• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit I love the activity in this thread. I'm new to the "upgraded" version of Steam. I'm LttP because I've had this hate towards Steam because of how shitty it was a loooooong time ago.

So now I'm checking it out again and heavens, so many awesome deals. Just bought Bastion, fuck yeaaaaaah

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why exactly should I play OiF first? I don't even know if I'm going to like Ys so I started with Origin because the trailer looked better (I know, I know... don't kill me!).

Oath is a little bit better paced, and eases you into the mechanics a bit better. It's also a longer game, if you don't plan on playing through Origin with multiple characters. Though it's not an especially long game, itself (like 8-10 hours your first time.)

Dibbz

Oh man GTA 4 is in the community choice with Just Cause 2 and Dead Space 2 all 75%.

I have a felling that JC2 is going to win though. :(

Everybody should vote for Just Cause 2, the game is mad fun and the the multiplayer mod for it just came out today

http://jc-mp.com

Exactly, please everybody, vote for Just Cause 2! The GTA IV port isn't particularly optimised (or at least it doesn't seem like it to me). The multiplayer mod alone makes it worth the price but I have no doubt that Grand Theft Auto will win unfortunately.

Sianos

The masses will vote GTA, but Just Cause 2 is a much better game.

Worst comes to worst it'll be a flash or daily deal like all the other community votes.

Why exactly should I play OiF first? I don't even know if I'm going to like Ys so I started with Origin because the trailer looked better (I know, I know... don't kill me!).
Well, you already bought Origin, so my "It's cheaper" angle won't work. That said, I enjoyed OiF more than I enjoyed Origin the first time through, but that's probably because I went with Hugo (ranged character) instead of Yunica (female version of Adol/sword dude in other Ys games). You also unlock a third character once you beat the game with one character. With OiF you only have the one character, but it has better music and the dungeons were better. However, saying "better" doesn't mean anything in Origin is bad.

Both are good in different ways, and everyone should get both eventually.

Enco

The thing is, if GTAIV gets voted through.. the complete pack will probably be 75% off too. That's how a lot of these deals work.
And that's why I voted for GTA.

JC2 is absolutely amazing and one of my top games of all time but I have it and GTA SA would be nice.

LobLob

Banned
I see the poster above says Bastion is hard to play with keyboard and mouse. Is this true of others? I rather play my games on pc with KB/Mouse unless it is a sports/flight games.

Jak140

I just read that Telltale has already announced that there will be a second season of the Walking Dead game. If that's the case I think I'll just wait and get them all together for cheaper in a year or two.

Jzero

I see the poster above says Bastion is hard to play with keyboard and mouse. Is this true of others? I rather play my games on pc with KB/Mouse unless it is a sports/flight games.

I've had no problems with keyboard and mouse but i've never tried with gamepad.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I didn't find it to be hard. I haven't tried using a 360 controller though, so maybe it is superior.

Spierek

Just Cause 2 gets my vote. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if it doesn't win, that's like the only game I really want to get out of this sale (because of JC2MP).

Damn Valve, why can't these transitions go smoothly. I know there are probably a lot of people hammering your servers and it isn't that much to complain about in a great sale. But still, if you implent a voting system, make sure it works... And the flash sales are acting funny also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom