• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread: we still like you Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

I dunno if should pick up the Half Life games. IDK IDK IDK. I have never got the chance to play em. So im stuck between the choice of either the Half Life series, Portal or Left 4 Dead. iSad. iConfused.

Atilac

I dunno if should pick up the Half Life games. IDK IDK IDK. I have never got the chance to play em. So im stuck between the choice of either the Half Life series, Portal or Left 4 Dead. iSad. iConfused.

You don't need the 1st left 4 dead, they ported all its content to l4d2

Wondering if to get Grimrock. At this rate I won't have enough time to play all my games before I die. I'm guessing it will probably be cheaper in an indie bundle further down the line however.

The way daily deals worked for the last sale was they would get a few extra hours after the new ones got posted as a last chance thing. New daily deals will get posted at the usual time of 10PM PST.

And it's back!

Say, you look familiar...
... I don't believe so.

Either pick up the Valve Collection or wait for the daily deals for each. They'll all be super cheap.

Or grab the Orange Box to get both Portal and HL2.

Is Sega Hit Collection worth getting? Or should I wait?

2kt2c9xu10.gif

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the podcasts I had to listen to to get through Darksiders more than I enjoyed actually playing Darksiders. That game's just busywork for your fingers. The combat is the most banal heavy attacks/light attacks garbage, and the game makes sure you don't forget it by throwing fodder enemies at you around every corner or, if you're lucky, locking you in a room until you kill five waves of them. Every enemy takes way too long to kill, even basic human-sized enemies take five or six swings of your family-sedan-sized sword, so there's no sense that you're a big powerful bro. You'll level up your weapons as you play, which means that the weapon you unlock halfway through the game is 100% useless because the sword you've been using from the start is significantly more powerful by that point. The puzzles just involve finding the switch you haven't hit yet, and every area is far too big for War's glacial running speed. You get a horse later on, but you can only ride it in certain places.

There's one bossfight against a big sandworm from Dune where I had to look at a guide to see if I wasn't missing something because I literally could not believe the thing hadn't died yet. The mechanics of the bossfight are crystal clear in the first five seconds, you just have to spent fifteen minutes riding around and shooting this thing in its mouth.

But, hey, I hear other people liked it.

If you lack time to play then maybe you should stick to Portal 1+2. There's co-op and user maps in 2 if you want more.

Half-Life series is very good, but pretty beefy. HL1 also gets pretty hard around the middle or so IMO. HL2 is big all by itself and when you add the episodes it is massive!

Left 4 Dead wasn't really my cup of tea. If you like co-op multiplayer then go ahead.

HiiiLife

So NeoGAF would agree that skipping out on the first L4D and Portal would be okay? I've personally played both of the series on consoles already and only wanted the predecessors for "collection" sake. But if I'm not missing out on anything special then I'll pick up the sequels cause I really want to see if I'll enjoy these games more on PC (especially L4D2). So.. Here's waiting for the Daily Deal on the Half-Lifes and L4D2.

*crosses fingers*

Jintor

So NeoGAF would agree that skipping out on the first L4D and Portal would be okay? I've personally played both of the series on consoles already and only wanted the predecessors for "collection" sake. But if I'm not missing out on anything special then I'll pick up the sequels cause I really want to see if I'll enjoy these games more on PC (especially L4D2). So.. Here's waiting for the Daily Deal on the Half-Lifes and L4D2.

*crosses fingers*

nope, get 'em

well, get portal at least. L4D is probably outdated since all its content is now available in L4D2

*crosses fingers*

It's up to you, but I would prefer to have both Portal 1 and 2 on PC. Like you say, for the collection. But for Left for Dead just get the second one because they ported the entirety of L4d1 over to 2 and you get all of that for free with l4d2.

Salsa

*crosses fingers*

I'll gift you portal, send me a pm with your email

Gonna get Crusader Kings II to play the Game of Thrones mod, is the collection for 12.49 worth it or should I just get the game by itself? I really just want to mess with the GoT mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom