• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
55 more minutes folks :3

Ocho

Amnesia is very scary until you understand the mechanics behind the game, it then becomes a puzzle/adventure game in which you sometimes need to hide. Once you die, you've seen it all. Pretty good game, though, although I found the ending and story rather shortcoming.

How don't know how seriously to take any of the stuff people are saying about it but you are asking more random people what they want to say about it?

Just buy it and find out. Cheap as.

I don't think I'm that much of a cheap ass. I've spent over $100 already on the sale. But I don't want to buy a piece of shit game, even if it's $1.

Leonsito

So many great games on sale today... and I already have them all.

I'm thinking about doing a new Steam account so I can enjoy sales like a couple of years before, who's with me?

So many great games on sale today... and I already have them all.

I'm thinking about doing a new Steam account so I can enjoy sales like a couple of years before, who's with me?

Buy them as gifts instead. Costs the same, you still get to play the games, and you get the satisfaction of giving. :p

marrec

Banned
ßthePenguin;39940364 said:
Fallout 3s atmosphere is so fuckin fantastic im considering it best game of the (console) generation for me. Even tho i finished only 1 or two of the main quests. Still played it 20 hours. Need to play more!

For a game with such amazing atmosphere it's a triumph of bad design that it turned out as boring as it was.

It's short, maybe four or five hours ish.

EDIT: My mate says it took him nine, so not sure.

Ugh, yeah I fall into the "slow gamer" category, I like to explore every nook and cranny, and this game seems like it's vulnerable to wasting time and exploring.

I may just pass, since my backlog is just huge like everyone else and I just started on Skyrim for the first time, I may not have time for this ever.

Not sure if it's even worth to fire it up for an hour to quench my curiosity, not so much the $5, it's just I hate starting games and not finishing them, rather not start at all.

I was just playing Amnesia over the weekend. I dunno, it doesn't really scare me. My friend who gets spooked out with anything horror-related, watched behind a pillow and he seemed OK about it. It's more thrilling than scary to me. I'm only 2hrs into it. Puzzles are alright, too tedious for me.

It's a good game and the atmosphere (lighting+sound) really gets you in the mood.

StuBurns

Banned
Ugh, yeah I fall into the "slow gamer" category, I like to explore every nook and cranny, and this game seems like it's vulnerable to wasting time and exploring.

I may just pass, since my backlog is just huge like everyone else and I just started on Skyrim for the first time, I may not have time for this ever.

Not sure if it's even worth to fire it up for an hour to quench my curiosity, not so much the $5, it's just I hate starting games and not finishing them, rather not start at all.
Well there is a mini-campaign in there, they added it for Portal 2's release. There's no saving in it, but you get a nice complete experience in less than an hour.

I came in to ask a few questions, is it a long game?

Seems like a game like this, I don't want it to overstay its welcome, if it's too long, I might not want it, how long is the game time , roughly?

It's perfect not too long not too short, ending sucks like that dude said, but there are moments in the game that made me love video games again, it's soo good.

Buy it without hesitation. I played it in the dark, alone, with tea and candle, with headphones on - you guys are wimps.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
you know what sucks? by the time i finish d/ling the game, i'm not in the mood to even start it...lol
Fuck, I have the complete opposite problem... I keep playing one game, quit that after 10 minutes, go to another game, play that for 10 minutes, go back to the first game for 10 minutes, repeat x100000 T_T I love it though, although it does make me slightly crazy(ier)

Anyone have any idea what the odds of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition getting a daily or flash sale, what with Bioware/EA and Origin and all that jazz?

Gala

Quoted for the new page.

Can I expect Rage to run on my system?

Windows 7 64bit
Resolution: 1680x1050
Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5770
4GB DDR3 1033 Ram
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

The damage so far:
Saints Row: The Third and tons of DLC for it
Hitman: Blood Money
The Darkness II
Dead Island
Ys Origin
Alice: Madness Returns
Alan Wake CE extras
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Syberia (through Steamgifts)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Mount and Blade: Warband (thanks Tony!)
Europa Universalis III (Thanks Tony)
Trine 2
Warlock - Master of the Arcane plus DLCs
Hacker Evolution Duality

Damn these positive Rage impressions...

must...not...buy

Dunno how old a person you may be... but if you are old enough to remember that feeling you got, first time you fired up Quake 2 or Unreal and you were just a dude with a couple guns and you were shooting things? No need for words or stories or anything, you were just a dude and a gun trying to shoot the shit outta some stuff. Remember how cool that feeling was?

Well, Rage isn't quite that. But it's in the vein. I had flashbacks to when games were just about shooting shit for fun. And I liked it. It ain't perfect by any means, but THAT SHOTGUN SOUND.

squall211

I haven't gone overboard yet:

Ys OiF
Heroes of Might & Magic VI
Two Worlds II
Witcher 2
Cave Story+

Roughly $57 spent.

Hoping to see Civ V GOTY as a daily deal before it's over.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

I mentioned earlier driving a truck into a building to save some hostages. I forget what part of the map it was in but the building was at the bottom of a big mine carved out in the landscape that was basically just like a huge bowl or crater. I got in one of the huge trucks and just drove it off the lip of the crater and aimed perfectly so that I fell directly on the building I needed to reach. Sledged a few guys, grabbed those hostages that managed to survive me dropping a truck on top of them, then stole a smaller vehicle and cruised my way out of there.

Good times.

CRS

Deus Ex Collection
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
PixelJunk Eden + Soundtrack
Hard Reset: Extended edition
Trine
Trine 2 Collector's Edition
Darksiders
Sanctum: Collection
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Sonic Generations
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Cave Story+
Dead Space Pack
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
The Walking Dead
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomb Raider: Legend
Darkness II (ROW)
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Frozen Synapse: Complete Pack
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle
Orcs Must Die + Artifacts of Power and Lost Adventures
Borderlands GOTY
Alice Madness Returns
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)

Damn. :( I really need to slow down.

Deus Ex Collection
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
Trine
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Cave Story+
Dead Space Pack
The Walking Dead
Darkness II (ROW)
Borderlands GOTY
Alice Madness Returns

Damn. :(

the fuck
lol

Salsa

Quoted for the new page.

Id 5 (RAGE's engine) is built specifically for amazing visuals and smooth framerates on even the most basic of systems.

This of course is accomplished by "tricks" such as textures that are meant to be seen from afar (low res when you get close to them).

You'll run it perfectly

Lain

I'm trying to resist the call of Ass Creed. The pack is a bit too pricey at 29,99€, so I was thinking of just grabbing 1/2/Brotherhood, which all together would be 15€, but I'm still not sure I won't regret the purchase later, especially with me waiting for certain titles to still go on sale.

Yoshichan

30 more minutes and I can go to bed :_: So tired.

LiK

Deus Ex Collection
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
Trine
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Cave Story+
Dead Space Pack
The Walking Dead
Darkness II (ROW)
Borderlands GOTY
Alice Madness Returns

Damn. :( I really need to slow down.

My list is almost that size

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Shit, my download speeds have completely tanked. I've been getting 6-8 MB/s during the sale so far (which surprised me), but now I'm getting 200-500 KB/s, and sometimes nothing at all.

Salsa

I'm trying to resist the call of Ass Creed. The pack is a bit too pricey at 29,99€, so I was thinking of just grabbing 1/2/Brotherhood, which all together would be 15€, but I'm still not sure I won't regret the purchase later, especially with me waiting for certain titles to still go on sale.

just buy 2. It's the best of them all and if you like it you can get the other ones by winter.

Avoid 1, it's an awful game and it has barely anything to do with the game's story moving forward

Deus Ex Collection
Portal 2
Terraria
Rayman Origins
Trine
Darksiders
Sonic Generations