• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkOne

I almost have almost no interest in Ezio-era Assassin's Creed. Does Revelations bring anything juicy in terms of story?
It does. The thing that I liked the most about Revelations were the Altair segments, not THAT relevant, but they bring some new information about Altair's journey.

Artofwar420

Warlock - Master of the Arcane Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Patch Notes 1.2

Multiplayer and Diplomacy
• Players can now play Multiplayer games! (Steam is required).

Get Warlock Master of the Arcane people when it becomes a daily deal.

It was a flash deal already, but it just might come back. Super glad I got this cool Civ-like game with wizards and magic!

HiiiLife

So im sure a few people know that I'm new to these sales. But.. Do they always repeat sales like this so soon? Like the tenth time I've seen Civilization. Obvious sarcasm.

AC2 looks good. Only game I'm really interested from the pack considering the price.
Is DR2:OTR a standalone? Would I need DR2 to play it? It doesn't say anything about it on the product page.

ismaboof

I'm mulling on Saint's Row 3. Anyone know how it'd run on a Macbook Pro 15"?

6750M 1gig
8gig ram
i7 2720 @ 2.2
Windows 7 Pro 64
1680 x 1050

Card Boy

Banned
I almost have almost no interest in Ezio-era Assassin's Creed. Does Revelations bring anything juicy in terms of story?

Nothing interesting on the Desmond side. It basically tells of Atelier's and Ezio's final days as Assassins. Also watch the short film Assassins Creed Embers to see Ezios final chapter. Has abit of the Apple BS in it, mostly on Ateliers side.

Good game, highly recommend.

jesus what am I doing? I probably have 60 hours to play in three months time and I have already bought 6 games. what a terrible waste of money. if i ever lose my job i will have so much backlog...

thats it! if i lose my job... this is boredom insurance!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

6750M 1gig
8gig ram
i7 2720 @ 2.2
Windows 7 Pro 64
1680 x 1050

I have the newest MBP (retina) and it runs at 60fps on Ultra at 1366x768. At least, so far. I'm only 20 minutes into the game.

Windows 7 64

Edit: I'll try it at a higher res and report back.

drkOne

G'ah, another repeat. That's it, I give up. I'm going to bed.

I'm not even going to buy Walking Dead. I was going to but I bet it will be a flash deal in a day or so. That's how stupid the sale line up has been.
Give people more sales and they'll complain about repeats.
Give people no repeats and they'll complain about missing that one time it was on sale.

Nothing interesting on the Desmond side. It basically tells of Atelier's and Ezio's final days as Assassins. Also watch the short film Assassins Creed Embers to see Ezios final chapter. Has abit of the Apple BS in it, mostly on Ateliers side.

Good game, highly recommend.

better than brotherhood?

Carlisle

Well great, I got Civ V the last time it came up and I can't stop playing it. So now I kinda wanna grab Civ IV just to have. I didn't need to be tempted like this. Didn't need it one tiny bit.

mackattk

I am hoping a lot of upcoming deals are recycled some.. i am spending way too much money on this.

e7pIt.png

6750M 1gig
8gig ram
i7 2720 @ 2.2
Windows 7 Pro 64
1680 x 1050

Ran ok on mine ( I just have the 2.4ghz processor and 6770m)

On high settings I got 20-30 FPS at 720p. If I were you I would run on medium settings at 720p. Should run smooth.

Javaman

Is anyone else having trouble voting for deals? Almost every vote I have to keep trying ovedr and over before it takes. This most recent one won't register at all even aster 20 + votes. I'm stuck using the mobile client for the next 12 hrs.

Katoki

I welcome the recycling but that's my wallet talking. I like seeing different things in flash because the flash is much more exciting than the dailies.

For those who are looking to get into Assassin's Creed, just get AC2 and if you like it, get AC:Brotherhood during the winter sale. Those are the only two I would consider "must play". Revelations isn't bad, but it's not going to blow anyone away.

K' Dash

Just bought Fear 3 and Dear Esther :D

I LOVED Fear, kinda liked Fear 2, I know many people disliked Fear 3 but I figured I'd finish the trilogy and for $5, why not?

Dear Esther got me intrigued with that trailer, I'm not expecting much tho...

Ran ok on mine ( I just have the 2.4ghz processor and 6770m)

On high settings I got 20-30 FPS at 720p. If I were you I would run on medium settings at 720p. Should run smooth.

HAI THERE BROTHER.

Bad news is that New Vegas was a flash sale earlier. Could still be a daily, though.

I know this pisses me off! I was asleep for it and I really wanted that game. How much was it for the goty version (or whatever their calling it)?

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Give people more sales and they'll complain about repeats.
Give people no repeats and they'll complain about missing that one time it was on sale.

I'm selfish so I say screw those that miss deals. I have checked every day for the new deals. And, though not really happy about it, I get up to pee at least twice a night so I just check my phone before I head back to bed. So I never miss a flash.

I guess if people work and don't have a smartphone like I do, that would suck.

For those who are looking to get into Assassin's Creed, just get AC2 and if you like it, get AC:Brotherhood during the winter sale. Those are the only two I would consider "must play". Revelations isn't bad, but it's not going to blow anyone away.
This. Pretty much what I'm planning to do and don't pick up AC1. Just don't.

I know this pisses me off! I was asleep for it and I really wanted that game. How much was it for the goty version (or whatever their calling it)?
NV:Ultimate was 9.99. It was glorious!

Card Boy

Banned

I say just get the pack at 35bucks if you're new to the series.

9w8t3.png

I say its very hard for someone getting into the series if your starting with 2. You miss all the Desmond bits from AC1 and character development.

mirror's edge is 5 bucks but im broke.
kill me now.
i wonder if holiday 2012 it will be this price again?

Mirror's Edge $2.50 on Aus store, the only game that's a better deal here but hardly makes up for some others (looking at rage 66%-$33... US store even has it at 67% off!)

Curufinwe

II say its very hard for someone getting into the series if your starting with 2. You miss all the Desmond bits from AC1 and character development.

That's really not the case. 15 minutes on Wikipedia and youtube is plenty to get up to speed with AC 1, and I didn't even bother doing that before playing AC 2 and it's become one of my favorite series in this generation of console games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom