• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just got home. Not allowed to use the browser for anything other than company internet systems. Even then there is only one computer so it's watched like a hawk.

Ouch, that sucks. I used to work at a similar company, but the difference was everyone had computers and they just disabled internet access on all but one computer in the center of the office. Was so fucking stupid.

Trying so hard not to get bodied by these deals. One thing I'm doing is not buying sequels to games in my backlog I haven't even touched (like AC2 and Fallout 3).
Casualties: ~$34
Alan Wake complete
Indy bundle 3
Armed and dangerous
Call of Cthulhu: DCotE
Lara Croft: GoL
Pixeljunk Eden + 1 more for gift

I think I'm doing okay. Could be a lot worse. Just need to snag that Binding of Isaac when it goes 75% off on the last day and MAYBE bioshock 2 and I'll be done after that... I think... I hope.

Watevaman

Has LotR: War in the North been on sale? It's $10 on GMG but I'm not sure if Steam would throw it lower than that.

And while I'm asking, what does GAF think of it?

Bentendo

What's so good about Fallout 3/Vegas? Is it like Elder Scrolls with guns?

There's plenty of substantial differences. Yes the gameplay is similar, but what really sets the games apart is the setting, characters, story and so on. I could go on and on about how SIMILAR they are, but there's definitely enough to set them apart as well. If you like one franchise you're likely to like the other, but the differences in setting will make them feel like completely different games.

If you've never played any game in the franchise, New Vegas was definitely better than Fallout 3, at least in my opinion. The characters and setting was just so much stronger.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Guess there's nothing changing for another 2 hours. I'm gonna take a break from these Steam sales to actually play a game. =O

1-D_FTW

It's been a long while since I played FEAR. Couldn't run on max back then. Running with MAX settings and 3D, the benchmark was a sight to behold. Gonna be good when I get around to replaying it.

Miker

Man, Amnesia. I didn't just buy it a while ago and not play it, I pre-ordered it when it was half-off at $10 and never played it. Too scared :( The demo also gave me a bit of motion sickness when the screen distorts/blurs.

Levyne

Banned
Has LotR: War in the North been on sale? It's $10 on GMG but I'm not sure if Steam would throw it lower than that.

And while I'm asking, what does GAF think of it?

It's fun with a friend. It's a bit glitchy and unpolished (at least it was on 360).

If you like lord of the ring lores it's definitely a good pick-up. It's a diablo-loot-esqe game.

I can't tell if people talking about Amnesia are genuinely scared by it or just carrying out some elaborate sarcastic troll. I mean I can get that a game might make you jump once or twice, I've seen some people say it's like the scariest thing they've ever seen, then other people say it was a yawnfest and a terrible game with horrible production quality.

So which is it?

And What exactly is so scary about a video game anyway? Stuff jumps out, you hear some creepy noises, yadda yadda.

Katoki

it came with Humble Bundle and i refuse to play it. watched LPs for it tho, lol

Same boat, only thing from the Humble Bundle not installed. Friend was just asking about it and I was like, "If you do buy it, tell me how it goes". Then he goes to find a game play video of it and goes "Nope".

Foiled.

JoeBoy101

For you people who call yourself fans of horror games:

Amnesia.

In terms of horror, suspense, and general filling one's trousers with feces, it is to Resident Evil what a Bugatti Veyron is to a tricycle. With training wheels.

Sigma Storm said:
What's the deal with Red Faction: Guerilla? I already have Mirrors Edge.

Its not unlike a sci-fi GTA. On Mars. Where you can blow the buildings up.

Its much better than expected and I never get tired of being able to deconstruct buildings with flair.

bobbychalkers said:
I am not touching Amnesia.....nope.

Normally, I take this as meaning one hates a game. This one, I'm taking a much different way. And I respect it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dammit! I feel so dumb. I had Bastion (and some other games) from the Humble Bundle V, but I never activated them on Steam. Then I just bought Bastion last night. =P

Oh well, I'll give the games to my brother.

bigace33

Amnesia is intense. I will never finish it, lol

Same here. I actually uninstalled it. The idea that I can't stand my ground and defend myself stinks. I wish I could have gifted one of my copies but I couldn't gift the one that came with the last humble bundle. I'll never beat it.

Artofwar420

Thoughts on this cart gaf?

yqgHW.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any other horror games on Steam? Doesn't have to be indie.

Einbroch

Banned
^

AC:B is amazing. Everything else I wouldn't personally get. I didn't like AoE3 (adored AoE2) and adventure games aren't my thing. FEAR 3 is okay. For five bucks it's certainly worth it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How much RTS is AoE3 anyway? I remember AoE2 being quite slow :_: how's the third one?

JoeBoy101

Rage is damn tempting at $10. I think I'm gonna byte on this one. What say ye SteamGAF?

Got real caught up with the first 10 hours of it. A less over the top atmosphere than Borderlands, but with better combat.

After than, interest died off as the game got repetitive. Still, a decent pick for $10.

JoeTheBlow said:
OE3 is still way too expensive, it should be that price anyway, its years old.

You are absolutely right. But I've been missing it for my RTS itch and its a good sale to its normal price regardless.

eyeless said:
link to some gameplay of red faction guerrilla that'll help sell me on it?

Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom