• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cystm

I hope the community choice in thirty minutes will fix those damn flash deals.

I can't stop checking to see if they are fixed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
For people who want to go to sleep.

We don't even know the actual deals duration, do we?

We had 6, 8, 10 and 12 so far, but the 6 hour deal did not become another 6 hour deal.

Again, math is hard.

Edit: here's what happened so far:

yXzhT.jpg

Salsa

This chart is completely wrong. Some of the sales are 12 hours, some are 6, some are 10-ish. Rayman and Warlock both ended at 1, but the two games that replaced them are ending at different times even though they started at the same time.

There is no uniform pattern.

d'oh your right. Amazing how I didnt pay enough attention since I made the same (wrong) argument before..

Chavelo

Sucks that the DLC for Saint's Row costs more by itself than the game + the dlc together. I already got the game...

Another storewide sale where I won't be able to get the DLC. Limited funds. :(

Dizzy-4U

If you guys are going to play Saints Row and don't pick Laura Bailey's voice, you're doing it wrong.

(Zombie voice for the replay.)

BadAss2961

Do you like 3D Zelda games at all? Yes of course you do. Buy it.
I don't get it when the Zelda comparisons go that far. Yeah, the game is mapped out similarly to a Zelda, but it plays like an above average God of War clone mixed with some ideas from other games. And personally, I thought the art style was pretty damn ugly.

Having said that, Darksiders is every bit worth $4.99. A fun, lengthy game. Maybe a bit too long.

Xena

Got Legend of Grimrock.... now waiting for it to download! Also gifted my young brother with the two Portal games... I hope he likes it!

sazzy

I just bought a game called Flora's Fruit Farm. It's like, about fruit or something.

I've got it bad. :(

It's even more than that...

There's a whole level of peer pressure going on. Something like 'I've spent x amount of money and now I'm going to convince you to do the same so I don't feel as bad about what I've done.'

This could make for a very interesting psychological study.

Smash88

Banned
Looks like they delayed the flash game sales for another 2 hours and 30 minutes.

When it ends.

THREE (COUNT IT 3) NEW GAMES WILL GO ON SALE! :O

Salsa

Looks like they delayed the flash game sales for another 2 hours and 30 minutes.

When it ends.

THREE (COUNT IT 3) NEW GAMES WILL GO ON SALE! :O

if it isnt a mistake and they're actually doing this im gonna guess they're gonna uniform it all and make the 4 change at the same time

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm waiting 25 minutes to go to bed so I can be sure to get Trine 2 for cheap.

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

inky

What games replaced Warlock and Rayman? I still see them both with a 50%/66% off for 2:30 more hours. Must be a regional thing (or you are all living in the future).

Edit: Jesus, like a million people replied in the time I checked the steam page...

Edit 2: Thanks guys.

What games replaced Warlock and Rayman? I still see them both with a 50%/66% off for 2:30 more hours. Must be a regional thing (Or you are all living in the future)

The timer ran out. Then it looked borked and said ten days and now it shows 2 hours.

Argh I thought I could make it the first day without buying anything... I was wrong *cry* Clash of Heroes and Trine 2 got me. (and I gotta stay awake another 20mins for Trine 2 grr!) Well here's hoping that the Civ 5 expansion goes on sale for $15 or less.

colinp

Banned
Anyone else having their Steam download go crazy slow? Wonder if my ISP is throttling me from downloading too much, damn gigantic TW2: Shogun!

Salsa

Wonder if my ISP is throttling me from downloading too much, damn gigantic TW2: Shogun!

if you're having any trouble with downloads its bound to be because of the Steam servers being loaded thanks to the sales

im downloading fine tho

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I really hope they changed their mind and make the Flash Deals have a 12 hour duration or something fixed.

It was going to be madness. the other way. Also, thanks for screwing up my spreadsheet.

Is there any chance someone picked up that indie pack and has a spare Lone Survivor? I don't know if it gives spares, but I'd be willing to trade, say, a $2.50 game for a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom