficulty curve. Even if you get stumped, you can skip most individual puzzles and come back later using a handy shortcut system (similar to Braid).

I also really like how almost nothing in the game is scripted. This is difficult to explain without seeing the game... You know how Deus Ex or Thief feels more like a simulation than a scripted game? How you have to use your tools to exploit a level that would continue humming along without the player character? Vessel has the same vibe. The puzzle elements themselves are physically simulated, the AI behavior is very predictable, etc.

And while the art style isn't going to win any awards, it works in motion. Lots of spinning cogs, pistons, swaying trees, rain/steam/lava flying everywhere..

And oh god the music is beautiful. You don't even know. The songs are even mixed based on what's happening onscreen (kind of like SSX).

So your enjoyment of the game will primarily depend on your jank tolerance. If you can get over the occasional physics-based annoyance, there's a lot to love. It reminds me of those diamond-in-the-rough Eastern European RPGs*

I want both Just Cause and Dead Space for $5, but I'm sure they'll both be dailies/flash deals again eventually so I'll be voting JC2 (once Steam allows me to do so)

Also that multiplayer mod for JC2 looks amazing

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It'll never win, but I voted for GTA IV since that's the only one I don't have.

Chinner

Banned
I'm murdering Steam's servers. 11 games downloading simultaneously? TAKE THAT GABEN

can you really do it? look at his face.
BmEAq.png

Lyude77

If I only want A Valley Without Wind and SuperBrothers, is Indle Bundle IV worth it, or should I just wait for a flash deal? I already have Blocks That Matter and Atom Zombie Smasher and am relatively uninterested in Sanctum.

I think I'm waiting for the bundle on Qube and Vessel.

Don't support EA please. This needs to be drummed into peoples heads.

You know what, pal? You do what you want with your money and I'll do what I want with mine.

I have no problem with Origin or with EA. I'm of the opinion that all the hate there is absolutely ridiculous. But, if you don't want to give them your money, that's your choice. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money.

So stop trying to tell everyone else what to do with theirs.

Drum that into your head.

/rant

I voted Just Cause 2. Wheeeeeeeeeeee!

I am voting for Just Cause 2 even though I bought it from Gamersgate for 2.99$. I think more people would be fun for the new multiplayer, also I may buy some DLC while cheap.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
If I only want A Valley Without Wind and SuperBrothers, is Indle Bundle IV worth it, or should I just wait for a flash deal? I already have Blocks That Matter and Atom Zombie Smasher and am relatively uninterested in Sanctum.

It's not very likely you'll get A Valley Without Wind much cheaper than in the bundle (your price would be "$4.99", since you want 2 games), but I do suspect you would be able to get SuperBrothers cheaper--it was also in a Humble Indie Bundle a little while ago, too.

LobLob

Banned
You know what, pal? You do what you want with your money and I'll do what I want with mine.

I have no problem with Origin or with EA. I'm of the opinion that all the hate there is absolutely ridiculous. But, if you don't want to give them your money, that's your choice. I'm not going to tell you what to do with your money.

So stop trying to tell everyone else what to do with theirs.

Drum that into your head.

/rant

Normally i would agree with your stance Cosmic but EA has repeatedly shown they could give a fuck about it's customers.

Retne

Get Vessel, you will love it!!!

Guys on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a damn good game and 1 being shitty, how would you rate Bastion?

Your milage my vary but I personally give it a 10. It really needs to be played with a controller though. I've gone through the game 3-4 times now and really enjoyed it. I don't know how you could say no for only $3.75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom