• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosh

My wallet is begging me mercy at this point but Gabe keeps offering up such tasty morsels............

The damage so far:

Total Damage To Date: 164.56 to Steam ; 22.48 to Amazon = $187.04!!

Equivalent of 2 tanks of gas and 2 grocery trips.....and we are still so early on in the sale!!!!

Jesus, that's a backlog. You are allowed to laugh very loudly if you ever look at that library and go "meh, no, don't want to play any of these."

Salsa

What's the purpose of the steam wallet? Not having to input your CC everytime you make a purchase but not having your CC stored on steam?

that + limiting your budget + credit cards/paypal may block you for a while after doing a lot of small purchases in short amounts of time

Darklord

Banned
WTF! My computer crashed for some reason. When it loaded back up I tried starting steam up again and get this:

UAspU.jpg

What happened? :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm back! Went to the shops and bought a bunch of Monster-drinks...

Time to buy more gaeeeeemz, I'm more pumped now than ever!!!!!

Hambone

Red Faction Guerrilla is such an awesome game, I'm seriously thinking of double dipping at that price.

Hoping that Alan Wake comes back 'round again. I missed it the first time. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How is Dear Esther? I love the aesthetic, but is the gameplay actually any good? How long is it?
You press forward for around 1 ½ hours. There's no gameplay besides listening to the story (which gets progressively more confusing the more you play!)

Alucrid

Banned
I'd still get it.

For those wondering about FEAR 3, it's definitely more of FEAR 2 style, but it's still a solid shooter and for $5 (which is what I got it for), I really think it's a great deal.

Think it's still worth buying if you have no one to co-op with?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
You press forward for around 1 ½ hours. There's no gameplay besides listening to the story (which gets progressively more confusing the more you play!)

Wait... the fuck?! You finally converted and got yourself a steam account?

Oooohmygod.

kuroshiki

Is that because of lack of interest or because you already own them?

I'll be mad if you skipped on CK2 >_<

The only simulation/tactical game I play are ROTK series. If I say homuhomu would you forgive me?

You must just have too many games.

More like lack of interesting game with huge sales. Usually if price is cheap enough I just dive in, saying 'oh what the hell'.

Also I bought games from previous amazon download sales. Price doesn't look that different from steam sales.

No way you can skip some of these games, unless you already own them.

Show me some of 'must have' games from this sales.

How is Dear Esther? I love the aesthetic, but is the gameplay actually any good? How long is it?

Here's what I and one other person recently said about it:

The best way I can describe it is an interactive short story. You're on a path and can explore outside of it, and as you go you're told bits of story along the way. There's other little things to see along the way. It's only about an hour long but it's meant to be played numerous times to fully understand what is going on. Definitely not for everyone.

A mystery wrapped in an enigma.
You walk around an abandoned environment while snippets of narration play, which often have a very tenuous connection to what's happening on your screen. It's quite pretty at times.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Really great. Its basically stalker meets call of duty so while its linear, there's still systems in place that allow for a bit of emergence. Its a hell of a looker too. If you do get it, play with ranger mode turned on.
Shame, I tried Stalker for about half an hour and didn't like it. Maybe it'll be different with this game, tonight I'm gonna watch some vids to see if I'll be able to enjoy it.

Think it's still worth buying if you have no one to co-op with?
If you like shooters then yes, it's pretty fun, although a bit on the short side. But with 2 characters, it has a good replayability factor.
Just bear in mind that it doesn't really feel like a proper F.E.A.R. game, it has a mode arcadey stile, with less scares and more firefights.

Yoshichan

Wait... the fuck?! You finally converted and got yourself a steam account?

Oooohmygod.
It's so weird man, I've had this account for how long, 6+ years but never used it until now?! When I tried to log in for the first time in a looooooong time, YOUR username showed up - HOW COME?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MY COMPUTER CORKYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

What is GMG and it's purpose?

It's a digital game store. Its purpose is selling games.

(Sometimes they have really cheap games that are cheaper than the ones on Steam and you get a Steam code to activate them on Steam as well. It's really dope. Sometimes.)

Contemplating Metro 2033. Is it like STALKER?
In style, sure, but not at all in gameplay. It's more linear than STALKER. Think along the lines of Call of Duty... meets STALKER.

Yoshichan

Contemplating Metro 2033. Is it like STALKER?
I bought it today without hesitation... just because it looks fucking amazing. That's all the reason I need.

Picked up Prince of Persia in the flash sale, and it's basically unplayable. This is easily my worst Steam purchase to date, followed by Darksiders.

LuffyZoro

Anybody who likes card games such as Magic the Gathering would do well to check out this game Spectromancer.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22500/

Feel free to add it to your wishlist and wait for a Flash sale or daily deal or something that gets you the DLC for a discount as well. I highly recommend it.

I went to it's page and checked out the review one of my friends gave it:

Steam Friend said:
Honestly one of the worst games I've ever purchased, and I own Floras Fruit Farm. This game is a broken mess made by inexperienced indie devs who banked on strategy nuts blindly shoveling cash at the game. When you have a strategy game, be sure to NOT include a single card that guarantees victory. That doesn't make a good strategy game, that makes a GREAT racing game. Just see who can dish those cards out the fastest. I would love to find the original devs for this game and beat them in the face.

GOD DAMN IM MAD.

Yoshichan

Picked up Prince of Persia in the flash sale, and it's basically unplayable. This is easily my worst Steam purchase to date, followed by Darksiders.
Why is it unplayable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom