• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwaan

I'm thinking of getting Rage what improvements does the PC have over the Xbox version apart from Res?

Will they release a patch for the better textures one day?

Also voted on Mirror's Edge it's on sale a lot but keep missing it lol :p

Questions:

1. Is Men of War any good? Really tempted here.

2. How is the PC version of Sonic racing? Has it been on sale yet? Again tempted here.

Wish they would release a Sonic pack.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel compelled to show you guys I have a problem.

BOUGHT FOR MYSELF:
-Dungeon Defenders Halloween Mission Pack, Dungeon Defenders - New Heroes DLC, Dungeon Defenders - Warping Core Challenge Mission Pack DLC, Dungeon Defenders Presidents Day DLC, Dungeon Defenders - Summoner Hero DLC, Dungeon Defenders Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC
-Back to the Future: The Game
-STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
-Ys Origin
-Still Life
-Ninja Blade
-Alter Ego
-Euflora
-Hard Reset: Extended Edition
-Multiwinia + Darwinia
-Osmos
-Zeno Clash
-Data Jammers: FastForward
-Alien Shooter 2 - Conscription
-Tiny Bang Story
-Gish
-Dreamkiller
-Scourge - Four Pack
-Nimbus
-Lume
-Syberia 2
-Legend of Fae
-Delve Deeper + Treasures and Tunnels
-Bunch Of Heroes 4-Pack
-Serious Sam: The Random Encounter
-Choplifter HD
-Containment
-Cubemen 2-Pack
-Inside a Star Filled Sky
-Cricket Revolution
-Bioshock & Bioshock 2 (Amazon)
-From Dust
-Painkiller Complete Pack
-Hitman Collection
-MI:SE Bundle
-Caster
-Puzzle Indie Bundle
-Hydrophobia: Prophecy
-Hamilton's Great Adventure - Retro Fever DLC
-Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
-F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn DLC

GAMES I BOUGHT FOR OTHERS:
-Killing Floor - Nightfall Character Pack, Killing Floor - Urban Nightmare Character Pack
-Left 4 Dead 2 x2
-Borderlands
-Dead Island
-Half-Life 1
-Half-Life 2 x2
-Half-Life 2: Episode Two
-Payday: The Heist
-Worms Reloaded x4
-Lara Croft GOL
-Sanctum x2
-Trine 2 x2
-Terraria x3
-Dungeon Defenders Halloween Mission Pack, Dungeon Defenders - Warping Core Challenge Mission Pack DLC
-Cubmen (from two-pack)
-Bunch Of Heroes x3 (from four-pack)
-Scourge x3 (from 4-pack)

GAMES GIFTED TO ME:
-Vessel
-ARMA 2: Combined Forces
-Walking Dead: The Game
-Tomb Raider Legend
-Shoot Many Robots
-Dungeon Defenders - Etherian Festival of Love
-Revelation 2012

I've never played KOTOR, should I get it? Tempeted at $2.50

I remember the PC port being kinda messed up, but you can probably find some mods to get it working properly. It's really good.

I wonder why KOTOR 2 isn't on Steam? Even with all its problems, it seems weird that Lucasarts seems to totally ignore its existence.

-Mikey-

Is there an Ys game that everyone prefers over the other? I'd like to buy an Ys game but only The Oath in Felghana is on sale today and I've read lots of high praise for Origins.

I remember the PC port being kinda messed up, but you can probably find some mods to get it working properly. It's really good.

I wonder why KOTOR 2 isn't on Steam? Even with all its problems, it seems weird that Lucasarts seems to totally ignore its existence.

Even if it's a tad messed up, everything I've heard about it and at that price it's probably worth it.

What are your thoughts on Metro 2033? How long is it?

I want to do a playthrough/walkthrough (AKA Let's Play of it), it seems really cool, and I havent found anyone decent at commentating doing one, so I'd like to give it a shot.

Also, is RAGE worth it? Seems cool and short enough for another Walkthrough series, although I heard somehwere that it is like 20gigabytes.
(edit: I have a slow connection, don't want to spend 3 days downloading it)

marrec

Banned
Is there an Ys game that everyone prefers over the other? I'd like to buy an Ys game but only The Oath in Felghana is on sale today and I've read lots of high praise for Origins.

I prefer Oath to Origins, but that's my mobile gaming bias probably.

They're both good buys, but Oath is more "MetroidvaniaRPG" then Origins.

Recommended Video Card:
Graphics:DirectX 9 compliant video card with Shader model 3.0 support. NVidia 8800, ATI Radeon 2900 pro or better (Pre-Sandybridge Intel graphic chipsets not supported).

Right from the Steam page. Your GT 240 is quite a bit ahead of the nVidia 8800.

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm a bit of a PC gaming noob. I have no idea where a 240 stands in relation to the 8800. Thought I would ask.

Much appreciated, by the way. I think I'll bite. :)

How well does Half Life 2 run on your machine?

I, uh, have never played Half Life 2 on this machine. Portal 2 runs pretty good at the highest I can crank it, if that helps.

Ciastek3214

You are crazy. It's like 5 different games that I don't want to type because it spoils the game mechanics and fun of going "Oh shit! This is exactly like [insert game]. It's like a bunch of guys got together and said "You know what, I really like [list of 5 games], lets make a mashup of all of them!"

Lets put it this way: It's a Legend of Zelda game in structure (dungeons, get new items and use them to solve dungeons / beat bosses) and God of War-like in combat. Which is awesome because the combat is Zelda games has never really been it's high point. If you need another comparison point, the combat is a less technical Devil May Cry.

So, if I loved Soul Reaver, will I love this?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The good news is you can only have a problem for so many sales before you are satiated.

About. XD The other good news is that the last few days have been a lot of fun as I've actually been playing a lot of games with some extra free time I have. However, I only have about $40 left in spendable budget for the sale, which likely will go to multiplayer games.

ag-my001

I've never seen Sins on sale on Steam, but miracles happen every day during the Summer Sale.

Sins Trinity and GalCiv2 are on sale for 50%. Seems like they're holding off on Sins: Rebellion in particular, though it's understandable for a game that is just now one month old. It may go for 20% off, but I'm guessing any daily deal will likely be for the older versions.

marrec

Banned
Sins Trinity and GalCiv2 are on sale for 50%. Seems like they're holding off on Sins: Rebellion in particular, though it's understandable for a game that is just now one month old. It may go for 20% off, but I'm guessing any daily deal will likely be for the older versions.

I love that you threw GalCiv2 into your post.

Damage Update:

Total War: Shogun 2 - $7.49
Payday: The Heist - $4.99
Indie Bundle II - $9.99
Ys Origin - $7.99
Vessel - $3.74
X3: Terran Conflict - $3.99
Metro 2033 - $4.99
Serious Sam 3 BFE - $9.99
Cave Story+ - $2.49

Total: $55.66

I was hoping to stay under $50, but pft, like that was ever going to be possible. Holding out hope I'll still clock in under $100 though.

MasLegio

Banned
10$ for RAGE is not enough. 5 or bust!

Got Dear Esther though. I don't really care but at that price it's hard to bargain...

Lol...
In they are trying to rip us off with 17€ (20£) for Rage.
Greedy stupid fucks, but I guess there is some stupid user that will buy this pos anyway...

So Dear Esther looks interesting...What IS it?

The best way I can describe it is an interactive short story. You're on a path and can explore outside of it, and as you go you're told bits of story along the way. There's other little things to see along the way. It's only about an hour long but it's meant to be played numerous times to fully understand what is going on. Definitely not for everyone.

leroidys

Age of Empires 3 is incredible and the best RTS of all time right up there with AoEII. The expansions add a ridiculous amount of content, and the community is still quite active.

Buy it people.

I own it twice, but am even considering going for a 3rd...

Age of Empires 3 is incredible and the best "Age" game right up there with AoEII. The expansions add a ridiculous amount of content, and the community is still quite active.

Buy it people.

Stop trying to make me spend more money. Never played a AoE game. Play a lot of Warcraft and Starcraft. I'm guessing I'll like this?

Curufinwe

Fear 2 is going to be my third $3.74 purchase after American Nightmare and the Maxy Payne 1 and 2 bundle.

Is the Fear 2 Reborn DLC worth getting, though?

epmode

I'm thinking of getting Rage what improvements does the PC have over the Xbox version apart from Res?

Will they release a patch for the better textures one day?
From what I understand, the assets exist and this is possible. But it won't ever happen. For all of that unique texturework, Rage looks like a pile 70% of the time, and it's all down to texture resolution.

MasLegio

Banned
Yau can buy Rage cheaper everywhere than on steam even with the "sale" price. Do not support bad pricing, do not buy this game on Steam.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
A mystery wrapped in an enigma.
You walk around an abandoned environment while snippets of narration play, which often have a very tenuous connection to what's happening on your screen. It's quite pretty at times.

The best way I can describe it is an interactive short story. You're on a path and can explore outside of it, and as you go you're told bits of story along the way. There's other little things to see along the way. It's only about an hour long but it's meant to be played numerous times to fully understand what is going on. Definitely not for everyone.

I enjoy games like this. I'm more into exploration based games than action heavy games anyways. Exploring the Wasteland of Fallout 3 and discovering all the neat things about the "old world" was one of the best gaming moments I've had in a VERY long time.

Will buy.

Was hoping for $5... :/
I was too. Ive bought close to 25 games or so, and Rage I was looking to pick up for around $5. I don't think I'll scoop it up as I have way too much as it is. Will probably pick up quantum Conundrum if it goes on sale for cheaper. That is the only thing I want that I haven't bought.

leroidys

Stop trying to make me spend more money. Never played a AoE game. Play a lot of Warcraft and Starcraft. I'm guessing I'll like this?

Its similar in that they are the same genre so play similarly. In terms of the mechanics, it did borrow a lot from Warcraft 3, but integrated it in a way that feels like a natural progression of the "Age..." series rather than tacked on "me too!" crap.

Age of Empires 3 is incredible and the best RTS of all time right up there with AoEII. The expansions add a ridiculous amount of content, and the community is still quite active.

Buy it people.

I own it twice, but am even considering going for a 3rd...

I am interested at the price. Not sure if I'd ever get around to playing it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom