• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to pass on Warlock. Bit too expensive, and I watched about half that WTF is... and it just looked like a kind of crappy Civ 5 mod. I could probably get an actual Civ 5 mod that's better, for free.

Would rather put my money towards Gods & Kings if that gets low enough.

BearPawB

Banned
I really enjoyed Back to the Future. It is 100% a tell-tale style game. But its got humor. If your a fan of the movies, it is totally worth 6 bones.

Ledsen

^^ This. From a quick skim read/advice; seems the Sword of Islam DLC is the only significant one; adds new lands, monarchs etc. NOT included in the package deal.

It doesn't add anything except the ability to play as the muslim countries. All the gameplay additions were added to the base game in a patch. So unless you want to play as muslim countries right away, it's fine to just get the base game.

Joe Molotov

jEtu99fHXs7sG.jpg

Buy/play Oath in Felghana first.

Now tell us the correct way to pronounce Ys. ;)

"like geese" OR SO I'VE BEEN TOLD!

Bentendo

Well, I'm going to bed I guess. I can't believe I'm doing this but I'll be setting my alarm to go off whenever a new flash deal is scheduled. I just have to call someone to check the deals for me while I'm at work and give them my username/password. Honestly can't believe I'm doing this. I guess I'll also have to give them my e-mail account since they'll be activating it on a new computer.

surly

Banned
Does anyone know what might be causing this?.....

An error occurred while installing Rayman Origins (Invalid content configuration)
I've downloaded about 6 games without a problem so far, but every time I try and install this one I get that error.

Ledsen

Well, I'm going to bed I guess. I can't believe I'm doing this but I'll be setting my alarm to go off whenever a new flash deal is scheduled. I just have to call someone to check the deals for me while I'm at work and give them my username/password. Honestly can't believe I'm doing this. I guess I'll also have to give them my e-mail account since they'll be activating it on a new computer.

...or just use the mobile client.

Ledsen

I said "wow". You won't make it another week before having to pop another $100 in your account. Thankfully I get paid tomorrow.... but I also have several bills due as well.

I... have a flip phone.

So get a new phone. Don't make excuses, just do it, for Gabe.

TGMIII

You can check it out here. It doesn't particularly change the gameplay so I have no problem recommending it for a first playthrough. It's mostly a bug fixing and graphics update.

I've heard that stalker 2009 actually makes the game easier, does things like increases weapon accuracy, reduces damage and enemies vision. I guess if I do pick it up I'll just do a playthrough without mods and see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

Is Ridge Racer Unbounded any good? Love Need for Speed and Burnout.

See below.

So quick 30 min impressions of Ridge Racer.

It's RR in name only. The game is like Split Second and Burnout had a baby. Drift has a dedicated button and is your primary way of building the power meter. Once powered the game will highlight things you can destroy. Activate power, or basically nitro and blow through things for stunt cams and usually a full refill of the power meter. This allows you to chain destroying targets without losing the power meter.

The burnout part? You can ram other cars (life meter is above the cars) for takedown cams and more power. You can also shockwave frag cars by destroying targets right next to them.

Took me 3 tries to get the mechanics down and get 1st place on the first race. There is a level progression system where your score in races is the xp you level with. This unlocks cars, races, and parts for the track editor that I haven't messed with yet.

Will play more in a bit after dinner.

Card Boy

Banned
Only Warlock - Master of the Arcane and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic for me today for a total of 9.28.

Dark Messiah is $2.50 people!

The flash games only being 6 hours is ridiculous. Ridiculous because I'm actually stupid enough to set my alarm to get up and check them. For the next 2 weeks.

hiryu

Awesome, Grimrock and SR3 on the first day. Now I just need the Walking Dead to be a flash or daily deal and I'm done.

Card Boy

Banned
Back to the Future is amazing and is basically Back to the Future 4. Grab it.

The only criticism i have of the game is its way too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom