• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

i'm gonna jump on the POP pack. i never did bother finishing the sequels to SoT on Xbox1 so might as well play it with better visuals.

Retne

I'm assuming the prince of persia games aren't affected by the Ubisoft DRM aside from the newest ones?

Only one that is affected is The Forgotten Sands. It has a one time registration with the UPlay stuff. It was originally always online but it looks like they've patched that out now.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I already have Sands of Time. Pick two other PoP games for me to buy.

Link Man

Banned
So, traded in Dark Souls (360) and Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP) and got $20 more in Steam credit.

Update time!

Link Man's Summer Sale Totals

Legend of Grimrock $5.99
Ys Origin $7.99
Skyrim $29.79
Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle $3.74
Pixeljunk Eden $2.00
Tobe's Vertical Adventure $1.24

Remaining Wallet Total: $16.76

Damage so far:

Saints Row The Third - $12.49
Bastion - $3.74 (or whatever it was)

A bit more than I normally spend, actually! If Skyrim were ~$20 I would have bought that too.

Might still buy Peggle if it goes on sale.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's got a few water freeze, jumping puzzles especially right near the end you have to jump back and forth between freezing and unfreezing water pipe things, all while making sure that you aren't freezing a pipe that is currently about to disappear on you making you have to do the entire thing over again.

I was pulling my hair out.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Thinking about that combo as well, even though I have SoT for PS2 and finished 2008 when it came out. On the fence with Forgotten Sands, though.

Have heard enough bad things about the SoT sequels over the years to never want to play them.

I'm considering those just getting those 2 and Forgotten Sands. Since yeah I haven't exactly heard nearly as much praise for the SoT sequels.

Elginer

Is the steam store going bonkers for anyone else. It just wont load... right for me. Get images all out of whack and nothing else wants to load.

dani_dc

sucks that POP 2008 doesnt track your gameplay time or lets you have the steam overlay due to that damn launcher

The steam overlay doesn't work, but the tracking gameplay time has been fixed I believe (before it was fixed I would just relaunch the launcher after the game booted).

I don't even want to know the damage that has been done to my bank account.
UmVkS.png
That's all I've purchased so far. All on sale of course.

Fuck, that was dumb of me.

ultron87

Monkey Island 1&2 Special Edition. Is there any reason not to pick these up here as someone who enjoys the series and doesn't have those two games readily available?

Deliverance

Neo Member
I was gonna get it for 9.99€, but fuck this, I'll get Monkey Island Special editions pack instead.

You did well. I know it's only one fucking euro, but these small things piss me off, and unfortunately are very common :l.

5:25 AM and still awake... DAMN YOU STEAM! Good night, guys!

Sarquiss_

So far haven't gone crazy with this sale. Anyway the damage so far:

Batman: Arkham City - $10.19
Bastion - $3.74
Alan Wake Pack - $9.99
SFIV:AE - $7.50

Left To Purchase:
ARMA 2
Bethesda Collection

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I went with PoP '08 and Warrior Within. I already have SoT.

I don't think I need the other two.

Miker

Monkey Island 1&2 Special Edition. Is there any reason not to pick these up here as someone who enjoys the series and doesn't have those two games readily available?

None at all. Great price for great games. Also love the feature to switch back to VGA graphics.

Isn't PoP 2008 the easiest one of all the PoP series? The game really plays for you?
Waiting for Fallout 3 or New Vegas to go on sale. Come On Gabe!
Anyone doing a Borderlands 4 pack?

dani_dc

I already have Sands of Time. Pick two other PoP games for me to buy.

The Two Thrones is an actually good game, so I would recommend that.

After that I'd go for Forgotten Sands, I found it the most enjoyable after SoT and TTT.
Warrior Within focus too much on subpar fighting and has an annoying semi-open world design, while 2008 has a flat difficulty curve and introduces no interesting gameplay mechanics during the game, you'll be doing the exact same thing 10 hours into the game as you were doing 5 minutes into it. Pretty game though.

Edit: Too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom