• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchases so far:
- Alice: Madness Returns
- FEAR collection (what a great deal! First thing to scream 'BUY' at me so far!)
- Cave Story

I'd say that FEAR is the best deal I've seen and Cave Story y most interesting buy.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I am up to $193 spent so far for about 47 transactions. Probably over 60 games with the game packs all told.

Bought a lot of Telltale games and I haven't bought Walking Dead yet. I am torn but I will probably bite. Down to 75 bucks left in my wallet so I am getting nervous. I am starting to be a bit more picky now though.

First Steam Sale and I love it. This winter I am sure my damage will be much lower.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Age of Empires III is as good as II. I'd actually say AoE Online is probably a tad better than III once you've finished grinding for all the stuff you need to suit your playstyle.

But all the AoE games are good and worth playing, it would be pretty awesome if Microsoft got I and II updated to work properly on modern PCs without weird workarounds and stuck them on Steam. I'd definitely rebuy II since my discs disappeared.

And my damage is pretty minimal.

Trine 2 - $3.75
Witcher 2 - $16

Also gifted out $40 worth of Ys Origin, so there's that too :lol

marjo

Lol, I definately have a problem.

I want to get ACII but am waffling a bit because it would bring up the average price of the games I bought during this sale to $3.78, and I'm trying to stay under $3.50

What the hell is wrong with me.

Age of Empires 3 is incredible and the best RTS of all time right up there with AoEII. The expansions add a ridiculous amount of content, and the community is still quite active.

Buy it people.

I own it twice, but am even considering going for a 3rd...

It is pretty awesome, especially since I got it for 15 cents during a MS sale.

By the way, has there been an ASS day yet? I'm looking to pick up the complete collection.

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot, just noticed the games are on sale today. And bought.

Katoki

Lol, I definately have a problem.

I want to get ACII but am waffling a bit because it would bring up the average price of the games I bought during this sale to $3.78, and I'm trying to stay under $3.50

What the hell is wrong with me.

$0.28, minor. You know you want to.

Popstar

this is like the third time i've seen someone mention Mirror's Edge DLC.

There is none. Not on the PC version.

People are misleading when they specifically say that the Steam version has no DLC. It made me assume another PC version has.
"Step into Faith’s shoes once again and run through the city for an entirely different reason: bragging rights. Download the Mirror’s Edge Pure Time Trials Map Pack to your PC to compete in nine races, searching for the fastest routes through the city to outrun other players."

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.110843700/sac.true

Before people ask, does not work with Steam version AFAIK.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Meh, F3AR kinda sucks. Controls are very floaty. I turned off blur in the .cfg, and turned off vsync and that helped a bit.

I dunno, it feels like the mouse is emulating a gamepad or something.

How do I slide? It says I just unlocked it.

FEAR 1 was the best. Man, how far this series has fallen.

Meh, F3AR kinda sucks. Controls are very floaty. I turned off blur in the .cfg, and turned off vsync and that helped a bit.

I know. :-(

Aww man I was just getting ready to buy it too! XD

Smash88

Banned
5 days down, 6 more to go...

Last night during the Fallout New Vegas flash sale, I said that's all for the sale.

Now I'm getting RAGE and Red Faction.... Sigh, Lord Gaben knows exactly what I wanted and probably went "YOU'RE NOT GETTING AWAY! MUAHAHA"....

Dr.Acula

Banned
F3AR is worth the money if you have a buddy for coop, or if you don't go in expecting a fear game.

It feels like I'm gonna get five bucks worth of enjoyment from this. I'd be miffed if I payed twenty, but for five it seems alright.

I might mess with coop later.

Age of Empires 3 is incredible and the best RTS of all time right up there with AoEII. The expansions add a ridiculous amount of content, and the community is still quite active.

Buy it people.

I own it twice, but am even considering going for a 3rd...

Sounds tempting. I remember reading a lot of backlash when AoE 3 first came, but good to hear that the expansions improved a lot. However I think I will still wait.

I told myself I would not buy anything but that Indie Bundle V is very tempting. Ys and Gemini Rue in one package for such a great price.

DyTonic

Banned
I'm sure they have full control over pricing. It probably makes them a ton of money. Look at Dear Esther for example. I doubt anyone even knew what the fuck it was yesterday, and now everyone is interested.

A new game like Max Payne 3 though is heavily discounted though...

Do companies lose money due to the sales?

Steam sales tends to increase revenue (not just sales) by a mutliple of at least 4, and more if they game is well advertised (for example, XSEED made an absolute mint out of the Ys Origin flash sale, hitting the top three biggest sellers list which is apparently measured in terms of revenue, likewise I'd say Rockstar saw a airline carrier's worth of dosh out of the Max Payne 3 sale, as that was stapled to the Biggest Sellers top spot for the duration of its sale).

bonesquad

Legend of Grimrock impressions from those who bought it?
Excellent. The grid based movement and combat mechanics took some time to get used to. However, the sense of exploration and the puzzles therein are really good and a ton of fun. Every Steam sale there are 1-2 games that I never really heard of before but end up loving afterwards. This looks to be one of those for this sale.

That said, the game was already a daily and a community vote. You may want to wait until the last day to see if it pops up again.

bigace33

A game of the quality as Rage is well worth $9.99. The only Knock I have against it is it's really easy. Not that I like hard games, but this game was exceptionally easy. I heard the ending was atrocious as well, but I'll find out for myself one day when I get around to finishing it. I bought Rage for like $24 and I don't feel ripped off in the least. Gorgeous graphics, and very nice and fleshed out universe, good vehi9cular combat as well as good gun play, it's a solid 8 out of 10 to me.

I think I have too many games now...

I want to buy the August/September releases (like Sleeping Dogs, Darksider II, and Borderlands 2), but there is NO way I can record, and upload, all the games I'm buying from this Summer Sale haha.

My damage report so far:

Trine 2: $3.74
Borderlands GOTY: $7.49
Hitman Blood Money: $2.49
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate edition: $9.99
Metro 2033: $4.99

With those three games, that alone is like 100+ hours to complete...before the August 15? releases...sigh.

It's either: play a game that I like, smaller/old audience, or play a game that's new, big influx of people querying for stuff like "darksider II walkthrough". Oh well.

Oh wait, with Dawnguard coming out soon, all my troubles will be washed away =)

saxman717

Banned
My wallet is begging me mercy at this point but Gabe keeps offering up such tasty morsels............

The damage so far:

Saints Row 3 - 12.49
Crusader Kings 2 - 9.99
Legend of Grimrock - 4.99
Hitman Collection - 14.99 (should have waited til today!!)
Trine 2 - 3.74
Thief Bundle 2012 - 16.19
Sam and Max: Seasons 1-3 - 12.49
The Witcher 2 - 15.99
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate - 9.99
Fallout 3 GOTY - 4.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - 4.99
FEAR Complete Pack - 9.99
Assassins's Creed Pack - Deluxe - 34.99
Mount & Blade Complete - 8.74

Amazon Sale (Steam activated):

Sniper Elite V2 - 14.99
Bioshock Dual Pack - 7.49

Total Damage To Date: 164.56 to Steam ; 22.48 to Amazon = $187.04!!

Equivalent of 2 tanks of gas and 2 grocery trips.....and we are still so early on in the sale!!!!

I just cracked the 200 game limit. I rule. This sale was pretty easy to resist (well I kinda overspent but not as much as I'd thought.) I'm thinking I'll have a pretty good time from here on out.

RM8

I kind of don't want to know about this, I'll end up buying tons of games.

I still can't believe I got SSFIVAE 2012 for $9.90, though. So awesome.

Souther

Banned
If they can sell Metro 2033 for $5, then they can sell Stalker for $5 too. Lets go!

Also whats the deal with Fear being 17gigs? That has to be for that total bundle right? Fear 1&2 and the dlc?

Koroviev

Excellent. The grid based movement and combat mechanics took some time to get used to. However, the sense of exploration and the puzzles therein are really good and a ton of fun. Every Steam sale there are 1-2 games that I never really heard of before but end up loving afterwards. This looks to be one of those for this sale.

That said, the game was already a daily and a community vote. You may want to wait until the last day to see if it pops up again.

I know. I'm not going to buy it unless it's featured again.

Meier

Pretty weak sale so far.. only one I've really wanted that I didn't have yet was Anno and that was still priced too high for me to bite. :( I did consider The Walking Dead also but have already bought Episode 1 on Xbox and haven't played it yet. That was definitely a nice price.

I might bite on AoE 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom