• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentendo

Thanks guys. I figured it was probably a glitch too. Note that when I refreshed the Indie Bundle I reappeared. Someone else has mentioned Ridge Racer wasn't visible for them one time and a refresh brought it back.

I'm American and the Indie Bundle displays that image every other time I visit the site.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hello everybody! 1st Steam sale. 1st post. Picked up Portal 2 - 4.99, The Witcher Enhanced Edition - 5.99 and Terraria - 2.49. Any chance The Orange Box goes cheaper than the 9.99 it's at now or should I just pick it up for that price?

You cannot be serious.

Tess3ract

Banned
Is Mafia II any good?!

I really love mafia 2. Somehow they did a better job making the faces realistic than that expensive shit they did in LA Noire.

The main character is interesting and likable, the progression feels natural, the car driving is good (better than rockstar car driving, that's for fucking sure)

The game is not GTA however. You can explore the city if you really want, and shoot things up, but there's less of an incentive to do that. You can if you want, but the story is much better.

I haven't gotten around to finishing it, (mostly because of a billion other games and I need a better computer because not being able to max out games shortens my patience) but I think very highly of it.

Pass on Mafia 1 however unless you just want to own it.

vid

So me and one of the roommates decided to try and recreate the iconic "It's sale time!!" image...

reallifenosteamno.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wat, that's the one that literally drops you in the woods and then says "go". At least Shadow of Chernobyl starts you off in a friendly town area.

The ship / hub area is a straight walk forward. If he can't find that much, he mind as well not bother with the series :lol.

Guys, I was just thinking that we could do our own achievement hunt thingie. You know the thing that got all of us to play our games last year.

I make a new thread and based on the daily deals, I'll choose a game for highscoring. Highest score wins a game. For that we'd need at least 10 games to gift. I'd throw in a few for the fun. The more gifts we have, the more Gaffers can win each day. How does that sound?

If there is no good daily deal, I'd choose a super cheap 75% off game so we dont get screwed by buying games at low discounts.

I am catching up with the thread but I am in and would even gift like a £5 game to a winner :)

TGMIII

You want to get Shadow of Chernobyl and then Call of Pripyat, no real reason to get Clear Sky imo unless you're a total stalker fanboy like me. Play Shadow of Chernobyl first and be sure to install the "Stalker Complete" mod for it so that it's less buggy. Stalker and it's standalone expansions are my favorite shooters ever, but they're certainly not for everybody, hope you enjoy.

What does the stalker complete mod do? I've been told by other people to just play the game without mods first then install mods if I plan to do another play-through.

Sblargh

Banned
I found it to be way more fun and easy to get into than EU. Since everything you're interacting with has a name and a face (as opposed to being a concept, a nation), playing it feels more intuitive and easier to imagine in your head. If you're trying to court someone who is an easily irritable hunchback with a drinking problem and a photographic memory, as opposed to a financially troubled land-locked province of France, it's easier to visualize and construct an inner narrative while you're playing.

My problem with these kinds of games (Civilization - all versions - have this, too) is that it too often become just a war game with some diplomacy and economy dangling somewhere. If this game really dodges this bullet like it is sounding it does. Hum. Ok then, I'll try it!

Xyber

SR3 ran awesome on my 5850. 1080p locked at 60fps.

1080p and 60fps when playing at low? Just saying fps and resolution doesn't help at all. I'm getting 35-45fps at 1080p when maxed out with my OC'd 6950, I gain maybe 10 fps if I remove all AA. =/

Play Call of Pripyat, if it blows your skirt up, play Chernobyl with the complete mod. Clear Sky can eat a dick. I have spoken.

Legend of Grimrock, homies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
My question never got answered. The daily deal time limits extend beyond a day. Does that mean daily deals are fewer or did they just add a grace period or something?

Bentendo

Day 1:

-Saints Row the Third
-Portal 1
-Legends of Grimrock
-Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes

Well... there's four games off my wishlist.

My question never got answered. The daily deal time limits extend beyond a day. Does that mean daily deals are fewer or did they just add a grace period or something?

Huh... didn't notice that. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

undecided

They have overlapped in past sales.. I think it just gives you more of a chance to buy the same number of games.

Last year I seem to remember that daily deals were added each day at 6pm BST but they always finished later than that, presumably, as you've said, a grace period.

Also, I've asked earlier but I'm about to go to sleep and need to know whether to purchase SpaceChem or not. Would anybody mind giving a few opinions on it?

Ledsen

Really? Huuuuuuuuuummmmm........ this sounds mighty interesting......... almost getting it now.

My problem with these kinds of games (Civilization - all versions - have this, too) is that it too often become just a war game with some diplomacy and economy dangling somewhere. If this game really dodges this bullet like it is sounding it does. Hum. Ok then, I'll try it!

It's still a game about being a ruler during the Crusades, so of course there will be war at some point. But diplomacy (as in marriage arrangements, manipulating the line of succession, keeping your vassals happy, uncovering plots, imprisoning/banishing/killing your enemies, bribing, spying, scheming, etc) is pretty much the biggest part of the game.

Caerith

So, Saints Row the Third got voted in (it's awesome, so yay people who haven't gotten it yet). Does this mean there's no chance of The Witcher 2 (which it was up against) getting a daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom