• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

Never ask if a game is worth buying in a Steam thread. GAF will always say yes. Most people here are paying 5 bucks a pop for a dopamine rush, not to actually play the game.

We have 1 flash deal and 1 community choice deal ending in 55 minutes as well as the poll closing for community choice in about 20 minutes and they still haven't fixed the flash deals. This is gonna get messy.

LobLob

Banned
Am I the only one who's not seeing the new flash deals? Rayman says it has 10 days left or something for me.

I still see them as well, IT guy at Valve fell asleep.

EDIT: Holy Fuck, another Flash deal as well in 50 minutes. I am never going to sleep.

Gonna get Crusader Kings II to play the Game of Thrones mod, is the collection for 12.49 worth it or should I just get the game by itself? I really just want to mess with the GoT mod

I haven't actually played it, but from what I've gathered here in the thread is that the only really worthwhile DLC is Sword of Islam. If you only want to play the GoT mod the base game is enough.

DOA

I have about £50 to spend, give or take, and I'm hoping the following end up as Daily and/or Flash Deals:

- The Walking Dead
- Quantum Conundrum*
- Civ V: Gods and Kings*
- Max Payne 3
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning*
- Street Fighter X Tekken*
- All the Assassin's Creed games
- GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
- Binary Domain
<B>- Spec Ops: The Line*</B>
- E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

*Not holding out hope for these.

These are the ones I'm keeping an eye on, but I'll see what else catches my interest too. Very tempted to spring £9.99 on Rayman: Origins. Been on the fence about picking that up for a while now.

Spec Ops is in the 2k collection with Darkness 2 and Civ 5 for only 50$. it's a steal

camerooni

Neo Member
My flash sales aren't updating.. just says Arcane and Rayman old prices with 10 days remaining :/ pfft.. what sorcery is this? Where is my Darksiders :p

Fjord

These some hot deals. Thinking of picking up the indie bundle for Lone Survivor. Can anyone recommend it or one of the other games in the pack?

The Baconing
Lone Survivor
Edge
Cave Story+
Anomaly: Warzone Earth

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
These some hot deals. Thinking of picking up the indie bundle for Lone Survivor. Can anyone recommend it or one of the other games in the pack?

The Baconing
Lone Survivor
Edge
Cave Story+
Anomaly: Warzone Earth

Cave Story+ is one of the best games on Steam. Just started Lone Survivor myself.

Jobacca

Neo Member
I need to step my Internet game up cause this Total War Shogun game has been downloading for a hooottttt minute.

*sigh*

Make sure the download server in your settings is right. The other day, mine had defaulted to somewhere overseas when I live in Florida o_O

VALIS

Never ask if a game is worth buying in a Steam thread. GAF will always say yes. Most people here are paying 5 bucks a pop for a dopamine rush, not to actually play the game.

I just bought a game called Flora's Fruit Farm. It's like, about fruit or something.

I've got it bad. :(

I'm tempted by darksiders...

Do you like 3D Zelda games at all? Yes of course you do. Buy it.

I just bought a game called Flora's Fruit Farm. It's like, about fruit or something.

I've got it bad. :(
image.php

HiiiLife

Make sure the download server in your settings is right. The other day, mine had defaulted to somewhere overseas when I live in Florida o_O

Eeeesh. That's what I get for Googling "How to speed up downloads" people were saying to change your server to Poland since there is less traffic. Lol. Changing it right back to Denver server.

Dizzy-4U

I have The "Sega Genesis & Mega Drive Classics" that I bought a long time ago. It's one launcher with 40 or so games inside.

If I buy a single Mega Drive game, does it get added to the launcher or is it a separate download?

bkw

Is the Valve Store sales unique to the Summer Sale? Want the Engineer cup at $10, but shipping's gonna kill it.

Fjord

Ok I'm sold on the indie bundle.

Some of you might be interested in
Space Rangers 2
Played this game a couple years ago, I wouldn't say any of it was that polished but it was amazing how many game modes they put into a single game. Every planet you land on is choose your own adventure, or maybe an RTS or turn based space combat. On top of a pretty solid arcade space adventure trading game.

I've been waiting for both Darksiders and Might & Magic Clash of Heroes.

Gaben gives them in the beginning of the sale.

I feel empty.

Go go go Cities in Motion DLC sale!

sp3000

Everyone who likes old school shooters should buy Hard Reset.

I thought it was a great buy at 30 dollars. for 3 dollars it a amazing deal.

Gala

Plan: Don't spend more than 30 Euro

Progression: Bought Saints Row 3 (7,50) and Warlock Master of the Arcane with DLC (8,74) = 16,xx Euro

Comment: Damn you Gaben!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For people who want to go to sleep.

This chart is completely wrong. Some of the sales are 12 hours, some are 6, some are 10-ish. Rayman and Warlock both ended at 1, but the two games that replaced them are ending at different times even though they started at the same time.

There is no uniform pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom