• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm mulling on Saint's Row 3. Anyone know how it'd run on a Macbook Pro 15"?

6750M 1gig
8gig ram
i7 2720 @ 2.2
Windows 7 Pro 64
1680 x 1050

Dropped to 30-40 fps when outdoors for me, from my previous report.

Retne

That's really not the case. 15 minutes on Wikipedia and youtube is plenty to get up to speed with AC 1, and I didn't even bother doing that before playing AC 2 and it's become one of my favorite series in this generation of console games.

This is good to hear. I skipped buying the first since I've never heard anything good about it. Nice to know I don't have to spend too much time getting up to speed.

Gonna bite on Rage. So far:

Back to the Future
Trine 2
Hitman: Blood Money
The Walking Dead
Rage

Damage = not so bad. Might pick up Fallout 3 if it becomes a daily. Missed it during the flash sale. Keeping my fingers crossed for Amalur, still...

It's been $5 on every major sale for several years now, don't worry about that.

It wasn't the last sale. I know because I waited until the last day and bought it at $10. It was $5 on Amazon at the time, but I have rebought things to keep everything on Steam before, so I figured I'd skip the middle man that time.

bigace33

mirror's edge is 5 bucks but im broke.
kill me now.
i wonder if holiday 2012 it will be this price again?

Sorry bro, wish I could give you my copy as I feel it is highly overrated. It looks gorgeous but it is very frustrating to play.

Dibbz

From what I hear. It's barely a game. Hold W key and read the narration.

I thought it was awesome. The environment work was unreal. Totally worth it for that alone. Plus it was a nice change of pace from the usual run and shoot everything. You just sit back and soak in the atmosphere.

you guys are constantly picking games that have been on sale already.. Dues Ex was on sale for 6.99 regular and augmented was 9.99 on AMAZON in the July sale (price changed back) and i posted about it during the first few days of the Steam sale

if you guys don't get it today keep your eyes glued on amazon in the future.. voted Skyrim

graywolf323

odd the flash sales timing is different tonight compared to the past few days

nothing ending at 11pm and 2 things at 3am instead

they better still not having anything end before 11am...

(all times listed are eastern timezone)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This is good to hear. I skipped buying the first since I've never heard anything good about it. Nice to know I don't have to spend too much time getting up to speed.

AC1 in a Nutshell (spoilers--also spoilers for the first 3-5 minutes of AC2 because I forgot exactly where the ending stops and the intro of AC2 starts):

You are Desmond Miles, a regular guy who is kidnapped by an organization called Abstergo. You are subjected to a device called the Animus, which allows you to relive the "genetic memories" of your ancestors. Your ancestor in this case is Altair, an Assassin in 12th century Jerusalem. Most of the game involves playing through Altairs memories. The Assassins and the Knights Templar have been at war with each other since the dawn of man, covertly manipulating major events in history to their own ends. As Altair, you assassinate a number of templars. Altair discovers an artifact known as the Apple of Eden, which has great powers and can control other people's minds. Abstergo is a holding company for the Templars in modern times. They are using Desmond's genetic memories to track down the Apple of Eden and other artifacts. A previous test subject subjected to the Animus has clearly gone insane, as you see psychotic writings he scribbled all over the walls of his holding cell. One of the women working on interrogating you at Abstergo, Lucy, reveals herself to actually be an Assassin double-agent and breaks you out of Abstergo. END OF AC1

If you start with AC2, this will be more than enough for you to get everything.

Retne

I managed to not buy Civ V the other day but I have a feeling that this time I won't be able to.

You should buy it. It's a lot of fun. Just get the base game for $7.50. You don't really need all that DLC since there's so much game there already. Then in the winter sale you can buy Gods and Kings on the cheap when you feel like changing stuff up.

hypernima

Banned
Sorry bro, wish I could give you my copy as I feel it is highly overrated. It looks gorgeous but it is very frustrating to play.

Ah man I love this game. I beat it 100% then when my friend got his GT wiped I beat it 100% for him again, and THEN again.

I'll just have to watch for when it drops again, thanks for telling me this game constantly drops though guys.

Kerrinck

Is Dead Rising off the record worth it or is it just a reskin of the second one?
I still have the second one on my backlog so I was wondering if it would be worth it to skip it and go straight to this one.

tenz0r

Is the Assassin Creed Revelations: Lost Archives DLC worth it for the $3.37 price? I am only interested in single play DLC, and that seems to be the only one that seems to be part of the overall AC storyline.

AC1 in a Nutshell (spoilers):

You are Desmond Miles, a regular guy who is kidnapped by an organization called Abstergo. You are subjected to a device called the Animus, which allows you to relive the "genetic memories" of your ancestors. Your ancestor in this case is Altair, an Assassin in 12th century Jerusalem. Most of the game involves playing through Altairs memories. The Assassins and the Knights Templar have been at war with each other since the dawn of man, covertly manipulating major events in history to their own ends. As Altair, you assassinate a number of templars. Altair discovers an artifact known as the Apple of Eden, which has great powers and can control other people's minds. Abstergo is a holding company for the Templars in modern times. They are using Desmond's genetic memories to track down the Apple of Eden and other artifacts. A previous test subject subjected to the Animus has clearly gone insane, as you see psychotic writings he scribbled all over the walls of his holding cell. One of the women working on interrogating you at Abstergo, Lucy, reveals herself to actually be an Assassin double-agent and breaks you out of Abstergo. END OF AC1

If you start with AC2, this will be more than enough for you to get everything.

Super small nitpick:

Lucy doesn't break you out of Abstergo in AC1. That's the intro to AC2.

Great synopsis otherwise, though :p

GatorFan

Banned
Hooked on the Witcher 2. Amazing game. Runs silky smooth on the rig I just finished building. However, because I'm enjoying it so much, I want to play the first one now...

Damn you Gaben! Put the Witcher back on sale!!

wilflare

it would be really nice if they ported the PoP Trilogy HD (from the console) to the PC/Steam and preferably as an update to the current games :/

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd get Civ 5 but I have Civ 3 and 4 still in my backlog unplayed.

Woke up at 5 am, still awake at 4 am. (took a 3 hour nap in between though)
Don't you feel like death? Because I know I do
KuGsj.gif

:(

1-D_FTW

From what I hear. It's barely a game. Hold W key and read the narration.

Dear Ester isn't a game. It's an interactive story. If you can accept that, 2.50 is a very fair price for it. And as someone else mentioned, if you play it in 3D, bonus points. Because it takes a very pretty and atmospheric experience and amps it up to 11.

Salsa

I say its very hard for someone getting into the series if your starting with 2. You miss all the Desmond bits from AC1 and character development.

I heavily disagree. Ass Creed 1 is a piece of shit. It made me ignore this series until way after 2 came out, assuming it was gonna be as afwul as that.

Avoid 1 at all costs and just read a wiki for the (still kinda useless) Desmond bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom