• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who is loving Darkness II, here's a small test vid I did earlier, and yes I know I suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17vWLqXfK0a

Story mode is 5-6hrs, Vendetta mode is another 2-3 and can be played in online co-op or single player. It's another 6 story missions + 6 more missions that are pure run n gun. The vid is from one of the run n guns. You get to choose from 4 chars for this mode who each have a darkness power (this girl has a darkness shotgun that I used most of the time).

There's another 6 missions in there that must be played co-op so i've not done those.

Gbraga

Here's a quick recommendation for one of those "hidden" cheap and lesser known games:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure

TobeVA_now%20available.PNG

http://store.steampowered.com/app/105700/
This looks fantastic! The trailer was wonderful. I'll get it when there is no daily deal I'm interested in.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
whats the consensus on darkness II?

Pretty fun gunplay, nice comic book artstyle and intriguing enough of a story. However it is very short, so the person who said buy it at sub $20 is correct. I picked it up for $12.50 months ago and felt pretty alright with that purchase price.

I bought killing floor , when i started playing it i realized its a waved based semi arena shooter.I tought it was simply a horror shooter. Dont like it. Well that was money down the drain. Hopefully anyone that buys it enjoys it more than i did.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I bought killing floor , when i started playing it i realized its a waved based semi arena shooter.I tought it was simply a horror shooter. Dont like it. Well that was money down the drain. Hopefully anyone that buys it enjoys it more than i did.

Keep playing it. Killing Floor is amazing, and the game has a lot of fan-made content, including campaign levels. Killing Floor is a slow burn, at first I was just alright on it and the more I played it, the more I loved it. The same happened to about everyone I know.

Retne

Did that, restarted Steam and my computer and I still have the same problem trying to get Walking Dead to work.

Have you tried deleting local content and redownloading the game? That's always my last desperate act. You may also want to check and see if they have a folder in %APPDATA% or My Documents and delete that.

Keep playing it. Killing Floor is amazing, and the game has a lot of fan-made content, including campaign levels. Killing Floor is a slow burn, at first I was just alright on it and the more I played it, the more I loved it. The same happened to about everyone I know.
All right ,ill give it some more time. Any mods that stand out for the game.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This Valley without Wind game is fucking weird. I was looking at my steam library and discovered i could double click on an icon to play it. Anyway it makes an infinite procedurally generated action-rpg world. I just wish the tutorials are better. Apparently you build continents and shit, and every game is different? I have no idea i feel high playing it.

This Tout stuff is gonna be brutal, like an hour of every 3 hour raw from now on is going to be touting...tout.

Edit- Whoops, meant for Wrasslin thread sorry lol.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The worst part about this sale is, when you see a great deal and you immediately want to buy it, and then when you're about to you see you already bought the game before but just never played it. Happened twice to me already

Jesus I suck

RetroMG

Just looked at Yesterday and it looks amazing, but I'm not sure I can justify the price... My wife loves point and click games but this one looks like it might be a bit too much on the creepy side.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
I have just about pulled the trigger on Serious Sam 3 about 8 times today, really have a hankering for an old school, man's shooter. But every purchase so far has been of the $2-3 variety, barring SF4:AE. Just feel like if I go for $10 games, then I'll be buying Skyrim at $30, then I'm going for publisher packs, and inevitably evicted from my apartment and selling my body on the street. This is how it begins.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just looked at Yesterday and it looks amazing, but I'm not sure I can justify the price... My wife loves point and click games but this one looks like it might be a bit too much on the creepy side.

Yeah i am tempted by the focus pack. 50 $ though is mucho steam bucks. But so many good games. The other games by those guys are just as good.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Went ahead and picked up Tobe's Vertical Adventure. Looks cool and it's super cheap.
Oh shiii! This looks awesome! Thanks for the heads up, only a euro

http://store.steampowered.com/app/29800/

Everyone should give this a shot imo

It's $0.99 on the store and it's really cool+fun. I mean there's not much to it but you're playing like astroboy or something in 3D. Apparently there was an iOS version of the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWZV9xPa0M
For a buck, I'll do it, might be good!

marrec

Banned

As someone who likes PnC games, Yesterday is not really worth it. The story is interesting but everything else was kind lack-luster.

RedSwirl

Is there any chance that they'll offer a daily deal on the Might and Magic pack? If so, would the sale prices of the individual games go down too? Really sucks that I missed Dark Messiah.

linko9

I can't add money to my wallet, it's taking me to the paypal site as usual, but when that's all done and it goes back to the main steam window, the screen doesn't change to the "finalize the order" screen, it stays on the "begin paypal purchase" screen. Anyone else having this problem?

Gbraga

I'm also very interested in this game, but I'll only get it if we get a flash sale or a daily deal for it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What did you buy so far Yoshi?
Bastion and Ys Origin! LOVING Ys so far, it's really hard and rewarding! (playing on hard difficulty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom