• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LobLob

Banned
Get Bastion and I'll get Vessel! Really, it's a wonderful game, you'll probably love it.

Ok fine :( I will buy Bastion!!! I am trying it right away though once it is installed mister!!'

Edit: anddd Bastion is bought! I am up to 10 games bought during this sale, crazy.

gotee12

Monkey Island get!

Don't hate me for never having experienced anything from this series. Instead, love me for what I'm about to experience...

Card Boy

Banned
Is it normal i'm getting faster download speeds of around 300KB per sec from Malaysia and Thailand but under 50K from local Aussie servers?

Weenerz

Banned
Just Cause 2 will win, even with it constantly being on sale. Steam people should vote for Dead Space 2 simply because it's rarely on sale.

Hellix

Anyone reason why it isn't registering my vote? I tried on Steam and on the browser, and it doesn't seem to accept anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuckkkkkkkk, I want to play Ys and Bastion right now... but I want to contact support first :( Site is down though...

Einbroch

Banned
Yay I'm not a loser anymore. Thanks for the friend requests. Just nice seeing some popups every once and a while, and not "Your friend is now playing League of Legends" 400x a day.

HiiiLife

So I looked up the standard prices and got to a total of 100 dollars and only spent about 29 dollars from these sales. Thank you Steam.

THANK YOU BASED STEAM.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Half of voting works - I would say it register your vote, but it doesn't show your choice later on.

That's what my vote from this morning did. I voted and it kept resetting so I came back a couple hours later to try again and my vote was already recorded.

Helmholtz

Get Vessel, you will love it!!!

Guys on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a damn good game and 1 being shitty, how would you rate Bastion?
A lot of people love it, but I just thought it was okay. And I usually love indie games (Braid is one of my favorite games). To sum it up, it's a very, very nice looking game, but aside from that it has pretty repetitious and unexciting combat. By the end I was glad to be done with it. The ending didn't do much for me either. But there's nothing bad about it, it's just that the only area it excels is visuals and maybe audio, which simply wasn't enough to keep me engaged.
I'd give it a 5. Something didn't click and I didn't enjoy playing through it most of the time, but there is some quality in the presentation there.

My opinion on it isn't normal though.
Nah, I pretty much felt this way too. 5 might be a bit on the low side though.

Guys on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a damn good game and 1 being shitty, how would you rate Bastion?

I'd give it a 5. Something didn't click and I didn't enjoy playing through it most of the time, but there is some quality in the presentation there.

My opinion on it isn't normal though.

kafiend

Anyone unable to launch Dirt 2 on Win 7 try running and signing into GFWL before starting Dirt 2.

Before I did that there was no error message, just nothing happening at all when clicking Play. Fucking GFWL...

Einbroch

Banned

If Diablo 3/Torchlight played like Bastion but had all the things that make those games great (loot, leveling, multiplayer, etc) I would be in heaven. Bastion is the most fun top down ARPG I've ever played from a gameplay perspective. Gets kinda repetitive though. Everything else is okay. I like the narrator and the graphics/music is pretty dang awesome.

Probably like an 8.

Megasoum

Banned
I remember going through Bastion on 360 and liking it but not necessarly being amazed by it either. I got it with the Indie Bundle a couple of weeks ago I should probably do another playthrough some day.

Lyude77

It's not very likely you'll get A Valley Without Wind much cheaper than in the bundle (your price would be "$4.99", since you want 2 games), but I do suspect you would be able to get SuperBrothers cheaper--it was also in a Humble Indie Bundle a little while ago, too.
Thanks! I may just wait for a daily deal on AVWW so I and my brother can get it at the same time. Good point, I guess Superbrothers will be at $2.50 or so eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom