• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

All this Saints Row praise has sold me. So obviously the the Shark Attack DLC is an instabuy.

Anything else? The season pass?

Not sure what the best(correct?) thread for this is but I'm looking out for anyone who went in on a Street Fighter 4 - four pack and has a copy left over?

I have a non-steam version of the game so I can't get the DLC that's on sale, and if I was to get the DLC off GFWL it'd cost as much as getting a steam copy(at sale value) and the DLC so I'm hoping to add to my steam library.
It's possible that it will come back by the end of the sale but just putting it out there if anyone has a copy they'd like to sell/trade for equal value PM me or look for my username on steam.

trinest

Get Warlock Master of the Arcane people when it becomes a daily deal.

I'm hoping its back mainly because I forgot about the game and when it was on flash I was like "wtf is this crap" then when it was off flash I was like "oh shit that was that game I wanted".

Grrr.

And Endless Space and Arma II are the other titles I want on special ASAP. Annoyed of all these repeats. Repeats are for last day, not midsale dam it!

legacyzero

Banned
So what is Dead Rising 2: Off the Record?? Is that just an expansion? Or is it the base DR2 game with the expansion with it?? $40 seems like a high price for the expansion, but $10 sounds better, but I'll buy it if it has Both the base game AND the expansion.

All this Saints Row praise has sold me. So obviously the the Shark Attack DLC is an instabuy.

Anything else? The season pass?

Trying to decide if I should get OiF and Rage. Well, I'll probably get the former, the latter is the true question.

When I got the DLCs, Steam automatically installed the DLC onto New Vegas.

Appreciate it...havnt had a chance to get to the computer. Living through the mobile app (remote install is badass)

Kuroyume

Banned
Few questions about Mirror's Edge:

- How does it play without a controller? I recall there being a lot of button presses to get around when I played the 360 demo ages ago.

- Does it require any other software to play like Origin? Uninstalled Origin ages ago because BF3 would make my laptop hot and I was too worried about damaging something.

Anyone?

Any thoughts on Velvet Assassin? Every time I see it up for sale I forget what the consensus is.

I dunno, I kinda like these shitty games that everyone else disses. I had a good time with VA. It has a cool story and character based in real life, has solid stealth based gameplay with upgradeable skills, and the graphics aren't bad.

I made a huge mistake in playing the 1 of my Summer sale games today. I just lost 6 straight hours to Anno 2070, that shit is too dangerous. I think it's in my own best interest to go back to buying loads of games and never playing them.

Katoki

Funny. Earlier I saw some guy asking about seeing Civ 5 again as some sort of sale in the Summer Camp Group. It can't have been because of this guy but whadayaknow, Civ shows up.

My money stays safe once again today!

So what is Dead Rising 2: Off the Record?? Is that just an expansion? Or is it the base DR2 game with the expansion with it?? $40 seems like a high price for the expansion, but $10 sounds better, but I'll buy it if it has Both the base game AND the expansion.

not an expansion, it is similar to Dead Rising 2 except it replaces the main character with Frank West. There are also lots of changes and tweaks.

I only want one more game and then I am done with this sale. I am 100% satisfied with my 20 or so games for $50.

But all I want now is The Last Remnant! I love how Square-Enix shits all over the only game on Steam that they actually developed.

Kingven

..... so... i did it again... 5 more today....

Age of Empires III: Complete Collection
FEAR Complete Pack (ROW)
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition
Dear Esther
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate

only GTA Pack left..and that's it...... until x-mas sale... :-S

Few questions about Mirror's Edge:

- How does it play without a controller? I recall there being a lot of button presses to get around when I played the 360 demo ages ago.

- Does it require any other software to play like Origin? Uninstalled Origin ages ago because BF3 would make my laptop hot and I was too worried about damaging something.

I personally prefer playing it with mouse+keyboard, so my answer would be that it plays very well without a controller.

No other software required to play it.

Card Boy

Banned
We making a part 2 of this thread in less than 300posts?

Wall of shame (im 75 posts!)

WhyP8.png

whitehawk

Banned
God so tempted to double dip on Mirrors edge. I've already played it on 360 but... 1080p + 60fps!

Also tempted to get Hitman: Blood money. Is it recommended?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Built my computer around this time partially with Steam in mind. So far here's what I got (I owned only indie games before this).

VbFal.png

How'd I do? Still have $15 left, pretty much done though. Bought some stuff from Amazon too so I'm very happy. :D

I think well see all flash/dailies twice with a chance of 3 if it wins a vote. That said, these days I'm kind of happy to see a repeat just to ease my wallet pains!

I dunno, I kinda like these shitty games that everyone else disses. I had a good time with VA. It has a cool story and character based in real life, has solid stealth based gameplay with upgradeable skills, and the graphics aren't bad.

It's a shit game but I liked it too, of course someone gave it to me for free.

The entire game feels and looks like some sort of eerie dream.

wilflare

did not get Fallout:NV UE (shall wait for it to drop)

Pending on
FEAR Collection (don't own a single game)
Ys Oath
DRII: OTR
AOE3

maybeeeee
SR3 DLCs

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Quit jerkin' me around, Steam. You know I want Arma II. =|

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
G'ah, another repeat. That's it, I give up. I'm going to bed.

I'm not even going to buy Walking Dead. I was going to but I bet it will be a flash deal in a day or so. That's how stupid the sale line up has been.

Glad Civ 5 is back for a deal. Picked it up over a friend's suggestion and I'm having lots of fun despite not being good at these games. Hope more people pick it up (or Civ 4, which is better to some).

zashga

Alright, I finally got some of the DLC civs (Babylon, Polynesia, etc.) that I kept missing over the past couple years. I love that game, but $5 per is just too high. $1.24 is much nicer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom