• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance that they'll offer a daily deal on the Might and Magic pack? If so, would the sale prices of the individual games go down too? Really sucks that I missed Dark Messiah.
It was already a daily. Perhaps it will show up again on the last day when sales are repeated. Maybe.

EDIT: I misread. It wasn't a pack (iirc), but all the games were heavily discounted.

Are both walking deads around 2 hrs in length? Also if I replay a single episode does it change very differently for that episode, or just changes shit for the next games?

Razek

Banned
Ok, thanks. Rebellion is a bit too much for me to impulse buy atm, but $10 or lower for Trinity is tempting me. So, the complexity isn't much of an issue then, but being mostly a single-player gamer, will there be enough content there for me? Having no single-player campaign is a bit of a downer, but if there's a skirmish mode that's compelling enough to keep me coming back, I'll bite.

Sorry, late response.

There is a skirmish with up to 8(?) bots that can be set to extremely challenging difficulties. Maps can range from regular RTS gameplay style maps to large multi-galaxy civilization games with diplomacy, ally building, and war waging. There is a lot of variety there if you enjoy the base gameplay enough.

The game has it's flaws though. It's easy to spam particular troops to win easily. The AI can sometimes choose to do this as well, which can also get annoying. So it's not the most balanced game ever. Overall I've had a blast with it. I recommend having some friends play comp stomping for maximum enjoyment.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That's Salsa for ya!

1R68C.jpg

Playing the superior game. Nothing wrong with that.

kidko

Played a bunch of Fallout: New Vegas but none of the DLC. I see they are 40% right now so thinking of grabbing some of them.

Are there any that stand out as must-have or avoid?

Gun Runners’ Arsenal™ $2.39
Courier’s Stash™ $1.19 (seems like only for starter chars)
Lonesome Road™ $5.99
Old World Blues $5.99 (Looks crazy wacky)
Honest Hearts $5.99
Dead Money $5.99

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/22380/

Played a bunch of Fallout: New Vegas but none of the DLC. I see they are 40% right now so thinking of grabbing some of them.

Lonesome Road™ $5.99
Honest Hearts $5.99
Dead Money $5.99

Dead Money was just ok, didn't buy anymore after that

Retne

Lonesome Road™ $5.99
Honest Hearts $5.99
Dead Money $5.99

Old World Blues is the most popular one. It's pretty funny and worth a look but I would wait for FO:NV to hit a daily/flash so that you can pick up the DLC for a better price. I'm not sure I would pay $6 for any of them but I'm a cheap skate.

Weenerz

Banned
How do I fix;

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Tried the client and the website, same shit. Using Steam Wallet funds, so it isn't something getting declined.

kidko

Old World Blues is the most popular one. It's pretty funny and worth a look but I would wait for FO:NV to hit a daily/flash so that you can pick up the DLC for a better price. I'm not sure I would pay $6 for any of them but I'm a cheap skate.

Will do then, thanks

RedSwirl

On the Fallout DLC, I think all the big ones are worth it. They're pretty meaty for the price, especially Old World Blues. Personally my favorite was Honest Hearts which had a really good story and scenario.

On the Fallout DLC, I think all the big ones are worth it. They're pretty meaty for the price, especially Old World Blues. Personally my favorite was Honest Hearts which had a really good story and scenario.

I think it's best to just wait for the DLC no? Surely NV will be a daily/flash + DLC probably 75% off or more just like every other sale.

Lonesome Road™ $5.99
Honest Hearts $5.99
Dead Money $5.99

For Gabe's sake, wait for the daily sale.

Now I'm getting log-in errors with what few other GFWL titles I have (DoWII and Bulletstorm). I just can't take this shit anymore, I'm uninstalling every game that features this malware and then I'm unintsalling GFWL. It's just not worth it.

Zoc

I went into this hoping for a sale on Dear Esther, but so far, it's still full price. If something is still zero percent off, I guess there's not much chance of it being a daily deal or anything, is there?

Exuro

I went into this hoping for a sale on Dear Esther, but so far, it's still full price. If something is still zero percent off, I guess there's not much chance of it being a daily deal or anything, is there?
I believe Dead Island was full price before its daily.

JoeBoy101

Are both walking deads around 2 hrs in length? Also if I replay a single episode does it change very differently for that episode, or just changes shit for the next games?

Seems like they are. Also, some of the shit, especially dialogue can change significantly. That after-action report at the end of the episode showing how people choose differently gives a good idea how it can be different.

I'm impressed with how good the game is so far. Just got the first episode done and there were some seriously tough decisions during it.

Sorry, Doug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom