• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

I thought people didn't like the new graphics... can someone comment on that?

if you never played the games before you wont have a problem. It's mostly a nostalgic thing (at least for me), but I found the new graphics in the second game to be actually good and a big improvement over the first one.

You can change back and forth between new and old graphics in real time

Giard

Go look at some screens/vids and decide for yourself, I would say.

if you never played the games before you wont have a problem. It's mostly a nostalgic thing (at least for me), but I found the new graphics in the second game to be actually good and a big improvement over the first one.

You can change back and forth between new and old graphics in real time
Thank you both! If I can change the graphics then there's no problem. Bought!

Who the hell thinks saints row 2 > 3 ?

That's not true at all. In any way.

There are wrong opinions.

Ive read lots of people in this forums say actually that.

After playing 2 I was not going to play SR3, at least not until it was dirt cheap, then I saw the first (and last) trailers volition released and they blew me out of the water. So I bought the game on release day, and had a blast I thought I was not going to fully esperience at first, at the end it was one of the best and most fun games I played on years.

If they change SR4 to the stroytelling of SR2 and a less wacky world becuase of some SR2 lovers and the new CEO of THQ, Im going to start kicking some balls.

SR2 did have a lot more customizability and activities, plus far more actual missions instead of activities.

But yea, other than that SR3 trumps it in every other way possible.

Those are things that can be added to the new formula in SR4, or so I hope. I said that SR2 was worse than SR3, not that it didnt had also some great ideas.

I thought people didn't like the new graphics... can someone comment on that?

They're not BAD per se. I just don't think they're that great either. If you like the new ones sure. If you can "put up" with the old ones, I'd do that, personally. But I also played them that way originally so... rose tints and all that.

Thoraxes

So just to clarify, if I buy The Walking Dead right now at $15, i'll get the rest of the episodes as they're released?

I mean, they mentioned a season pass, but i'm assuming that that's what this purchase is.

wilflare

anyone that needs help.
I can help

just PM me
(1) Game you want
(2) Link of game you want
(3) Steam email

I'll reply your PM with my PayPal email!
Once I get the PP, I'll send the game to your steam email :D

DONE :D

Just traded CS:GO for Alan Wake Collection and SR3. Then I went and grabbed the SR3 DLC so I have $15 left. Any good JRPGs on Steam?
The Last Remnant, which you can get for $15 at Gamer's Gate. It's Steamworks so it'll activate on Steam no problem. Totally worth it for that price, and the PC version is godly compared to the 360 version. TLR has my seal of approval, and is probably one of my favorite JRPGs of this generation.

They're more ARPGs, but the Ys games would also be a good choice.

Unicorn

So just to clarify, if I buy The Walking Dead right now at $15, i'll get the rest of the episodes as they're released?

I mean, they mentioned a season pass, but i'm assuming that that's what this purchase is.

Yeah, you aren't even able to purchase single episodes on Steam. You will get them all.

On the fence about Darkness...I may just wait till the next sale.
Totally on the same boat as you. I tried the demo and really, really enjoyed it... but it's $12.50... could easily buy 2-3 games with that. I decided to just wait till tomorrow and see what the deals are and make my decision then.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here's a quick recommendation for one of those "hidden" cheap and lesser known games:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure

TobeVA_now%20available.PNG

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105700/

Downloaded the demo. Love the music. Will probably pick it up.

kitzkozan

Damn you. Now I can't resist.

Must not...add to cart...can't spend any m-- ohp, purchased.

Ughh, good god. I'm going to go well over 100$ at this pace fuck. XD Although the prospect of Saint Row: The Third+some DLC packs such as Purple ops and the season pass is tempting. I'm sure it would counterbalance the serious and often boring GTA IV. Then there's Just Cause 2 which will probably win the vote and of course Bastion+Monkey island bundle in my cart...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is a decent chance it could still be a daily deal. There has been overlap with the Voting/Daily Deals/Flash Deals already.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Cannot tell you how much fun it is, i suggest that you find a cheap copy on ps3 or xbox and play it, since the PC version is suppose to really bad.

pc version is great you just need to install the Gentlemen of the row mod and the cpu speed fix.

Its more last gen graphics but the game and world was in alot of ways better then SR3,not as over the top but really fun.
Series is about having fun, yes its juvenile but if you can get over that its an absolute blast.

IF you have that much fun with SR3 and don't mind older graphics Can't recommend SR2 enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom